• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"They Follow", sequel to "It Follows" announced.

Doom85

Yeah it did fuck the film up a bit. lol.

Disagree, I thought it was clever given their limited resources. And then the thing doesn’t even fall for it.

Plus, and this is a detail many will miss, it’s likely symbolic of her relationship with her father. We never get explicit details, but it’s very clear the main girl’s father is no longer living with them. Then, when it appears at the pool in the climax, it has the form of her father (we see her full family in photos in their home). It proceeds to begin hurling objects at her. I’m pretty sure this is meant to symbolize that her father had abused her. The guy who slept with her at the start even tells her later that he thinks it take forms of people the targets know just to mess with them.

When it’s seen on her roof as they’re driving away, it’s in the form of her grandfather.

I’d like a sequel, but it does destroy the ambiguity of the ending. That’s why the climax shouldn’t have been an issue, we don’t even know if what they did worked or not. And that’s what adds to the paranoia, we don’t know if the leads are safe, and even if they’re not it may not be obvious at first if they sleep with other people. They will be unable to feel safe for the entire rest of their lives.….

Top Bottom