• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

beat

I'd watch these more often if it weren't for that horrible and horribly loud metal intro music.

I mute each ep at the end so I don't hear the outro music, and as a bonus, the player stays muted the next week so I also don't hear the intro. Just unmute around 14-15 seconds in, after the logo flashes for the second time.

Rufus

I've come to love the media keys on my keyboard. It's great to be able to mute everything at the press of a button.

Goldmund

I mute each ep at the end so I don't hear the outro music, and as a bonus, the player stays muted the next week so I also don't hear the intro. Just unmute around 14-15 seconds in, after the logo flashes for the second time.
Oh? That's a good suggestion. Thank you.

Diablo III

A couple of his gripes are pretty misinformed this time.

90% of his gripes on all reviews are misinformed. I remember his MH Tri review, he bashed on aspects of gameplay that completely remedied after 5 hrs of play when certain features opened up and expanded. But Yahtzee rarely plays a game for more than 5 hrs before he feels ready to review it.

90% of his gripes on all reviews are misinformed. I remember his MH Tri review, he bashed on aspects of gameplay that completely remedied after 5 hrs of play when certain features opened up and expanded. But Yahtzee rarely plays a game for more than 5 hrs before he feels ready to review it.

I might be misinterpreting but are you saying if you don't like a game you should play itr for 5 hours in case it gets good?

Mr. Sam

I might be misinterpreting but are you saying if you don't like a game you should play itr for 5 hours in case it gets good?

If you're a professional critic, I don't think it's unreasonable. It's more informative to say "X is broken, but is remedied when they introduce Y later on" than to simply say "X is broken."

Brashnir

No elective mode for him.

One of the text blocks at the end suggests that he learned about it at some point in the process after he recorded that bit.

If you're a professional critic, I don't think it's unreasonable. It's more informative to say "X is broken, but is remedied when they introduce Y later on" than to simply say "X is broken."

Yahtzee is more of a satirist than a critic.

one of his worse reviews. he's clueless about basic stuff that pops up in the tool tips windows.

Agreed. I don't typically care about what he has to say about most PC games anyway because they tend to be the type of games that he doesn't like anyway.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A couple of his gripes are pretty misinformed this time.

one of his worse reviews. he's clueless about basic stuff that pops up in the tool tips windows.

uW1Vs.png

Let me guess, you like Diablo 3?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
And the cycle of "I used to like Yahtzee before he made a video about how he didn't like my latest favorite game" begins anew.

Can the Diablo 3 fans generate more posts than the Nintendo fans. Tune in to find out.

The only thing i dont like about him is that he's always spoiling the ending of games. I've never watched a review of his before I've played the game.

I don't know, if a film is bad enough to make someone walk out, or game has enough frustrating problems that make you really not want to finish it I think that says a lot and is perfectly valid.

I mean obviously don't do it with everything but it has its place.

Rufus

I really hate how he pronounces Diablo. I'm pretty sure he's not doing it ironically, either. It's like fingernails on a blackboard. That being said, this one's pretty anaemic. TL;DW "I don't get dungeon crawlers" OK, then.

90% of his gripes on all reviews are misinformed.
Eh, that's going massively overboard. He does have pretty big blind spots, some acknowledged, some not, but you can't say nine out of ten things he brings up are baseless bullshit.

It's more informative to say "X is broken, but is remedied when they introduce Y later on" than to simply say "X is broken."
You're advocating the "this, but this; this, but this; this, but this; conclusion" style?
Really? That has nothing to do with being informative. Of course, do mention the good, but don't feel obligated to be 'nice' subsequent to every point you criticise.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did you guys watch the same review I did?

It didn't really sound like he hated the game. Sounded more like he liked some parts but that overall it just wasn't really his cup of tea.

TimmiT

There's also option C: "Y is pretty good, but you first need to do X for the first 5 hours of the game which is a pretty damn big hurdle."
Also, opinions.

Ferrio

Banned
Did you guys watch the same review I did?

It didn't really sound like he hated the game. Sounded more like he liked some parts but that overall it just wasn't really his cup of tea.

He did like it. He's was a WoW player afterall.

Also, anyone been watching his "Let's Play" series? It's pretty cool.. though you can tell him and his friend are constantly smoking weed during it.

Alrus

And the cycle of "I used to like Yahtzee before he made a video about how he didn't like my latest favorite game" begins anew.

Can the Diablo 3 fans generate more posts than the Nintendo fans. Tune in to find out.

Can the people who post the same dumb remark every time someone criticize his reviews generate more posts than both? Why yes they can!

Top Bottom