• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is why i don't buy things from gamestop.com (email + response within)

Einbroch

Banned
That's cute. His momma and pop pop came to check up on him. Looks like some of the extended family is here too!

He's okay. Let him play with the neighborhood kids.

stop it NFL-age! you're embarrassing me in front of my new console-age buddies :(

and who at gaf do i have to petition to get the term "kyle williams" banned

DMczaf

stop it NFL-age! you're embarrassing me in front of my new console-age buddies :(

GoV3I.png

zeelman

They only hold preorders for 48 hours, that's their rule. Lots of stores have very limited hours for how long they put a product on hold for.

You should've just let be mailed to your house and had a friend get it for you.

krae_man

sWCrG.gif

I feel your pain with responses like that. I lose it if I ever get a cut and paste response that's on topic but doesn't answer my question. I get to supervisors and let them have it. I don't care if it takes a week and a dozen emails. I'm going to be the biggest pain in the ass I can be to them until they stop pulling that shit on me.

I feel you guy. I remember I had to fight to get Gamestop to give me my Mirror's Edge bag pre-order, and my Valkyria Chronicles artbook. I got the "Oh we don't have enough to cover all the pre-orders" bullshit. I presented my receipt and yelled at the clerk (this guy was the douche manager, I understand the woes of retail so I would never be mean to an underling just trying to get through the day).

I pre-ordered those games FOR. THOSE. ITEMS.

You better give them to me, asshole!

It's rough dealing with Gamestop. I agree, I hate shopping there but sometimes they have exclusive shit I want. Thankfully I haven't cared about anything like that in a long time ( I really wanted that bag)

joedick

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Game comes out on Thursday in Canada (stores closed on Fri). I'm super sick, but I have to come in Thursday if I want the art book, and lose the reserve in two days. What's the point?

Anyways, my advice to the OP is to stop using the word bro's.

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Game comes out on Thursday in Canada (stores closed on Fri). I'm super sick, but I have to come in Thursday if I want the art book, and lose the reserve in two days. What's the point?

He's used to addressing his intimately insular community.

I dont see why FMT cant just go into the store and have them look up his preorder or call them up and tell the people to hold it.

I've done that before.

would brah or bruh be acceptable??

fernoca

You could also try sending someone on your behalf. Usually the email is enough. In some cases they might ask for a license, but if you notify them and/or send a person with a signed letter they'll have no problem. But yeah, store-pick up or in-store preorders they only hold them for 48 hours; it has been like that for years.

But more than support sucking, in this case is just a particular rep not reading an email or failing at reading comprehension.

I've had my good share of similar experiences with Amazon Best Buy, Gamestop, Nintendo, Sony...and many more; but were just small/select cases and still buy from them (well, except from Amazon, but that's because Amazon sucks when it comes to Puerto Rico).

bionic77

Jackass, he is Canadian. The preferred term of familiarity is "hoser"
It's awesome when you teach us about culture and science. Two of many many many things that haven't reached Wisconsin yet.

So hard to restrain myself in this thread.

:(

This may seem a bit drastic but look up how to contact their corporate office and complain. They will put you in contact with a regional manager and they aim to please.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've been buying from them for over 7 years - never had an issue.

Just because you haven't had an issue doesn't mean there isn't a better alternative.

M-PG71C

I just realized I can't pick up my copy until Sunday morning. I work night shift the next few nights and I just won't have the time to pick it up day of.

I wonder if I should call the store. I pre-ordered in store so that should work. I just don't want a gutted copy. The art book is cool but I can live without it.

blackwatchplad

Neo Member
I've been in a similar situation. I gave somebody my receipt and a ID of mine, and my edge card.. and just gave them a quick call before hand.
My friend had to practically go through a ritual before he could pick up his copy, and my copy too.. but he said it wasn't too bad.

My complaint is a bit off topic, but after having a number of consoles (everything console from nes to ps2) and about 100 or so games, stole from me while i was away one summer by a family member. They took it all to one store and traded it all in at once.
I found the store about a week and a half later, and told them what happened, they were stolen property and everything. Two people there remembered everything, but the older guy of the two just refused to tell me anything, or cooperate with me. The other person was a girl about my age at the time. There were a few games just sitting behind the counter that had my name written on them. (I wrote my name on a sticker on the back of a few snes games as a kid, so they wouldn't get mixed up with my friends)
She just gave me the 3 games while nobody was looking and told me to take them.
It just rubbed me the wrong way that they would refuse to at least hear me out, even with proof like an ID and my name written on some of the games.

Oh, and they got for trading in a nes, snes, n64, genesis, dreamcast, psx, ps2, and about 100 games(total) for each of the different systems.... roughly $70.

cametall

Wait wait wait wait wait wait... You can pre order online and pick up in store? The website wouldn't let me do that even with a "home store" selected! God DAMMIT!

winstano

I ordered the AC3 Freedom edition through Gamestop UK's website when it went live, as it was (initially) an exclusive. Had to register with them to do it, as I'd never ordered from them before.

£90 got taken from my account INSTANTLY. Nowhere in the T's&C's on the checkout page does it say "We'll take your money 8 months before the game's release" (The only place it does say that on the site is hidden away). Then 2 hours later, the same edition shows up on Ubisoft's store £10 cheaper, and with no charge until despatch. Sent an email asking to cancel my order and refund my money, and got a really condescending email back from customer services. To their credit, the refund was applied pretty quickly, but the implied attitude from the CS rep turned me off from using them ever again.

Additionally, the Freedom ed of AC3 is now the same price as it is at Ubisoft's store, but I doubt anyone's got a refund for that extra £10!

SOME-MIST

I feel you guy. I remember I had to fight to get Gamestop to give me my Mirror's Edge bag pre-order, and my Valkyria Chronicles artbook. I got the "Oh we don't have enough to cover all the pre-orders" bullshit. I presented my receipt and yelled at the clerk (this guy was the douche manager, I understand the woes of retail so I would never be mean to an underling just trying to get through the day).

I pre-ordered those games FOR. THOSE. ITEMS.

You better give them to me, asshole!

It's rough dealing with Gamestop. I agree, I hate shopping there but sometimes they have exclusive shit I want. Thankfully I haven't cared about anything like that in a long time ( I really wanted that bag)
This has happened to me before a couple of times.

The one that pissed me off the most was the Demon's Souls collector's edition art book. It was announced after all the preorders, but it was to be included with the purchase. When I picked up my copy I asked about the art book and the guy said it was included in the box, which I knew it wasn't and told him so. He said that there's nothing extra outside of the box.

I went to my car and opened it up and of course was missing the artbook. I walked back in there with the opened box and asked for my art book... he fumbled around in the drawer under the register for about 10 seconds and then said, "oh, here they are!" and handed me one. Whether he genuinely didn't know about it or was trying to screw me out of it is unknown, but I wonder how many people missed out on their preorder bonus that day.

Top Bottom