• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is no Xbox 'Series S'

DESTROYA

Yeah, but it does not mean he has no credibility.

Credibility questions his integrity. His honesty.

Do you feel he was motivated to deceive people here?
Credibility means trustworthiness and plausibility = Never questioned his integrity just his Xbox S prediction

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He literally tried to get me to ban bet him over this.

Should have taken the bet and saved us all a headache.
374.png

Jon Neu

Banned
For example; If you had nothing but an XsX GPU standard, you could focus on a 1440p/60 game with blazing effects, reconstructed to 4k. With a 1080p machine the above becomes a difficult proposition. A dev, where time is key, will simply err on creating a 1080p/60 game for XsS and then simply slapping it onto the XsX leaving it to brute force it to 4k/60 or 1080p/120 as an example. No longer exploring pixel quality achievable by clever use of the 12tf. Doesn’t this sound like a likely -or- at least a possible scenario under the circumstances?

Devs still can focus on a 1440p/60 fps game if they want to, there's nothing stoping anybody from doing that. Specially with how good upscaling has become and it's going to be.

The XsS will run that same game at less resolution (900p or 720p upscaled to 1080p). The console is designed to be scalable, the ports are going to be fast and cheap.

Again; the XsS it's a better console at 1080p than the PS5 or the XsX at 4K. And the same can be said in the scenario you are bringing: the XsS it's a better console at 720p than the PS5 or the XsX at 1440p. So it wouldn't be the XsS holding back the game, but actually it would be the XsX and the PS5 holding back the XsS perfomance.

MS has put enough power into the XsS to ensure it has plenty of room to run the same games at less resolution.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
There is a new philosophy focused around deploying gpu power for pixel quality, not just resolution. This is the problem, that approach no longer becomes a focus with a 1080p machine vs a 4k machine.

For example; If you had nothing but an XsX GPU standard, you could focus on a 1440p/60 game with blazing effects, reconstructed to 4k. With a 1080p machine the above becomes a difficult proposition. A dev, where time is key, will simply err on creating a 1080p/60 game for XsS and then simply slapping it onto the XsX leaving it to brute force it to 4k/60 or 1080p/120 as an example. No longer exploring pixel quality achievable by clever use of the 12tf. Doesn’t this sound like a likely -or- at least a possible scenario under the circumstances?
Developers can still do that. 1440p on the X would be something like 900p on the S which is perfectly fine with good reconstruction. It's not like developers were shy about leaving the XB1 version of games in the gutter this gen with 900p or even 720p resolutions.

Myths

Obviously the guys calling for a ban are just being goofy and in no way are serious. At least, I doubt they are.

They are, of course, going back to the days long before some of you guy’s time when membership bans on incorrect predictions and rumors were a regular bet. Consider yourself lucky, lucky since the membership process and approval rate is far higher than it’s ever been.

ethomaz

Banned
That thread is just show how delusional somebody can be.

1st he denied Series S (even with all evidences even in own MS products manuals)
2nd he denied any possibility of a new name for "Series X" because it doesn't exists.
3rd he fought everybody plugging the ears to anything that doesn't fit his narrative.
4th he shameless says he only make a bad prediction lol

Crazy :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Boglin

There is a lot nuance to that definition, but "trustworthiness" calls in question integrity as it means "the ability to be relied on as honest or truthful".

I'd wager most people would lean harder on the 'truthful' portion of that definition. Which means the actual truth, not his truth.

A flat-earther could tell me that they believe they are 100% correct so they're not trying to deceive me but I still wouldn't call their opinion trustworthy.

Last edited:

MHubert

That's not how things work, this was a horribly backfired prediction.

This has nothing to do with my credibility.
You bet all your credibility when you made this thread. Heck, you even dismissed most of people's arguments by saying that entertaining the notion of a Series S was irrelevant, since it simply couldn't be real. I know you didn't actually lie, but if not your credibility, then what other kind of 'meta currency' did you bet your good name on?

FYI, it is silly to suggest banning you. You are a part of gaf, and you help keep the forum alive, for better or worse. Credibility is earned, and you will have plenty of oppurtunities to earn just that going forward. Eat it up.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Devs still can focus on a 1440p/60 fps game if they want to, there's nothing stoping anybody from doing that. Specially with how good upscaling has become and it's going to be.

The XsS will run that same game at less resolution (900p or 720p upscaled to 1080p). The console is designed to be scalable, the ports are going to be fast and cheap.

Again; the XsS it's a better console at 1080p than the PS5 or the XsX at 4K. And the same can be said in the scenario you are bringing: the XsS it's a better console at 720p than the PS5 or the XsX at 1440p. So it wouldn't be the XsS holding back the game, but actually it would be the XsX and the PS5 holding back the XsS perfomance.

MS has put enough power into the XsS to ensure it has plenty of room to run the same games at less resolution.
Developers can still do that. 1440p on the X would be something like 900p on the S which is perfectly fine with good reconstruction. It's not like developers were shy about leaving the XB1 version of games in the gutter this gen with 900p or even 720p resolutions.
Can? - yes, anything is possible
Will? - install base, budget & time will dictate effort put forth taking advantage between the 2 power sku’s

Last edited:
I already did, I was not correct. Anything else?

Stop trying to start some pointless argument, you absolute nobody.

So you accept it exists? What a surprise.

And people questioning his credibility etc... He is not claiming to be a insider or industry professional etc etc. So question of his credibility does not arise.

Redlight

The guy had a theory, presented it, argued it passionately until it was proven wrong, then admitted his error.

Far better behaviour than a lot of people on here.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
DynamiteCop is full of shit? Who could have predicted that? Certainly not DyanmiteCop.

I’ve noticed he loves to start dumb arguments like this thread and becomes belligerent. To be quite fair, there are a few who love to instigate as well. DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! is clearly just a little kid, and those calling to ban him need to remind themselves how they were when they were kids.

Top Bottom