• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Jonnyram

Thin on the ground this week.

- Sony say they're shipping 100k PS3s for launch after all.

- PS3 Mah Jong Fight Club delayed to 16 Nov (instead of 11/11).

- PS3 Formula One Championship release date set to 21 Dec.

- Gyakuten Saiban 4 ltd edition will come with Gyakuten Saiban Encyclopedia software

- Jet Impulse for DS, a flight action shooting game for DS, from Nintendo, out 8 Feb 2007, Wi-Fi compatible

- Mojipittan DS will have cool stuff if you have Mojipittan GBA apparently.

More news when it is posted, if there is any.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like DS Air is alive and got a name change. I wonder if they made it look any better or more fun to play.

duckroll

The Ever17 team at Kid are also making a new ADV on the PS2 called 12Riven. And there's a Memories of 5 Encore PS2 coming out too. I guess no one cares though, since you actually need to read Japanese to play these. :(

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
The Ever17 team at Kid are also making a new ADV on the PS2 called 12Riven. And there's a Memories of 5 Encore PS2 coming out too. I guess no one cares though, since you actually need to read Japanese to play these. :(
It's not just the Japanese text that poses a problem ;)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I still don't get why Sony is releasing Motorstorm and F1 in Japan before NA, doesn't make any sense to me.

Matix

Weekly Reviews...

Gamefront.de said:
*FAMITSU

-Akumajou Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth [Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin] (NDS, Konami): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
-Sengoku Musou 2 Empires (PS2, Koei): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
-Naruto: Konoha Spirits (PS2, Bandai Namco): 7 / 6 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
-Vulcanus (PSP, Compile Heart): 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)

*DENGEKI-PS

-Ridge Racer 7 (PS3, Bandai Namco): 100 / 95 / 90 / 100
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (PS3, Bandai Namco): 90 / 90 / 85 / 80
-Sega Golfclub Featuring Miyazato Family (PS3, Sega): 70 / 75 / 80 / 80
-Genji: Kamui Souran (PS3, Sony): 75 / 60 / 70 / 80
-Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (PS3, Sony): 90 / 90 / 100 / 100
-Mahjong Kakutou Club (PS3, Konami): 80 / 80 / 85 / 75
-Sengoku Musou 2 Empires (PS2, Koei): 95 / 95 / 80 / 80
-J-League Winning Eleven 10 + Europa League 06-07 (PS2, Konami): 90 / 85 / 75 / 90
-Tales of Destiny (PS2, Bandai Namco): 80 / 90 / 75 / 85
-Jeanne D'Arc (PSP, Konami): 90 / 90 / 85 / 75
-Riviera: Yakusoku no Chi (PSP, Sting): 75 / 75 / 80 / 60

Surreal

jj984jj said:
I still don't get why Sony is releasing Motorstorm and F1 in Japan before NA, doesn't make any sense to me.

Japanese line-up is bad? Motorstorm doesn't have multiplayer yet, and maybe they're saving F1 for a better time to launch. No one will buy that in the middle of November/December. The market is a massacre, especially for a fairly no name game like F1, it would be better if they released it when nothing else was releasing.

edit: Nice job Jeanne D'Arc, Resistance, RR7, and... Gundam? Is there something they see in it I don't?

GhostSeed

Jonnyram said:
- Gyakuten Saiban 4 ltd edition will come with Gyakuten Saiban Encyclopedia software

That sounds sweet but I wonder if the Encyclopedia will have dual languages like the games.

Akumajou Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth [Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin] (NDS, Konami): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)

I kill you Famitsu!!! Seriously though I don't care either way I'm getting this game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks like even the Japanese mags aren't going easy on Genji. But Ridge Racer 7 is killing...although I can't find it in my heart to trust those Gundam scores. :|

Grimmy

Banned
-Genji: Kamui Souran (PS3, Sony): 75 / 60 / 70 / 80
IGN: 6.0

Hmmm...I think everyone agrees that this game sucks then...

Bo130

wsippel said:
9 / 8 / 8 / 8, according to Gamestats.

And that's right. To see which other big name games got the same overall score as Portrait of Ruin, we have:

Bleach DS | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Pokemon Dash | 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 | 31/40
Rockman ZX | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Trauma Center: Under The Knife (Caduceus) | 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 | 31/40

adg1034

Bo130 said:
And that's right. To see which other big name games got the same overall score as Portrait of Ruin, we have:

Bleach DS | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Pokemon Dash | 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 | 31/40
Rockman ZX | 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 | 31/40
Trauma Center: Under The Knife (Caduceus) | 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 | 31/40

One of these things...

Shouta

duckroll said:

Oh hey, I'm "playing" through Ever 17 now. Nice scenario, decent characters.

antiloop

Resistance: FoM and RR7 and Gundam killer apps confirmed in Japan. But with 100k units at launch there will be a lot of blood spilled. I wouldn't want to be there at launch. :)

Aeana

Johnnyram said:
Mojipittan DS will have cool stuff if you have Mojipittan GBA apparently.

Oh, cool. I didn't even know there was going to be a moji pittan game for DS. The GBA and PSP ones are great.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Resistance getting bang up scores from a reputable japanese magazine. Genji can go curl up and die now.

duckroll

It's just the making of Lost Odyssey special that'll be on TV this Saturday. I expect it to be 99% people talking and 1% game footage.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:
It's just the making of Lost Odyssey special that'll be on TV this Saturday. I expect it to be 99% people talking and 1% game footage.

They showed a preview of the special last weekon TV Osaka. The only footage they showed was from the demo.

duckroll said:

as long as they show just the transition to real time then cut it.... the rest is too early...at this stage they need to emphasise the concept and design and show as little of the current gameplay as possible....as soon as I saw it my interest dropped from around interested to..........................................designs nice

peace

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
duckroll said:

Note that these things are running at like 1 in the morning lol.

Top Bottom