• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There has been a distinct lack of NPD predictions on the new boards

GhaleonEB

So predict already - May's numbers are due, what, on Monday? The following Monday?

Me:

PS2: 260k
XBox: 250k
GCN: 125k

I have not paid any attention to games the past month (been a little busy at work) - Anihawk, your takes?

AniHawk

PS2: 300k
Xbox: 250k
GC: 145k

I think Xbox is going to drop just a bit, but not too much. The PS2 will rise due to its mid-month pricedrop/bundle. GC sales will rise during May due to the month usually being a larger seller than April. Also, I think GC sales will go up solely based on that they've been up all year so far (over last year's).

What software came out in May? Anyhow, I expect:

Halo: 80k
NG: 30k
SSBM: 40k
MKDD: 40k
PC: 60k
MGSTTS: 8k-11k

Brannon

I predict that various Nintendo handhelds will kick the everliving fistula out of every other handheld out there. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

BeOnEdge

Banned
xbox 270k
ps2 230k
gc 63k

only reason that i think xb can take ps2 is software. even though the ps2 drop is newer, 1, there was no NEW software to back the drop and 2, everyone has one. :) GC so low because it now has to face a pricedropped ps2 and xb.

Gattsu25

Banned
There has been a distinct lack of NPD predictions on the new boards

you mean there used to be on the old board? sad

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Why would the Xbox numbers be so high? Any big release during the month? Or is it just the PS2 numbers being low? I'm too lazy to think. :p

Mrbob

Has MS been constantly shipping the HALO bundle pack? I think that has had a great impact on the Xbox HW numbers.

GhaleonEB

Yikes...it's almost like a consensus is emerging. Despite my numbers, I think the XBox has a real shot at the PS2 in May. Anyone know if NPD comes out tomorrow or next Monday?

BeOnEdge

Banned
its tomorrow or tuesday. i too think the xb will take the ps2 again. if it does, i dont think it'd be so unreasonable to say the xbox has q3 locked sales wise and maaaaaaaaaybe q4 depending on how well ea live and halo 2 do.

yes it seems everyone here sees PS2 beating Xbox...

it will be interesting if Xbox beats PS2, will defy the odds and expectations of most..

I can see it happening, but i dont think its likely... i'd say 50/50 either way.

Mooreberg

BlueLegs said:
PS2 - 300k
XBOX - 280k
GC - 90k

This would be my guess. I don't think there was even a full two weeks left in the month by the time retailers started advertising PS2 as $149, so I'm expecting it to be close between that and Xbox either way.

Gamecube seems like it's exhausted the boost it got from dropping to $99 last year. I just wonder if the difference between Xbox and GC will be enough to change the worldwide #2 position. The numbers at E3 put them as being only about 200K apart globally.

AniHawk

Mooreberg said:
This would be my guess. I don't think there was even a full two weeks left in the month by the time retailers started advertising PS2 as $149, so I'm expecting it to be close between that and Xbox either way.

Gamecube seems like it's exhausted the boost it got from dropping to $99 last year. I just wonder if the difference between Xbox and GC will be enough to change the worldwide #2 position. The numbers at E3 put them as being only about 200K apart globally.

Yeah, but those are shipment numbers. Sell-through numbers are different.

GhaleonEB

BeOnEdge said:
are those YTD numbers correct? they seem kinda low. does anyone have last months numbers?

April:

PS2: 188,669
XBox: 297,351
GCN: 96,050

YTD:

PS2: 1,184,106
XBox: 891,796
GCN: 527,078

*edit*

Yes, the YTD numbers posted above are accurate.

XBox is closer this year to PS2 than I thought. GCN is really lagging.

GhaleonEB

The YTD, by month:

PS2:

January 338,000
February 363,000
March 294,437
April 188,669

XBox:

January 192,000
February 204,000
March 198,445
April 297,351

GCN:

January 131,000
February 137,000
March 163,028
April 96,050

Not as pretty as Gah's graphs, but I thought a full YTD summary was in order before the new data.

Top Bottom