• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are user created, concept PS5 UI videos in the wild

Found it on a facebook group
Why the fuck are we not getting official vids?

NiFw71H.png

Kev Kev

hey guys, let's keep railing on op about how he posted concept and not official

ready? here we go! 😀

hey fuck you op that's not even real! it literally says concept in the image you fucking $&@#%* you POS i hope you $&@&%%^ in a fire you #%!&@, $@%#* you!!

Skifi28

Gold Member
Don’t worry OP. This is all part of Sony genius plan to keep everything secret so they don’t ruin the surprise. The UI is a privilege only console owners allowed to see and experience on launch day.

Why so salty about a UI? I can already tell you: It's going to have icons and you'll use your controller to navigate it. Pretty novel stuff.

Mmnow

It's fake but I actually really like it. Looks like a really nice and clean iteration on the PS4 with plenty of room for those awesome leaked features.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Why so salty about a UI? I can already tell you: It's going to have icons and you'll use your controller to navigate it. Pretty novel stuff.

Not just the UI. PlayStation entire marketing strategy for this console has been abysmal and as a primarily PS player it pisses me off.

Myths

edit: Oh. This was just a concept and a quick one. I see it’s getting reposted all over, pretty cool. Never thought it would have gotten that far for how . :messenger_tears_of_joy:

00CQUD.jpg

00CJO0.jpg

Last edited:

T-Cake

I'm surprised no-one has come up with a concept video based on the screen diagrams that we have in the patent. That would be interesting to see how close to the real thing they can get it.

FunkMiller

I hope it doesn’t look like that. Dreadfully dull.

It’ll have the sparkly effect going on, like what they showed in the June show.

Last edited:

kyoji

Not just the UI. PlayStation entire marketing strategy for this console has been abysmal and as a primarily PS player it pisses me off.
it pisses u off that youve seem the most important aspect of gaming? GAMES? or did you not watch the state of plays? 🤔 or you just dont like the games? u prefer backwards compat? ps4 games not enough? let us know primary ps gamer. we still have all of october not enough time to talk about anything else system feature wise, you know since the most important thing.. the games, was focused on first 👀

jaysius

Banned
edit: Oh. This was just a concept and a quick one. I see it’s getting reposted all over, pretty cool. Never thought it would have gotten that far for how . :messenger_tears_of_joy:

00CQUD.jpg

This would be awful and a few steps back, putting what we actually WANT in a submenu, worse than MS, at least MS has small deemphasized squares with our choices on the main screen, with 3 BIGGER rectangles to show us what they want us to see.

I don't need to see Music "What's New"(as space) PS NOW PS BLOG or Broadcast 99% of the time, I just want GAMES I OWN on a device that's made primarily to play said games.

I just hope they fix the awful slowness the PS4 UI has compared to a Xbox One. I have a PS4 Pro, I've rebuilt the stupid database a few times a year, and still when I press the PS button there's lag, it actually got worse with that stupid backbutton addon, on my Xbox One base pushing the Xbox button INSTANTANEOUSLY gives me my menu.

Last edited:

Aranea

I have a feeling we are not getting "Themes" on the PS5 at launch and those will come down the line, just like how we got them a couple of months later on the PS4. The reason is because so far we have not hear anything from Sony and yesterday Demon's Souls digital edition pre order bonus doesn't mention a pre order theme. Hopefully Sony reveals the PS5 UI soon.

Myths

This would be awful and a few steps back, putting what we actually WANT in a submenu, worse than MS, at least MS has small deemphasized squares with our choices on the main screen, with 3 BIGGER rectangles to show us what they want us to see.

I don't need to see Music "What's New"(as space) PS NOW PS BLOG or Broadcast 99% of the time, I just want GAMES I OWN on a device that's made primarily to play said games.

I just hope they fix the awful slowness the PS4 UI has compared to a Xbox One. I have a PS4 Pro, I've rebuilt the stupid database a few times a year, and still when I press the PS button there's lag, it actually got worse with that stupid backbutton addon, on my Xbox One base pushing the Xbox button INSTANTANEOUSLY gives me my menu.
Unfortunately, that would be a Sony marketing their apps. But common sense says you would be able to customize the default bar at start-up. That’s like... the fundamental aspect of UI/Customization man.

jaysius

Banned
Unfortunately, that would be a Sony marketing their apps. But common sense says you would be able to customize the default bar at start-up. That’s like... the fundamental aspect of UI/Customization man.

Common sense and Sony in the same sentence? Now there's a gem! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom