• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct trailer

Erethian

You don't think the biggest 3DS games so far will make an appearance? I don't really understand your logic here.

Anyway, this E3 is impossible to screw up, although I know Nintendo will try. StreetsAhead's list has me really excited either way (yes, even after last year ;_;).

It's more a question of what games they decide don't fit E3. Part of the reason people have problems with the conferences is because the companies see E3 as the best venue to reach out to the casual consumer who barely pays attention to videogames. So they save their "core" games for other occasions.

ffdgh

You don't think the biggest 3DS games so far will make an appearance? I don't really understand your logic here.

Anyway, this E3 is impossible to screw up, although I know Nintendo will try. StreetsAhead's list has me really excited either way (yes, even after last year ;_;).

Wii music 2 announced with another great onstage demonstration

NateDrake

Pokemon is a beast of its own and doesn't need major focus at E3. Will it be playable at E3? Of course. Will it be a main highlight for Nintendo's conference? No.

Frolow

Banned
Why "doubt it" on X? Game looks pretty far along and based on the positive reaction from the trailer Nintendo would be crazy to just ignore it at E3.
I doubt they'll do anything with X because it's a more Japanese tailored game, not something the game media would focus on that much with the 720/PS4 reveals.

The main Pokemon games are never at E3. A Direct/Famitsu blow-out reveal seems more likely.

ohlawd

I doubt they'll do anything with X because it's a more Japanese tailored game, not something the game media would focus on that much with the 720/PS4 reveals.

I hope that you are wrong man, I really do.

If X gets no screentime in the spotlight like what happened to TW101 last year (relegated to back stage premier, wtf), I dunno what I'd do to myself.

It's not going to get much exposure at all. It isn't even gaining much traction on NeoGAF.

It got a bunch of nods in the most anticipated for 2013 thread.

Plus, we're all still here talking about it a week later. So it's already got more traction than most megatons around here.

I doubt they'll do anything with X because it's a more Japanese tailored game, not something the game media would focus on that much with the 70/PS4 reveals.

Actually, I disagree. It's exactly the type of thing that people who spend too much time on the internet reading about video games are really into.

guek

Banned
You think nintendo doesn't see how popular X is with the hardcore? Or how much faster its racking up youtube views compared to their other titles?

I'm sure it'll get at least a bit of screen time at E3. I could see them releasing a trailer in a pre-conference ND too if it turns out it's not coming until 2014 anyway.

Nintendo would have to to truly screw the pooch to have an unexciting E3 that, at the bare minimum, at least gets their base excited.
Then again, they did manage it last E3. If W101 had been featured during the conference, Retro's game had actually shown up, and Aliens had been demoed on stage instead of Batman like it was rumored, it would have at least been watchable.

lol the slide at the end of the trailer is the best shit ever! omg happy feels everywhere in my ears and shit and my eyes!

edit: This game should be out april may right??? :(

My thoughts.

*This is the first Pokemon game to be releasing in the West shortly following E3. They may use it to at least acknowledge one of the years biggest sellers.
*Wii Party U is slated for Summer, so it'll probably be shown off.
*The list was not just focused on games that would be spoken of at the conference, but games that may be playable or have new media released.
*Given the popularity of the X trailer (which may have hit 1M views on Youtube by then), I'm sure they'll be showing some media, even if they hadn't been planning on it.
*Wind Waker is going to be out in the Fall. It'll be there.

They'll troll us again, like last week's Direct. The first 2/3 will be casual and 'boring', while the last 20 minutes will be non-stop bombs.

edit: This game should be out april may right??? :(

Spring ~ Summer, probably June (Game & Wario, Wii U Fit, Pikmin, TW101, in that order @ a rate of 1/month from March) .

Who knows how much Kamiya and his crazy team is packing into this one. I say take as long as they need to. I want another amazing title.

I wonder to what extent we've seen the gameplay mechanics. I feel like they're a lot deeper than the footage is letting on. I'd love to see some more Unite! forms revealed.

TDLink

I am thinking August is the latest we will see this and June is the earliest. I have a feeling they will push Pikmin first though so I am guessing this will be late July or sometime in August.

Anth0ny

Why "doubt it" on X? Game looks pretty far along and based on the positive reaction from the trailer Nintendo would be crazy to just ignore it at E3.

they've done crazier things in the past

wouldn't be shocked if reggie said something like "X didn't make an appearance today because it isn't a game for the American audience" or some dumb bullshit like that

What is there now?

*Defensive Goop
*Ladder
*Hand
*Gun
*Sword
*Hang Glider
*Chain

Am I missing anything?

Yeah, I think that's it so far. Watching all the trailers again to see if I catch anything else.

One thing I've already been reminded of from the original unveiling is the collectable gears. I don't think we've seen any use for those yet. There are items in the game, so maybe the gears are used as currency for those items or even upgrades.

Yeah, I think that's it so far. Watching all the trailers again to see if I catch anything else.

One thing I've already been reminded of from the original unveiling is the collectable gears. I don't think we've seen any use for those yet. There are items in the game, so maybe the gears are used as currency for those items or even upgrades.

Huh, never noticed the gears either (but then I never noticed the floating white robot thing, so I'm clearly blind). I guess they'd be currency yeah, or used for puzzles, maybe.

You're a good person.

I love the chubby green character. Although I can't tell exactly what she(?) says.

"Something, something. Every insult an opportunity to further taunt your opponent."

I'm starting to really feel the hype for this. Starting with Rayman, we're about to get a big string of great exclusives followed by what's sure to be a great E3.

EDIT: I think the bazooka could be a gun upgrade considering they're both green. That's another thing, each object is related to one of the three main heroes. Probably doesn't have any significance, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I love the chubby green character. Although I can't tell exactly what she(?) says.

I'm not the only one?! I thought I might have been going deaf too.

EDIT: I think the bazooka could be a gun upgrade considering they're both green. That's another thing, each object is related to one of the three main heroes. Probably doesn't have any significance, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I'm sure it has some significance, though I'm not sure what it could possibly be. Maybe you can divide into three 'teams' at some points, but you can only do the relevant 'team leader's' power while divided? Or something?

I'm sure it has some significance, though I'm not sure what it could possibly be. Maybe you can divide into three 'teams' at some points, but you can only do the relevant 'team leader's' power while divided? Or something?

Hah, I was actually thinking the same thing! That could make for some interesting level design, especially if you could return to levels with different leaders to find secrets.

Neiteio

Green character is a dude. Seems like they're going for the "fat German boy" character:

UterSimpsons.gif

Although the fact the blue character makes a reference to foie gras, a French delicacy, makes me think the green guy might be French?

And yeah, I have no clue what he says at the start, either.

Side note: Red guy's gauntlets are badass.

OryoN

Going to make a somewhat bold prediction here:

This game seems to be putting certain main characters in the spotlight.

We know this game is built around 4 players, but recently we're mostly seeing 3 main characters highlighted. The red, blue, and green guy.

Well, where's the yellow character? If you remember the old trailer, while there isn't a yellow main character(not yet), the color is at least present in the multiplayer(watch clip from 1:28)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4D4YZQ9uY

A 4 player game, with only 3 main characters so far... red, blue, and green, but no yellow? Hmmm... gotta be a 4th, no?

Unless they go the route where the 4th main character is actually YOU... then...

I'm prediction that there's a real 4th main character, their costume will be yellow, AND most likely a female... just because it makes things more interesting and "complete."

Going to make a somewhat bold prediction here:

This game seems to be putting certain main characters in the spotlight.

We know this game is built around 4 players, but recently we're mostly seeing 3 main characters highlighted. The red, blue, and green guy.

Well, where's the yellow character? If you remember the old trailer, while there isn't a yellow main character(not yet), the color is at least present in the multiplayer(watch clip from 1:28)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4D4YZQ9uY

A 4 player game, with only 3 main characters so far... red, blue, and green, but no yellow? Hmmm... gotta be a 4th, no?

Unless they go the route where the 4th main character is actually YOU... then...

I'm prediction that there's a real 4th main character, their costume will be yellow, AND most likely a female... just because it makes things more interesting and "complete."

I think it makes sense that the 4th character, yellow, is the player and is a commanding role which is why we don't see them

Top Bottom