• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the most impressive heist I have ever read about

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads

This has to be the most impressive heist ever​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp_diamond_heist
maybe it has been surpassed in total value by some other heists, but the insane level of detail and methods that these Italian thieves implemented is insane. Just reading the wiki article of the step by step process has me bewildered
I really don't think their is another heist that rivals this in complexity. At least one I can think of

Last edited:

Ownage

Smart people doing smart things. Might not be ethical or legal, but they did the job right.

If only those skills and that level of detail could be applied for the benefit of many.

Kenpachii

This has to be the most impressive heist ever​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp_diamond_heist
maybe it has been surpassed in total value by some other heists, but the insane level of detail and methods that these Italian thieves implemented is insane. Just reading the wiki article of the step by step process has me bewildered
I really don't think their is another heist that rivals this in complexity. At least one I can think of

Amazing, like how can u fuck it up at the end so bad.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Is this the one while escaping they threw trash out of the car and that was what aided in their capture.
Take a year and a half to plan - spend hours just moving from one place to another. Guy throws damning evidence in a bush instead of burning it - eh, it would take far too long to pick it all up.

I didn't know about this. That was a fun read. Gotta love those nicknames of the crew: The King of Keys, The Monster, and Speedy.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Take a year and a half to plan - spend hours just moving from one place to another. Guy throws damning evidence in a bush instead of burning it - eh, it would take far too long to pick it all up.
2 years of prep... throws evidence into a bush that includes a receipt for a salami sandwich you just purchased from nearby store :messenger_confused:

confident nobody would find it, somebody found it the next day :messenger_confounded:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
2 years of prep... throws evidence into a bush that includes a receipt for a salami sandwich you just purchased from nearby store :messenger_confused:

confident nobody would find it, somebody found it the next day :messenger_confounded:
Also includes papers marked with the place you just robbed.

Trunx81

Really reads like something out of a movie. Or an Uncharted game.

kevin kline GIF by FilmStruck

This was the most perfect heist, though.

"Though arrests were made and time was served, most of the diamonds stolen remain unrecovered."

I'd bet the crew know where they are.

Top Bottom