• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox + Bethesda 2021 E3 Showcase & Discussion Thread

How many games will they show at Xbox E3 2021?

• 20 games

Votes: 80 31.9%
  • 35 games

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • 50 games

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • 60 games (same as 2019)

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 85 games

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • 100 games

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Over 100 games

Votes: 72 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcadialane

I'll be OK if we can at the least get this:

Start show with Halo infinite looking refreshed with gameplay trailer
New Gears of war spin off announcement trailer
We happy few 2 announcement trailer
Perfect dark gameplay trailer
Hellblade 2 gameplay trailer
Avowed gameplay trailer
Fable gameplay trailer
State of decay 3 gameplay trailer
Indiana jones teaser trailer
Release dates for these games between now-2023
Show ends with Starfield extended gameplay demo with surprise 'available to play right now on gamepass'

Last edited:

BatSu

Humanities finest creation

UTyuOHY.png

da8fc798ae2276422891fb0e87d069c1.gif

kyussman

As long as Todds lovely leather jacket makes an appearance I'll be more than satisfied with the showing.....perhaps Phil will wear a cool t-shirt too!

FingerBang

I think Bethesda will be the most interesting part of this showcase.

I think the only big news will be studios acquisition and some multi-platform series going exclusive.
Looking forward to see what's coming to Game Pass!

MastaKiiLA

The second E3 show worth watching. SGF was worth it for the expected Elden Ring reveal. This one is worth it, because I think both Sony and MS fans are interested to see what MS has planned for the next couple of years. Should be an entertaining thread.

Mr Moose

It's today? Shit, my beer won't arrive until Tuesday. I do have some shandy though, hmm...
They'd only need to show 2 good games to shit on Ubisofts show, the only way is up.

What time does it start? Says 12 hours in OP but I thought it was 6 PM BST?
Edit: Never mind, that's not a countdown timer lol.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
I really hope Microsoft don't go full woketard, will stop watching if there's any reference to things I can't mention here (because freedom of speech is dead even here on these forums it seems).

We'll see, putting that trash aside, hopefully they just focus on the games and that the games we're expecting to see, exceed expectations and that there are a plethora (love using that word since The Three Amigos) of surprises!

As a bare minimum, Halo Infinite and Starfield need to blow me away! But truth be told, they need to go to 11 in every department (all amazing gameplay, no lying in-engine fake news) if they hope to gain any momentum against Sony. Hopefully they can make Xbox gaming great again!

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Reminder that if you registered, you can log in to https://experiences.fanfest.xbox.com/ 20 minutes from now. Probably going to get hammered because for some backward ass reason they limited the attendance to 50000 people.
I'm in.

Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond, Aaron Greenberg, and Pete Hines. For today's event, we will be hosting a pre-show Q&A livestream with these special guests that only FanFest fans will have access to.

skit_data

I think MS has done a great job in not hyping this event up too much. It has more of an air of mystery surrounding it;

Exactly what will Xbox and Bethesda show?

I don’t expect them to deliver the craziest things we’ve seen yet because COVID is still around but I still can’t shake the feeling that they have some really interesting and unexpected stuff up their sleeve.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Very excited for today's show. MS usually shows a good deal of third party games but maybe they will focus solely on first party today since everyone expects it due to Bethesda acquisition. Either way, it's gonna be interesting to see MS plans for the future of Xbox. Go Team Green!

Bkdk

Most important is just to know starfield will support robust modding. Other side stuff for me is AOE4 release date. Since avowed won't be here so probably nothing more I really want. I bet there will be a 400 pound person with mixed gender to be host as well just so MS can call themselves the best of show by that. Other than that I have 0 expectations. Will likely be pretty bad.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I have my Thatcher's Haze (cloudy cider), Howdah Bombay Mix and Xbox Fanfest page loaded. Bring it on, Philippe!

anthony2690

Banned
I'm really looking forward to the show, the only stuff that worries me is Bethesda, I like the games they show, but I can't sit through their e3 shows sadly.

So I'm hoping it's like the usual Microsoft show, games, games, games.

I am more than happy with gameplay trailers, but I don't need to see a full walk through etc.

Last edited:

ShaikhCroft

Very excited for today's show. MS usually shows a good deal of third party games but maybe they will focus solely on first party today since everyone expects it due to Bethesda acquisition. Either way, it's gonna be interesting to see MS plans for the future of Xbox. Go Team Green!
Battlefield 2042 & Far Cry 6 already confirmed for the show! Stalker 2 is also a given!

Banjo64

cumsessed
I have my Thatcher's Haze (cloudy cider), Howdah Bombay Mix and Xbox Fanfest page loaded. Bring it on, Philippe!
I’ve just had a few beers and some hotdogs and mac & cheese whilst watching England beat Croatia. Still 2 hours to go now. Fuck.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Devolver presentation was stellar, as usual.
To each their own! For me it didn't really do anything. Some cool looking things, sure, but nothing that really interested me a ton. The couple that did for me ever so slightly were Death's Door and that Samurai game. But that's it for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
90 mins

ill take my chances and keep them high
This! They owe us a huge presentation that pulls no punches, and knocks it out of the park, anything less is a total failure. They had the whole previous generation to prepare, if they come up short again this year Im done.

Don't count out Nintendo yet, they could have one of those rare home runs. Unless you don't think they compete with each other, which would be fair.

Why they don't compete?? :unsure::unsure:

But anything short of Breath of the wild 2 and Switch pro reveal, they are gonna loose by default.

Xbox has Halo and Starfield basically confirmed from their E3 conference pic.

Top Bottom