• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki (Director: Mamoru Hosoda) |OT| Pixar Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine why the Japanese audio wouldn't be on the disc.

I'm actually just new to this whole thing so I have no idea what happens when japanese stuff gets localized (minus some old ghibli films which I feel like they didn't come over with original language options?)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Zuuyz4r.jpg

I'm actually just new to this whole thing so I have no idea what happens when japanese stuff gets localized (minus some old ghibli films which I feel like they didn't come over with original language options?)

Very early Ghibli releases (Pre-2000) did not have the Japanese track, but after massive backlash against Mirimax in 2000 when they planed to release Princess Mononoke on DVD without the Japanese track, as the DVD had yet to be released in Japan and they feared importing from the US. There was a sizable campaign and they eventually gave in and released it with the Japanese track. And I think even those pre-2000 ones were all VHS releases and that Mononoke was the first Ghibli DVD in the US.

Other than a few shows that hit US TV's edited (like Card Captor Sakura), there really hasn't been an issue of any company trying to release somethgin without the Japanese track.

Articalys

The English-dubbed version of the movie is finally having a proper non-festival, non-anime-event limited theatrical run in Los Angeles for one week, starting today, September 27.

http://wolfchildrenmovie.com/events...in-los-angeles-september-27-october-3-2013-6/
http://www.laemmle.com/films/37440

Additionally, people anywhere in the U.S. can try to get a local screening through a Kickstarter-like platform called Tugg.
The Tugg, Inc. platform allows users to create a Tugg event in their city of choice and share it via social media. The film only screens (and participants only charged for their tickets) if enough tickets are reserved.
http://www.tugg.com/titles/wolf-children

Amazing film. Beautiful and very moving. Summer Wars is still my favorite of the 3 (and my favorite anime movie, period), but man, this one still delivers. Can't wait for Hosoda's next film.

I just saw this recently. Really enjoyed it, but I really think they should have aged up the kids
to high school or University age near the ending.

Fireblend

Banned
This is a thread I don't mind one bit seeing back on the first page. Brilliant movie, I don't think I watched a better one last year. So damn good.

omg_mjd

Just saw it. Manly tears were shed.

And because of the dad dying early, for the rest of the movie it felt like none of the other characters were safe. The scenes with Ame in the river and Hana in the mountain were harrowing.

UberTag

Watched Wolf Children for the 2nd time this past weekend.
Mike McFarland did a stellar job directing the dub... as he did with Summer Wars.
Colleen Clinkenbeard (Hana) and Jad Saxton (Yuki) were notable standouts.

Saw it. Did not like it. No tear was shed.

Pretty animation, but the story and characters did nothing for me. Was not involved in any of it. I generally don't like anime though (there's only very few that I have found to be really good). I keep watching to see if one will surprise me.

DonMigs85

Saw it. Did not like it. No tear was shed.

Pretty animation, but the story and characters did nothing for me. Was not involved in any of it. I generally don't like anime though (there's only very few that I have found to be really good). I keep watching to see if one will surprise me.

i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg

Try Redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom