• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week japanese magazine news of Gyakuten Not-Saiba

Error said:
Perfect Prosecutor (DS/Capcom/??)
* A law adventure game where you act as the prosecutor.
* Main characters are Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe
* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.
* New search and deduction systems are introduced.

Twilight Syndrome: Legend of the Forbidden City (DS/スパイク/7-24)
* New work within the series
* Main character, schoolgirl Mizuki, is led on a chain of horror after receiving a strange chain mail.
* Mizuki: UENO Mami, Riko: HORI Yuri, Reika: SHIHONO Ryo
* Scrolling right and left, you can examine interesting places, checking the truth of rumors

Band Brothers DX(DS/Nintendo/6-26)
* Over 30 tracks chosen from classical and J-pop
* Over 50 different instruments usable
* NES is a usable instrument
* Play guitar by strumming with the pen
* Up to 6-player local jam sessions
* Singing mode with karaoke for both base game and DLC
* Over 100 tracks through DLC
I came.

It was damn good.

Error said:
* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.
dAY ONE

Wow, Perfect Prosecutor really does look like Final Fight, the point and click adventure!

I hope we get to go into the courtroom, even if there isn`t much gameplay in prosecution!

Nocebo

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wow, Perfect Prosecutor really does look like Final Fight, the point and click adventure!

I hope we get to go into the courtroom, even if there isn`t much gameplay in prosecution!
The judge will be the final boss! Rawrr Haggar smash!

2n0iqf6.gif
2n0iqf6.gif

2n0iqf6.gif
2n0iqf6.gif

2n0iqf6.gif
2n0iqf6.gif

A prosecutor's still an attorney, so there's no reason why it cant be called Ace Attorney. Even if the gameplay is different it's still in the same "universe" and they might want to tie it to the Ace Attorney "brand".

Edgeworth is a corrupt character, so wouldn't you be framing people or gathering false evidence?

Anyway, I wish Capcom would do something on the DS that appealed to me more than just Mega Man whoring and lawyer adventure whoring.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
bafflewaffle said:
Edgeworth is a corrupt character, so wouldn't you be framing people or gathering false evidence?
Not if the people you prosecute are, in fact, guilty.

near

Gold Member
Dascu said:
Didn't you read that EGM rumor? Troubled development = Cancelled.

Damn, didn't know, i was actually looking forward to hearing more about it. What do they mean troubled development, never thought they'd say something like that.

Jenga

Banned
bafflewaffle said:
No, turns out he just submits the evidence the investigation turns up. The only time he submitted false evidence, was when Gant duped him and the other detectives.

Jocchan said:
Not if the people you prosecute are, in fact, guilty.
I've only played through the first game, but I dont remember if they explicitly say he's put away innocent people, just that he always gets a guilty verdict. Maybe exploring the morality of "the ends justify the means" will make it more interesting.
Jenga said:
No, turns out he just submits the evidence the investigation turns up. The only time he submitted false evidence, was when Gant duped him and the other detectives.
Oh, nm then. :D

Teasel

how come nobody made the most important question... where does this game falls into the timeline? if you saw the scan,edgeworth still looks like he did in phoenix wright 3 so it can't be after apollo justice? then after phoenix wright 3 in the seven years laps? before phoenix wright 3?
also when people says there is no courtroom do they mean no courtroom shows in scans or that it specificaly says there won't be any courtroom sections? it would be pretty pointless to gather clue without finding who's guilty but i don't see how you could do it without courtroom sections...

defferoo

I don't think Crystal Bearers has been cancelled. that was a rumor, and Matt C. from IGN has been talking about the game in some of the recent podcasts... he didn't really mention specifics, but I'm guessing he's seen more of the game than we have.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Error said:
I know everyone did this already but... WANT.

botticus

Holy shit, please be localized tomorrow.

Band Brothers DX(DS/Nintendo/6-26)
* Over 30 tracks chosen from classical and J-pop
* Over 50 different instruments usable
* NES is a usable instrument
* Play guitar by strumming with the pen
* Up to 6-player local jam sessions
* Singing mode with karaoke for both base game and DLC
* Over 100 tracks through DLC
Everyone can thank me for this as I've been tapping along to Daigasso beats the last few days.

BWii still hasn't been released in Japan?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The prosecutor game actually looks like an old adventure game. You see edgeworth walking around on the screen gathering clues. Looks interesting.

farnham

Banned
Dascu said:
Franchise. They cancelled Crystal Bearers so they could work on this.
I highly doubt that EGM has internal information about the development of companies like square enix or nintendo

they are masters at keeping stuff under wraps..

Error said:

YES!!

Haunted

Error said:
OMFG!

2340611683_1b3f7cae6f_o.gif

Haunted

Holy fucking SHIT I just saw the scans. It's a traditional point 'n click adventure? :D :D

Capcom:
7wpapdy.gif

What an amazing day.

Alpha_eX

Haunted One said:
Holy fucking SHIT I just saw the scans. It's a traditional point 'n click adventure? :D :D

Capcom:
7wpapdy.gif

What an amazing day.

It's not, the action is on the top screen, the button is for the inventory and big button to skip the dialog.

What a shame.

At least Gumshoe has a big role in the game, looks like him and Edgeworth are almost like partners this time round.

I am hopeful that Band Brothers DX could see a release in the states but with the large J-pop library in the game that would mean heavy localization. Still, I'm all over it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Himuro said:
Hopefully this means the end of the stupid supernatural/magic clap trap.

Yeah, seriously. PW1 wasn't too bad although there were a few groanworthy moments. PW2 and PW3 took some serious cheek-biting to stop me from rejecting the supernatural stuff. I can dig supernatural stuff in games where the mise-en-scene or framing support its, but in PW it's introduced into a real-world setting which I find gravely problematic.

FWIW Condemned as a series also does this to me. I was fine with the bums and later zombie-bums, and I was fine with my character's spider-senses, but when the whole thing reveals itself to be
a supernatural cult and a bizarre pseudo-science evolved vocal chords
... I get offboard.

Wizpig

Look at my avatar.
Twilight Syndrome: Legend of the Forbidden City (DS/スパイク/7-24)
* New work within the series
* Main character, schoolgirl Mizuki, is led on a chain of horror after receiving a strange chain mail.
* Mizuki: UENO Mami, Riko: HORI Yuri, Reika: SHIHONO Ryo
* Scrolling right and left, you can examine interesting places, checking the truth of rumors
What's this game?
Post the prequels please.

Aeana

Chris Michael said:
Am I the only one that thinks Glory of Hercules looks really really nice? (although I can't tell if the characters are 2D or 3D)

No, I think it looks really neat. Graphically and conceptually. The character sprites/models do look a bit strange, but I'm sure it'll be okay in motion.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Chris Michael said:
Am I the only one that thinks Glory of Hercules looks really really nice? (although I can't tell if the characters are 2D or 3D)

no, same here..... i really like it...

botticus

Wizpig said:
Is Daigasso enjoyable even if you don't understand a word of Japanese, like Ouendan?
I might buy the sequel!
Yes. Half of the text is English anyway. All you need to do is figure out which menu option is "back to menu" instead of "retry song" at the end of each.

Top Bottom