• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP spoiler thread: ALL SPOILERS IN HERE OR ELSE (late game spoilers itt)

They essentially say the controls are a bit tricky to get used to, not flawed in general. Which should be a surprise to nobody, seeing as we already know how to play Zelda, and the controls here are pretty different.

Smiles and Cries said:
EDGE Mag Preview Quotes...
During the first 6 hours you will have done more than the equivalent of 3 dungeons in on any other zelda game in terms of new items, skills etc.

I havent been this excited about a game since........since......OCARINA OF TIME! :lol

Johnas

Treefrog said:
I really was expecting to get this hyped, but the wait is almost...over...arg!

It really is a supreme test of patience for us GC Zelda folks (talking about myself, not sure where you stand). I shouldn't have any trouble getting my money's worth out of FFXII in the meantime.

Kangu

Banned
Treefrog said:
I really was expecting to get this hyped, but the wait is almost...over...arg!

I wasn't either to be honest. My hype was completely gone and now the sudden realization that the game is a little over a month away has me hot and bothered for no good reason. I am WAAAAY WAAAAY more excited about playing this game than I have been about anything since...possibly MGS2.

**** the next gen. Current gen gaming for the win.

God, waiting to play Zelda until the semester is out is going to be one hardcore battle of wills. Well, being broke does help some.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, this game has me so hyped that I'm fricken considering breaking down and buying the Wii. I don't know if I could last yet ANOTHER month. Damn you Nintendo, you cruel yet beautiful bastards. :mad:

I have a feeling because its MATT no one will care what he has to say... I can't wait to hear what PEER has to say about this Zelda.

By FRIDAY we all should be on full Hypermode HYPE

Smiles and Cries said:
I have a feeling because its MATT no one will care what he has to say... I can't wait to hear what PEER has to say about this Zelda.

By FRIDAY we all should be on full Hypermode HYPE

OH, somebody will read the spoilers and be all over him.

Oblivion said:
Seriously, this game has me so hyped that I'm fricken considering breaking down and buying the Wii. I don't know if I could last yet ANOTHER month. Damn you Nintendo, you cruel yet beautiful bastards. :mad:

I originally had the GC version of the game preordered. But I realized a long time ago that I wasnt going to be able to wait. Better now then on launch day when you cant find a system :)

gamergirly said:
OH, somebody will read the spoilers and be all over him.

Why does he have to spoil it? Matt knows better I hope...

The Reviews still have to come out before the game people will want to know about the controls...

I can't wait to see how many people cave and get the Wii version when they planned on waiting for the cube :D

Peru

Smiles and Cries said:
Why does he have to spoil it? Matt knows better I hope...

The Reviews still have to come out before the game people will want to know about the controls...

I can't wait to see how many people cave and get the Wii version when they planned on waiting for the cube :D
With EDGE spelling out which version is the best, I can't see who shouldn't. But being stubborn is a lasting quality, I guess.

Peru said:
With EDGE spelling out which version is the best, I can't see who shouldn't. But being stubborn is a lasting quality, I guess.

Well, it's understandable if you're not going to get a Wii system. But if you are, unless you're going to keep your GC laying around, you will end up playing TP on Wii one way or another. The game doesnt even support standard controllers if Im not mistaken on the Wii, so you'll have to play with Wii's remote when you shift to the system from GC.

Even PEER a die-hard Zelda fan thinks not playing the Wii version would be stupid.

This is the Spoiler thread I hope people remember that and not come in here starting Monday

I will be posting I love Spoilers :D
(well I like being the first to know)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Oblivion said:
Do it :eek:

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
gamergirly said:
I originally had the GC version of the game preordered. But I realized a long time ago that I wasnt going to be able to wait. Better now then on launch day when you cant find a system :)

I've gotten to accept the waggle sword fighting (which was my main irritation), but the problem was that I'm so damn poor at the moment! :(

MMaRsu

Banned
Man playing this game the day after my birthday will be the best birthday present EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

( birthday 7dec, Wii launch 8dec :D :D :D )

jarosh

can't we have a thread where we post the new NON-SPOILERIFIC info on twilight princess?

i ****ing hate checking this thread for new stuff but it seems like you guys aren't posting it anywhere else. it doesn't make sense though since this is the SPOILER thread and clearly many people are avoiding it because of that.

jarosh said:
can't we have a thread where we post the new NON-SPOILERIFIC info on twilight princess?

i ****ing hate checking this thread for new stuff but it seems like you guys aren't posting it anywhere else. it doesn't make sense though since this is the SPOILER thread and clearly many people are avoiding it because of that.

Everyone is afraid to post anything anywhere else because people will Bitch and it may result in a ban

jarosh said:

The Return of the King thread will work fine, won't it? Or maybe we should just make the official thread already dammit.

jarosh said:

I tried resurrecting the Zelda wank thread to post the Edge quotes, but it didn't stay on the first page long.

I think we should just get the official thread going already. Sticky it along with this one.

Branduil

Zelda Wii control scheme, so people will stop asking:

fusiontour3fd7.jpg

Unison said:

Which means for me at least 19 days (American launch to European lanch) of trying to avoid all the massive spoilers and to not ruin the game at every single gaming related Internet page I visit...

Honestly, I don't think I have a single chance to manage that.

jarosh

Smiles and Cries said:
Everyone is afraid to post anything anywhere else because people will Bitch and it may result in a ban
come on, the edge info contains no spoilers whatsoever.

BrandNew said:
Or maybe we should just make the official thread already dammit.
civilstrife said:
I think we should just get the official thread going already. Sticky it along with this one.
i kinda agree. but then again it would probably get too big too fast. we should have some sort of "NO SPOILERS pre-launch thread" that is clearly labeled as such. that return of the king/wank thread was retarded. how should people know what to expect from that title? and now that we have an official spoiler thread we should also have an official non-spoiler thread and just lock the recent ones.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Come on now, you people know what a spoiler is and you know what isn't a spoiler.

Those edge mag quotes? Not spoilers.

jarosh

sp0rsk said:
Well there was already a thread and they abandoned it.
you mean the wank thread? that one sucked and it was made BEFORE the spoiler thread. so people would post spoiler AND non-spoiler info in that one. now that we have this thread we should make a new non-spoiler one and lock that other one. that's what i'm trying to say.

Juice

Well that Edge quote was the first thing to get me genuinely excited about TP since its initial unveiling.

Goddamn it, now I'm getting a Wii at launch for sure :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jarosh said:
you mean the wank thread? that one sucked and it was made BEFORE the spoiler thread. so people would post spoiler AND non-spoiler info in that one. now that we have this thread we should make a new non-spoiler one and lock that other one. that's what i'm trying to say.

Okay, well go ahead and make the non spoiler impressions thread.

I know this is a spoiler thread, and that this question can make me seen like a total lamer, but:
Are planned some kind of technical differences between the GC version and the wii version?
And I'm talking about graphic.
Can we expect to see more effect or better textures in the Wii vers. than in the Gc version?

Top Bottom