• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The XBOX Store has just bee updated with new UI

Do you like the new design?

• Total voters

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Just noticed the new store UI overhaul is live in anticipation of the Series X|S Launch.
I personally like it, feels snappy and more modern than the old one.

Gzhae0s.jpg

rLU4tkQ.jpg

7qQ9cwV.jpg

Vvzp734.jpg

12bd2c8.jpg

XOKN5mA.jpeg
Ill let you know in November.

Don’t like how you can’t jump to the games game hub from the store anymore. Also trailers don’t play if you press A on them 🤷‍♂️ So you need to have the auto preview enabled for them to play but it’s stuck with the thumb dimensions.
Or just select game and press up then you have fullscreen trailer.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why did they downgrade the store to look like psn store?

Is it because they think they'll get more players from camp blue when next gen starts?

Bodom78

Always weird when big changes like this happens but now that I've used it a little I like it and prefer it to the previous version.

Not sure if it's an oversight but if I select the mute the video preview option I have no sound when viewing videos in the detail view either.

Also, if a disable auto play of the videos, I cannot manually play them.

Tiamat2san

To all those who think that it’s like the PS store..... not at all.

lol.

it doesn’t lag when selecting something , it’s responsive which the PS Store clearly isn’t.

it’s prettier and clearer too.

i have a really good connection and the PS store has always been a chore to use.
xbox store was OK and now it’s incredibly fast and the the Last console UI too.

my internet connection

49x1BPp.jpg

we will see the PS5 UI maybe it will be good but now there’s no comparison.

Last edited:

martino

To all those who think that it’s like the PS store..... not at all.

lol.

it doesn’t lag when selecting something , it’s responsive which the PS Store clearly isn’t.

it’s prettier and clearer too.

i have a really good connection and the PS store has always been a chore to use.
xbox store was OK and now it’s incredibly fast and the the Last console UI too.

my internet connection

49x1BPp.jpg

we will see the PS5 UI maybe it will be good but now there’s no comparison.

which internet provider do you have ? orange ?

Last edited:
That’s only useful if the game has one, rebel galaxy outlaw has 2 and no way to watch the first video 😂 well not fullscreen anyways.
Dont you just scroll down to videos past the screenshot tab>>? i watched all the cyberpunk trailers just 2 days ago and iirc there are 4

Connxtion

Dont you just scroll down to videos past the screenshot tab>>? i watched all the cyberpunk trailers just 2 days ago and iirc there are 4
You can yeah, but pressing A on them does nothing. You need the auto preview enabled for them to play. And at that they only play in the thumb. (Like games when browsing them)

So basically if there are more than one video you can’t view them like you could on the old store. It maybe a bug, but it’s been present since it first came out and there was an update the other day that never fixed it 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

CouzinD

Yeah I like it.

Definitely ‘borrowed’ some of the design from the PS Store, which is a good thing. Previous Xbox store was terrible.

Last edited:

CouzinD

Also, just noticed... is that Typeface the same that was around on the 360 in the early days...?

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Sidebars are good. You get more vertical space in the working pane, which is helpful if you are displaying a large number of items, either list or icon view. Switched one of my apps from top nav bar to sidebar, and love it. The top bar can be just for status or profile menus. Going to update some of our other products to the same format now.

Meanwhile, the Window MS Store is still a cluttered pile of garbage. I don't know why anyone would ever use that store. They need to update it to what they have on Xbox.

I like it, but i hope they let us change the background color and such, dont like the color its on now.

Otherwise, its snappy and much clearer than the xbox store was before. Thumbs up.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Weird, it looks as if they are going back from Segoe UI font on Xbox One to something that resembles the font they used on Xbox 360.

Xbox 360

xbox-360-blades-dashboard-1.jpg

Xbox One

LyEcquw.png

Convection UI

Used to love this font back in the days.

Zathalus

Very nice, I last used the Xbox interface about 2 years ago and it was fucking terrible in performance and cohesiveness.

Top Bottom