• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief (PS4 and PS3) is $30 on US PSN

richprice79

Neo Member
You're exactly right, that's the way it works. i've done it multiple times from work... easy peasy. Buy via SEN, under your account drop down select 'download list' and then click the button for the title that says 'download to your ps4'. if you're ps4 is setup for it it'll wake and download.

That is exactly what I was looking for and super helpfull cheers.

This is a steal at this price. I'm still really enjoying this game having gotten it at release. Its not without its flaws. If you don't play it stealthily its probably terrible. But as a pure stealth game, I love it. For $30, a next gen game thats relatively new, thats great.

If this keeps happening though, it'll be tough to argue why people should preorder a game at full price when it goes on sale for 1/2 price less than a month from release. Preordering a game already isn't really worth it (almost no benefit because the preorder exclusives are usually garbage and there is always risk that the game will not be what you expect). Now add quick price drops like this, and preorders could be in trouble in the future.

Sanke__

What all do you have on there?

Bf4 + dlc
Cod + dlc
Tomb raider
Thief
Infamous
Knack
Injustice
Need for speed
Warframe
Ac4 + dlc
Outlast
Dont starve
Resogun
Contrast
Dead nation
Trine 2
Flower

Couple of the games are just installs, not digital copies

I know im forgetting stuff but im at work

System is i think 430gb to start with
Bf4 and dlc alone is like 60-80gb i think

Might be at more than 50gb since i already have an install of thief on my hard drive so a digital copy shouldnt take much more space

Tizoc

Darn it. Why didn't I wait?

To be fair, no one would expect a game to go on sale within the first 2 month of its release like this.
I mean hell I would've expected the PS3/PS4 ver. at least to go onsale come Summer time at the earliest.

UberTag

To be fair, no one would expect a game to go on sale within the first 2 month of its release like this.
I mean hell I would've expected the PS3/PS4 ver. at least to go onsale come Summer time at the earliest.
It's not entirely surprising.
Square Enix does this sort of thing quite often.

Fezan

People are surprised by this. The same thing happened to tombraider and g
Hitman. Both hit half price after a month

funkypie

Banned
is it even worth buying SE games on launch since they drop the price so fast? I think Final fantasy games are the only ones they don't drop fast.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, I had $10 in my wallet still. I used it to buy Fez. I could have definitely gone for this game at $20 of cost.

man, if i hadn't just drop money on metal gear, infamous and probably about to get fez then i would have probably gotten one.

but hey, they get cheaper and i stay the same agealrighalrighalfirhfmasdlkfh.

Yoday

This was the right price to get me to triple dip on Tomb Raider. I now have it on PS4, PS3, and PC. Though it took buying it three times to have finally paid full price for this game that is among my favorite of the last generation.

Ricker

Probably been asked but will the save from the retail copy of the game work with the digital copy...?I was up to the start of chapter 4 on PS4...

Top Bottom