• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what happens when the Liberals win: Transsexual golfers get to play w/ women

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevm3

Women want equal rights and want to play in the men's tourneys, so it's only right that "men" get to play in theirs.

Triumph

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Raoul, do you have tranny issues that you're not telling us about?

Just how much do you remember after the 13th beer?
No, I just find this bizarre. And I remember PLENTY after the 13th beer, it's the 20th that usually does me in.

Triumph

Banned
kumanoki said:
WTF does trannies playing golf have to do with liberals?

Listen to yourself, man....
I'm just saying, maybe Freedom should march over into England and let them know that shit isn't cool.

kumanoki said:
WTF does trannies playing golf have to do with liberals?

Listen to yourself, man....

Because if the liberals didn't interfere we'd be able to do the Christian thing and round up these heathen freaks and burn them in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

WedgeX

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
Because if the liberals didn't interfere we'd be able to do the Christian thing and round up these heathen freaks and burn them in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

No no, if the liberals didn't interfer, the transsexuals could play in secret as men, and the women would be cookin' up fixin's for the men back up at the club.

Kobun Heat said:
Necessary if they want to win every now and again.
They can always play in an easier, yet non-sexist, league. Determining who goes into what league just because of what sex chromosome their dad's sperm was carrying is discriminatory.

Hammy said:
They can always play in an easier, yet non-sexist, league. Determining who goes into what league just because of what sex chromosome their dad's sperm was carrying is discriminatory.
You're damn straight it is, and thank goodness for discrimination. I discriminate every day, and you kids should too! If women want a unisex league, then they can join one. But if they want the competition to be totally even, they have to kick out any male golfers who can drive further than them. And that's discrimination! Yay for discrimination.

Kobun Heat said:
You're damn straight it is, and thank goodness for discrimination. I discriminate every day, and you kids should too! If women want a unisex league, then they can join one. But if they want the competition to be totally even, they have to kick out any male golfers who can drive further than them. And that's discrimination! Yay for discrimination.
Sorry if my point wasn't written clearly enough. I would rather discriminate on skill rather than sex.

Hammy said:
Sorry if my point wasn't written clearly enough. I would rather discriminate on skill rather than sex.
Okay. But let's be honest here -- that's basically what they're doing. The fact that there's an LPGA is more beneficial to women than men. If the Masters were 50-50 men and women and they all started from the same tee, I don't think the scoreboard would do much for your theory.

Kobun Heat said:
Okay. But let's be honest here -- that's basically what they're doing.
That they are discriminating by sex?
The fact that there's an LPGA is more beneficial to women than men. If the Masters were 50-50 men and women and they all started from the same tee, I don't think the scoreboard would do much for your theory.

what "theory"?

Kobun Heat said:
That they're discriminating by skill, effectively.
Yes that's what competitions do. However, leagues separate males and females.

That golfers, and society as a whole, would be better off if all leagues were unisex.

Why would the scoreboard hurt my "theory"?

btw, that's an inappropriate use of the word "theory".

Zilch

Banned
Women just aren't comparable to men in physical competition, generally. What about that is hard to understand?

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
They wont let me into the women’s salon, I want to pay 75$ for my hair to get cut but they will not let me dam it. I have had to dress up like a women many times just to make my hair pretty!

It’s discrimination!

Do The Mario said:
They wont let me into the women’s salon, I want to pay 75$ for my hair to get cut but they will not let me dam it. I have had to dress up like a women many times just to make my hair pretty!

It’s discrimination!
Give them a large tip. That $50 dollar or so tip is a pretty good incentive to do a good job.

Hammy said:
Why would the scoreboard hurt my "theory"?

btw, that's an inappropriate use of the word "theory".
Because unless Tiger Woods really screws up (which going by some of his performances is certainly possible), all the women will be clustered at the bottom.

btw, no it's not.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
There is a separate league for women because that is what they would want though some may have to go a round about way to realize it.

Say women would want to be let in to the male league. So they are. Well then men will cry discrimination and want to also be let into the female league. So they are. Men start winning both leagues. women that don't like men dominating the sport will spin off and create a female only league. Men will cry foul and wana be let in, so the women will say fine, we'll stop joining your league if you get the hell out of ours. And so we are back where we started. Might as well save the time and never try it to begin with.

Kobun Heat said:
Because unless Tiger Woods really screws up (which going by some of his performances is certainly possible), all the women will be clustered at the bottom.

btw, no it's not.

Then the women would lose the competition. What's wrong with that? They can play with men in leagues with lower skill levels.

For the word theory: I never claimed that this is supported by strong scientific evidence. If anything, it's below a hypothesis.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Hammy said:
Give them a large tip. That $50 dollar or so tip is a pretty good incentive to do a good job.

No body tip’s in Australia, we just pay more for shit and have higher wages.

*sniff

My hair will never be pretty

Do The Mario said:
No body tip’s in Australia, we just pay more for shit and have higher wages.

*sniff

My hair will never be pretty

Then change the culture. Or find a place that will accept your money. Don't just give up and roll over.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Hammy said:
Then change the culture. Or find a place that will accept your money. Don't just give up and roll over.

Nah Screw in $20 student cut all the way, I don’t know why they call it a student cut when it’s $.50 cheaper.

Now that we have derailed the thread! :lol

Dilbert

Hammy said:
You can't escape the fact that in most sports -- golf included -- part of the "skill" has to do with physical strength and endurance. Further, the physical differences between men and women is a FACT -- you can't separate skill and sex cleanly, as you'd like to do:

PNAS said:
Body mass dimorphism varies dramatically among primate species, both present and past. For most anthropoids, males are bigger than females (4–8). Humans today display relatively limited sexual dimorphism ({approx}15%), whereas some of the other hominoids (gorillas and orangutans) are highly dimorphic (>50%) (5, 9).
(Source.)

So, there you have it -- even though it's smaller than in some species, sexual dimorphism is a reality in humans. Further, the 15% is likely to be an average value -- I wouldn't be surprised if, in elite athletes, the discrepancy in capability is larger.

Discrimination when there are real, SIGNIFICANT differences is not a bad thing -- it's a practical reality.

-jinx- said:
You can't escape the fact that in most sports -- golf included -- part of the "skill" has to do with physical strength and endurance. Further, the physical differences between men and women is a FACT -- you can't separate skill and sex cleanly, as you'd like to do:

(Source.)

So, there you have it -- even though it's smaller than in some species, sexual dimorphism is a reality in humans. Further, the 15% is likely to be an average value -- I wouldn't be surprised if, in elite athletes, the discrepancy in capability is larger.

Discrimination when there are real, SIGNIFICANT differences is not a bad thing -- it's a practical reality.

OK, I really ought to be more specific. I meant skill and strength and whatever else. In other words, they should be separated by whatever they have (besides their gender). I just finished an essay on gender differences that made me sound like some kind of man-pig. Perhaps this is my way of saying sorry.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
On This topic there is a transsexual that plays Stare league 3 hockey against some of my Girl friends. S/he is absolutely hopeless but it’s more the precedent it sets, I could dress up as a woman and go play first grade women’s sport. This shouldn’t be allowed in any sport with the exception of lawn bowls.

Zaptruder

Banned
I've never quite understood the differences between mens and womens golf...

Is it that the women just get er... crappier scores in general, even with the distance advantage afforded by the ladies line, or is it just that small distance advantage that makes it easier for them to post scores on par with men?

Because while I don't know much about golf... it seems to me that the small distance advantage is compensated for by club choice... most people switch to a medium distance club on the second or third swing... why don't women just stick with a longer range club?

I guess it's because the longer range clubs have less accuracy...

Shinobi

When all things are even (same hole, same conditions, same tee, same club), men simply hit the ball longer then women. Don't know what the average outdistance would be, but I'd suspect 50 to 60 yards. There's simply no way to make that up.

Zilch said:
Women just aren't comparable to men in physical competition, generally. What about that is hard to understand?

Obviously it's very hard for some people to understand, based on this dumb fuck decision.

Triumph

Banned
Ok, this thread has gotten derailed. Too much battle of the sexes, not enough conversation about transexuals. Get it back on track!

Zilch

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Ok, this thread has gotten derailed. Too much battle of the sexes, not enough conversation about transexuals. Get it back on track!

If I find a woman who was formerly a man to be attractive, does that mean I'm gay? :D

Triumph

Banned
Zilch said:
If I find a woman who was formerly a man to be attractive, does that mean I'm gay? :D
How dare you ask me that question at this hour. I'm way too inebriated to figure that out.

Uh... yes?

Raoul Duke said:
How dare you ask me that question at this hour. I'm way too inebriated to figure that out.

Uh... yes?

depends on how much "willie" is left after surgery.
25% or less: you;re good to go bang her
37.5-50 % : you're close to the line
62.5-75% : you're not the flaming variety
75-100: i hope you're the man in the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom