• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The xbox 360 2008 (slated!) Thread!

Brashnir

Tieno said:
1upyours. Someone (Simon?) said 360 doesn't have a soul.

Is that to insinuate that other consoles do have a soul? What a ridiculous statement. Of course a console has no soul. He may as well have said, "The Xbox 360 has a processor."

A good chunk of PC ports and a pile of shovelware as well. RE5 is definitely an 09 game as well as (most likely) Alan Wake.

Still, looks like we will have some great stuff to play this year. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction are the only two sight unseen games on that list for me.

Edit: Fallout won't make this year either.

goldenpp72

Alright thanks to unnamed poster for the 3 new banners, all look good imo. Obviously you guys can see where id take the thread now, but the forum has an issue with me expanding the post any further so ill need to have that worked out if im to do anymore :(

Gowans

maybe you can start a one for XBLA, originals, DLC etc. and link to it, should free up enough text for all the new goodness for the full retail titles.

nice work my man

goldenpp72

Well the problem is that when I add URL links to the info it counts as text, if I add the rumor section back it breaks the post, but when I remove it, it comes back.. Evilore said he would look into it or maybe make the second post in this thread one from me so I can edit it, but nothing yet.

Still with all the game shows coming in the next few months im sure some new stuff will come, xbla titles and such, so hopefully something is done so I can manage the thread as things happen. Kinda why I did it now.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't care about Xbox 360 because it doesn't have James Brown seal of approval for 2008.

I need soul baby.

(I'll take Too human with some Alan Wake springled, i want Ninja Gaiden 2, Banjoo, and splinter cell, to take)

Looks good, but we need some announcements in order to make it look great.

goldenpp72

hopefully Microsofts unannounced exclusives will be worth while then. I think for a slated release set as of the first week of the year it looks rather good though.

goldenpp72

a couple of those were in the original post until I had to remove text to make the thread work again, but ill try to keep track of all this in case things get fixed later.

pCeSlAyEr

Router said:
I didn't say it did. I said the opposite. The devs said that this Race Driver is more like PGR/NFS rather than the previous games.
oh :( thats not cool... I'd prefer TOCA over more NFS crap anyday!

Decado

Great thread. Almost painfully dry in terms of exclusives, though (and I *don't* count PC titles as exclusives). I half-wish NG2 gets canceled so I don't have to buy a console practically devoid of exclusives (that or M$ puts some money into *quality* developers for a change and buys some exclusives).

Decado said:
Great thread. Almost painfully dry in terms of exclusives, though (and I *don't* count PC titles as exclusives). I half-wish NG2 gets canceled so I don't have to buy a console practically devoid of exclusives (that or M$ puts some money into *quality* developers for a change and buys some exclusives).

Oh shit! I never realized that but you could totally replace the S in "MS" with a dollar sign and makes such an insouciant statement about that monolithic corporation!

Gold star!!

goldenpp72

If you happen to have a powerful pc and a ps3 then yeah the 360 lineup isn't quite as good, but it's still rather well padded and will become more so later.. I think some are just picky.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Decado said:

Greaaaaaaat post.

Nice touch with the "M$" too...

Best thing is though that almost all of these exclusives in this "dry" list were actually slated for 2008, instead of being delayed till then though...

Quazar

Inside the Xbox had Geoff from spike TV saying we'll be getting some exciting announcements in next couple months. Pretty obvious but yea.

SPEA

Quazar said:
Inside the Xbox had Geoff from spike TV saying we'll be getting some exciting announcements in next couple months. Pretty obvious but yea.
Yeah I saw that too. I'm pumped.

Decado said:

Somebody should have sent me an IM to announce this troll. :lol :lol :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I wish Geoff could have spilled the beans on one of the unannounced games he knows of that is coming to the 360. Watch Inside Xbox on the dash with the Major Nelson and Geoff interview.

Salazar

Psychotext said:
Tell me more.

Google. Hardly anyone in the screens is wearing anything at all, and one of the male characters has boobs. We don't know much yet, really, and it looks like the kind of thing that gets cancelled.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Decado said:

Didn't you hear? M$ are leaving teh industryz because they cant compeat wiff Sornyz! LOL!

Wait for GDC for the exclusive announcements. Its a little thing called MEGATON.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Salazar said:
Project Witches (scantily clad fantasy romp with some potential) is supposed to come in 2008, too.

Finally, someone uses next gen hardware for good. :lol

beerbelly

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
I wish Geoff could have spilled the beans on one of the unannounced games he knows of that is coming to the 360. Watch Inside Xbox on the dash with the Major Nelson and Geoff interview.

Could it be the other rumored Rare game? Don't tell me Rare's other one is The Fast and the Furriest.

goldenpp72

It was for a long time coming to all 3 platforms, I just don't see it not hitting the 360/pc sometime later, not that I care too much.

Iksenpets

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Posted this in the PS3 thread so I might as well post it here too

Mirror's Edge

mirrors_edge_faith.jpg

Last I read, it was slated for 2008.

There are some screens out now, too. Almost definitely bullshots, but they'll do.

119.jpg

118.jpg

Sean

Banned
beerbelly said:
Could it be the other rumored Rare game? Don't tell me Rare's other one is The Fast and the Furriest.

A Perfect Dark sequel is almost definite. The Kameo team should have something new to show off too (that's IF they were not disbanded into other teams).

clashfan

Agent Icebeezy said:

Watching that made me very excited. Just give us the news Geoff, stop teasing.

duffey

Decado said:
Hold on I can do this too.

$ony
₦intendo

Also, I'm really excited for this year. NG2 = winnn.

edit: I forgot Mafia 2 is coming, ohhh man.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Sean said:
A Perfect Dark sequel is almost definite. The Kameo team should have something new to show off too (that's IF they were not disbanded into other teams).

I thought most of the people on the Kameo team left Rare?

goldenpp72

Why would they have left rare.. rare hasn't lost many employees in a long time. I don't think we'll be seeing a kameo sequel anytime soon, if ever, but it should be safe to assume that same team is working on other projects.

I beleive rare has like 6 main teams and a couple for portable/small projects.

Monmin

PDZ just needed more time to be polished. It was fun to play despite some major flaws. The game did not take advantage of the power of the 360 (frame rate issues, even though not a lot going on). Also, it suffered from a really frustrating checkpoint system.

However the creativity was there - the weapons and gadgets were cool.
The gameplay was FPS but it almost played like a puzzle game. For that I liked it.

To me Rare is a company that is high on creativity and game play concepts, they just need some extra time to polish the technical aspects of their games.

Rare is not a company that should be rushed. You have to give them time.

Top Bottom