• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what I am expecting out of Next Gen Visuals

Disclaimer - No, this is NOT a game in development. It's simply a 3D Artist reel running inside UE4.

The artist was responsible for ONLY the environment. Ignore the character, the character was purchased of a 3D Market Shop for testing/demo real purposes.

Allrite on to the video - as far as environments go and foliage out of a 3rd Peron View Action/RPG game. Detail may vary based on complexity and detail of the environments obviously and whether it's open world or not, but with help of the SSDs I do jot think this should be much of an issue.

I expect the consoles will be running this kind of visual fidelity or even better as time goes on and the devs have more experienced with the hardware. Enjoy, let your thoughts and opinions flow.

This is the CLOSEST thing I've seen that resembles anything potentially to Fable as far as the artstyle and look goes.

If the Fable Reboot or Fable 4 or whatever it is from Playground Games I would not be surprised if the game looked any remotely close to this 3d demo art reel or better as far as environments go. That's going with the assumption that Playground is also using UE4 but maybe they're making their own custom engine. Anyways, sound off below fellas.

It was? Well that sucks

Yes. Source - http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ame_engine_for_the_elder_scrolls_vi_starfield

"Fallout 76 uses a new renderer, a new lighting system and a new system for the landscape generation. For Starfield even more of it changes. And for The Elder Scrolls 6, out there on the horizon even more," Howard tells Forbes, confirming that future games will indeed utilise the Creation Engine.

"We like our editor. It allows us to create worlds really fast and the modders know it really well. There are some elementary ways we create our games and that will continue because that lets us be efficient and we think it works best," Howard explains.

Seeing that really makes me want a next gen Elder scrolls
They will only have to release like 2 or 3 more remakes of current title, then finally release the next iteration of the series. And hopefully won't require mods to "fix" the game.... I'm hopeful though.

Lukin1978

Yes. Source - http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...ame_engine_for_the_elder_scrolls_vi_starfield

"Fallout 76 uses a new renderer, a new lighting system and a new system for the landscape generation. For Starfield even more of it changes. And for The Elder Scrolls 6, out there on the horizon even more," Howard tells Forbes, confirming that future games will indeed utilise the Creation Engine.

"We like our editor. It allows us to create worlds really fast and the modders know it really well. There are some elementary ways we create our games and that will continue because that lets us be efficient and we think it works best," Howard explains.
So by ps9 they might upgrade to a new engine? Or is that too optimistic.

Last edited:
That looks really good. Additionally next-gen games should also showcase more player interaction and improved physics with the environment. Don't just make game worlds bigger and more photoreal.
Yup, that has been a HUGE disappointment this gen (except for a few notable exceptions, wayy too many pots were indestructible and glued to the tables).

Truly interactive water and smoke would be great too!.. I think it's about time now.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

UIofwju.gif

We'll see better than that OP.

Yeah, I agree with you. I would NOT be surprised if we see games better looking than that, but for start if I saw this anytime soon or played something like the video above within a year's time i'd be content with the start of the new gen personally.

Friendly tip - don't get your hopes too high.

If you are really basing your expectations what next gen is TRULy capable of a game that's being developed by a SINGLE person and taking it to heart that that's the limit then I really don't know what to tell you... lol

Friendly Tip - Please don't be delusion and actually believe that this is the limit of new gen hardware by using a game that's being created by 1 person with a lot less development experience and barely any money. Also, people will NOT take your opinions seriously if this is how you look at things.

Last edited:
Someone's bar is set rather damn low :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well, what comes to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X graphics, there certainly will not be any disappointments for you.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
"Next-gen" visuals for me would be something like DOOM Eternal @ 4K DLSS 2.0(1440p base)/60fps+, Ultra Nightmare Settings, HDR, highest/expensive RT Shadows+GI+Reflections, full dismemberment, crazy particle effects, etc.

I'm sure we'll see some intense gfx at 30fps, especially later in the gen, but I'm not interested in playing at that frame rate unless it's on a handheld like the Switch. Doesn't look good or feel right. To each their own, of course.

Myths

We just had this thread but I’ll drop it again:

And this is with 4X AA for no reason. Turn it off, FPS is skyrocketing.

Never said you were in my sentence.

Yeah but telling people to get a PC in a thread like this just makes no sense dude and is trying to start a flame war. Fuck off with that shit. It's annoying as fuck. You either enjoy Gaming regardless of the platform because your a real gamer or your just here to sit and start shit because you have nothing better to do .Once again, fuck off and go outside please and continue to socialize outside, I hear it's a good time to do that right now. :)

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Realistic expectation I'd say OP looking a the trailer properly.
Personally I think the generation will look better, they have the power and tools now.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Yeah but telling people to get a PC in a thread like this just makes no sense dude and is trying to start a flame war. Fuck off with that shit. It's annoying as fuck. You either enjoy Gaming regardless of the platform because your a real gamer or your just here to sit and start shit because you have nothing better to do .Once again, fuck off and go outside please and continue to socialize outside, I hear it's a good time to do that right now. :)

Sorry didn't mean it to come off that way just a joke sorry. I own multiple systems myself don't fanboy over any

Trogdor1123

I wouldn't need much more than this generation, the fast load times on the new systems is what I really can't wait for.

Sagii86

Disclaimer - No, this is NOT a game in development. It's simply a 3D Artist reel running inside UE4.

The artist was responsible for ONLY the environment. Ignore the character, the character was purchased of a 3D Market Shop for testing/demo real purposes.

Allrite on to the video - as far as environments go and foliage out of a 3rd Peron View Action/RPG game. Detail may vary based on complexity and detail of the environments obviously and whether it's open world or not, but with help of the SSDs I do jot think this should be much of an issue.

I expect the consoles will be running this kind of visual fidelity or even better as time goes on and the devs have more experienced with the hardware. Enjoy, let your thoughts and opinions flow.

This is the CLOSEST thing I've seen that resembles anything potentially to Fable as far as the artstyle and look goes.

If the Fable Reboot or Fable 4 or whatever it is from Playground Games I would not be surprised if the game looked any remotely close to this 3d demo art reel or better as far as environments go. That's going with the assumption that Playground is also using UE4 but maybe they're making their own custom engine. Anyways, sound off below fellas.

As nice as it looks, that's current gen standard's.
This was two years ago on PC.

This was two years ago on PC.

Quixel megascans are going to be game changers for alot of developers coming next gen using UE4.
They might have used the same technique in hellblade 2.

TPCdNtK.jpg

OP video looks like a budget Uncharted 4 with better res, meh.
Honestly, current gen TLoU 2 it's looking way better by the trailers.

I got that same feeling, but I'm only watching on a phone screen.

Next gen launch games and even upscaled cross gen titles should easily surpass those graphics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom