• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese game mag news

Beezy

Jonnyram said:
DS | ASH

DS | Seiken Densetsu Heroes of Mana

I thought ASH was moved to another system? Or am I thinking of another game?

And another Mana game that won't be done right...

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
360 | Infinite Undiscovery
- Tri-Ace RPG

PS2 | OutRun 2 SP
- not news

DS | Survival Kids Lost in Blue 2
Spring 2007
- not news

DS | ASH

DS | Quiz! King of Japanese DS

Woot at Infinite Undiscovery (aka Star Ocean 4 but not called SO4)!

Woot at a new Mana for DS -- PLEASE ****ING MAKE IT LIKE SD2/SD3!

Woot at ASH being reconfirmed as DS and not changing platforms as Neo cruelly taunted us.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
360 | Infinite Undiscovery
- Tri-Ace RPG

PS2 | OutRun 2 SP
- not news

DS | Survival Kids Lost in Blue 2
Spring 2007
- not news

DS | ASH

DS | Quiz! King of Japanese DS

YAY! ASH still for DS! :( @ 2007.

Please tell me Heroes of Mana isn't the CoM for SD3. *prays* PLEASE BE A REAL GAME!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Beezy said:
The list of Wii games is for Wii.
I have no idea what you're asking.

Well are they for launch? What does the list of these game mean is it just a simple list of random Wii games?

jj984jj

VOOK said:
Well are they for launch? What does the list of these game mean is it just a simple list of random Wii games?
It's an updated release list, but not all are for launch.

omg rite said:
if true, **** RE5. that's brilliant
:lol :lol

Rlan said:
Wait... Puyo Puyo DS? Theres been two already - Fever 1 & 2. Unless they're going to add online in this one?

But still, 3 versions of a PUZZLE game on one console is rediculous.

Those were Puyo Puyo Fever games. This is apparently a 15th anniversary game. This one could be more of a throwback, hopefully with the machanics from earlier games (sun puyos from Sun, special powers by player from ~n), and hopefully the old cast prominently being featured.

thefro

Wing Island Oct-Dec
Kororinpa - Oct-Dec
Fishing Master - Dec
Mahjong - 2006
Furi Furi - Winter
The Dog Island
Healing Type (not final title)
Horse Racing Action
New RPG
Midori hi no Tatsujin (Master of Green Days?)

These look like newly announced Wii games. I'm guessing "New RPG" may be Namco's game, but we can't be sure. And "Horse Racing Action" might be "Final Furlong".

I'm guessing "Wing Island" is Hudson's flight game.

jj984jj

Please find out if Heroes of Mana is another great-looking, but crappy dungeon crawler.

Ngeist

DS | Gyakuten Saiban 4
Spring 2007
- aka Phoenix Wright 4, except without Phoenix Wright

Oh sh**, I want to play this game THIS YEAR !

But good news for Heroes of Mana, DS is truely having a great 3rd party support

Ngeist said:
Oh sh**, I want to play this game THIS YEAR !

But good news for Heroes of Mana, DS is truely having a great 3rd party support

I dont know. It just kind of seems like SE is throwing game after game on DS while the rest of third parties are pretty evenly split between DS/PSP (with PSP often having the edge)

Amir0x

Banned
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
I dont know. It just kind of seems like SE is throwing game after game on DS while the rest of third parties are pretty evenly split between DS/PSP (with PSP often having the edge)

yeah if evenly split means 'here comes another PS2 port'

jj984jj

Amir0x said:
yeah if evenly split means 'here comes another PS2 port'
From Japanese developers? Only S-E, Atlus, and B-N have put a lot of ports on PSP. And B-N have also put a lot of great games on it as well.

Jonnyram

According to the rumours started back in July, Tri-Ace had been working on Undiscovery for a year at that point, and putting a lot of effort into it, apparently.

Jiggy

Jonnyram said:
Metric ton of Wii stuff
Wing Island Oct-Dec
Rayman - Oct-Dec
Kororinpa - Oct-Dec
Necronesia - Nov
Fishing Master - Dec
Bleach Dec (7140 yen, apparently)
Super Monkey Ball - Autumn
Sengoku Musou - 2006
SD Gundam - 2006
Tamagotchi - 2006
Crayon Shinchan - 2006
Mahjong - 2006
Cooking Mama - Winter
Furi Furi - Winter
Bomberman Land
Sonic and the Secret Rings
The Dog Island
Healing Type (not final title)
San X All Stars
Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
GT Pro
Horse Racing Action
New RPG
Midori hi no Tatsujin (Master of Green Days?)
All this and "New RPG" is the only one on the list that I care about.

On the bright side, hooray for ASH's reconfirmation on DS. I'm too cynical to dare care about another Heroes of Mana, though. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
According to the rumours started back in July, Tri-Ace had been working on Undiscovery for a year at that point, and putting a lot of effort into it, apparently.

Wow I guess Tri-Ace has opted to not use interns and go straight for farming out to Cavia :eek:

jj984jj

Jonnyram said:
Please be as good as SO:SS & VP. Please be as good as SO:SS & VP. Please be as good as SO:SS & VP!!

DrLazy

Jonnyram said:

Well they will certainly satisfy those 14 testers and 36 customers who will buy the game.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
So Umbrella Chronicles will have a 3rd person perspective but will use the controller as a light gun? I'm confused.

Kobun Heat said:
And my cycle of self-inflicted disappointment starts anew.

*deep breath*

HEY GUYS I BET THIS IS THE ONE WHERE THEY GET IT RIGHT

nav.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
jj984jj said:
Please be as good as SO:SS & VP. Please be as good as SO:SS & VP. Please be as good as SO:SS & VP!!

Hell, I'd settle for it being as good as SO3 and Radiata Stories - I love 'em all

duckroll

Infinite Undiscovery is supposed to be the game that Gotanda chose to direct instead of VP2 (where he was just the R&D programmer). I expect great things from it, at least technically. :D

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Bebpo said:
Enjoy your fantasy land!

Reading the snippets from the Chinese mag, it actually could be a great idea.
People have said that they wanted remakes of the classic RE's using the RE4 engine. If you get to play the best parts of RE1-RE4 with RE4 style gameplay, that might turn out to be pretty special.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks like good stuff. I`m actually kind of glad GS4 is going to take a while to release. Gives them time to make it the best game it can possibly be.

Let`s hope for english and JP subs.

Ashodin

Bebpo said:
Worst name ever, but we NEED SCANS OF THIS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE DAMMNIT. This game should look and play incredible. Hopefully this is the main event of this weeks famitsu and there are many pages.
After the prettiness of Enchanted Arms, yes plz.

I also make the call for
SCANS PERIOD.

cvxfreak

Finally, a breath of Wii info for Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles.

But it sounds like a really good Gun Survivor 2 in terms of premise (take game stages, attach shooting stuff to it).

icecream

Public Health Threat
Jonnyram said:
Wow, that's a lot further than I'd expect them to be.

Tri-Ace has yet to deliver a total failure, so in them I trust. Especially if they can fully tap the 360...

Orobi

PS2 | Hokuto no Ken
Mar 2007
- aka Fist of the North Star

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!!
Good news :D

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Why would people care if ASH was moved to another console?

Unless they only own a DS of course.

Its a Strat RPG... isnt it?

I know a couple of people who only play start rpgs on handhelds. A genre that the DS hasnt a lot of love for beyond advance war and AoE DS.

Kobun Heat said:
Where were you guys getting the idea that ASH was moved to another console?

There was some rumor in Famitsu that said a game they had listed would be changing platforms or something. The collective detective work of gaf decided it was either ASH or that mystery game for DS

Top Bottom