• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Controller NOT having a RECHARGABLE BATTERY has to be the WORST ANTI-CONSUMER feature of last-gen (Phil Spencer, GET IN THE FU**ING THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xboxonebatteries.jpg
How do Xbox Players convince themselves that Microsoft were doing them a favor by NOT adding a built-in rechargeable battery inside their self-proclaimed "bEsT gAmInG cOnTrOlLeR"???

Phil Spencer should be ashamed of his brand and team for doing what they did and should IMMEDIATELY rectify this awful ANTI-CONSUMER and ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL feature. The first exclusive I want to see in E3 isn't the Initiative's upcoming AAAAAAAAA game, but rather the exclusive feature of having a built-in RECHARGEABLE battery that's zero carbon-emission.

PlayStation has provided its customers with amazing built-in batteries that not only are rechargable but also DON'T LAST FOR 5+ hours to tackle the never-ending issue of GAMING ADDICTION. We need more brands to follow the moral and philosophical pillars of PlayStation in order to become better gamers and consumers in the future.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS PLAYSTATION
D8F9zKP.png

I bought an Xbox Elite controller series 1 instead of a series 2, and the main reason was because I did NOT want the internal battery on the series 2.

Rechargeable AA eneloops are the way to go. 40 hours of battery life, can be swapped out in 10 seconds and never have to deal with shit battery life after a few years, just replace the batteries, not the whole controller.

Saber

Gold Member
I still remember when I used to play Xbox360 with my brother...we spend way too much batteries for that goddamn xbox controller. Still can't believe in all that money wasted.

Enjay

Banned
Buy some rechargable batteries then. I prefer controllers using batteries because their controllers don't become useless or a project to fix when a lithium battery dies.

CuNi

Dunno, I like being able to swap out batteries in 10s instead of having to sit on the shit place on the sofa and buckle forward live Quasimodo just to be able to play since the cord you get is shorter than my attention span.

MaulerX

Eneloops in the controller and a pair charging. Swap them when needed. 100% wireless ALL the time. Love the Xbox controller for that.

My PS4's controller's battery sucks so bad I have to literally have it plugged in most of the time. That my friend, totally sucks.

!

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

I'll take swappable battery packs in my xb1 controller that last days over my DS4s 4 hour is what it is battery (Play and charge should come with the controller though 100%)

I hope both companies go with swappable batteries next gen.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Charge kit. From my experience, fully charged, lasts longer than the DS4

Yeah, about 4 times longer than the stupid DS 4.

I borrowed my old roommate's Switch to play BotW and and they do non-replaceable batteries right, his fully charged switch controller lasted almost twice as long as the Xbox controller which is about 8 or 9 times longer than the pos DS4.

D3SCHA1N

Integrated recharable batteries suck donkey balls. Battery deteriorates? BUY A WHOLE NEW CONTROLLER THEN SHITBIRD! You're saying that is a more "pro consumer" stance that sony has taken? I'm on at least my 3rd ps4 controller because the batteries inside them blow ass and get to the point they wouldn't even hold a charge.

All I did was buy a rechargeable battery pack for my xbox controller and it works perfect, like how playstation's bullshit controllers should work. I've had it for years, there is a light on the charging cable that tells you when it's fully charged and it still has an hours long life on a single charge. My new DS4 I got around September has a noticably shorter life already... I'd rather buy a $20 rechargable battery pack than a $45-$60 controller every damn time. The DS4 is the best controller playstation has ever had and it still sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom