• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the nastiest car interior I have ever seen

highrider

Banned
Looks like it’s been in a flood. Better check that car very closely. Wholesalers buy these from insurance companies after floods because they often are electronically totaled. You don’t really get vents dirty like that any other way. I’m a painter in a body shop and we have a huge detail facility, they’re common.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
How does that even happen? What was he doing with the car?

It’s definitely been flooded. You only see dirt like that in the dash and vents on flood cars, or a convertible that sat with the top down for a few years. It was probably already filthy, now it’s hammered. When we get them we pull carpet and seats. You have to replace the padding under the carpet or it will have mold and pretty much the worst smell ever. Most of these cars are parted out but if they get them running they try to flip them cheap.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope you bought it for parts, or the dealer didn't disclose the flood damage. It is likely not legal to drive without repairs and an inspection.

highrider

Banned
Depending what you paid it’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s well beyond what a regular detail shop will do. The cleaning required for something like that requires pretty significant disassembly of the interior. If you have a comfort level working on cars and maybe know a good Honda tech with portable diagnostics it can still be made a good car, but if you have no clue about cars and are just planning on having the work done at local shops it might end up being something you’re better off getting rid of. I don’t say this to be mean, but paying money for this vehicle suggests to me you aren’t super car bro.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
It was a rural mail carrier vehicle, I didn't buy it from a dealer and it is a gamble I know but I'm rolling the dice. It isn't my only vehicle, I drove it a bit today and so far so good. I spent a good two hours cleaning on it and still have more to go

Dural

It was a rural mail carrier vehicle, I didn't buy it from a dealer and it is a gamble I know but I'm rolling the dice. It isn't my only vehicle, I drove it a bit today and so far so good. I spent a good two hours cleaning on it and still have more to go

Flood car was my first thought too, but this make sense. Driving in rural areas with windows down all the time and being a work vehicle didn't care to keep it clean.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Might wanna check for cockroach eggs. Don’t want to bring those fuckers in your house

s34ab

Banned
kz3Ytg7.gif

highrider

Banned

Dude, it’s a flood car. You have to get it checked electronically and have a full diagnostic. I’m not saying it wasn’t a rural mail carrying vehicle, but it’s a car that has been submerged in a flood. Really wouldn’t recommend driving it.

highrider

Banned
Flood car was my first thought too, but this make sense. Driving in rural areas with windows down all the time and being a work vehicle didn't care to keep it clean.

If by rural we mean underwater. Even if you never clean a car, look at the vents. That only happens when a car is submerged and drained of muddy water. I guarantee you pull up the carpet the padding underneath is soaked.

Reactions: Gp1

Pagusas

Elden Member
I thought all mail vehicles (even out of fleet ones) had to have the steering wheel on the right?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I thought all mail vehicles (even out of fleet ones) had to have the steering wheel on the right?
They have an adaptor for some vehicles that links the pedals and steering wheel to a new set that get attached on the right hand side.

OP, it is illegal to sell a flood damaged vehicle without declaring it as such, you may want to get the car checked out, if it was flood damaged you could always get your money back if they didn't declare it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Any car newer than 2006 has shitloads of electronics in them and cost more to repair than the vehicle is even worth. Even worse is that even a top electrician can't fix a modern car 100% of the time in said condition.

Gp1

Might wanna check for cockroach eggs. Don’t want to bring those fuckers in your house

My advice too. And disassemble/clean the entire AC system just to make sure.
Is this mud or just dust? Even if this is a rural carrying vehicle, this is on next level. (and... if this is really a rural vehicle you probably have a lot of scratches outside.)
But if the mechanical parts are passable it might be a good deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom