• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks Japanese mag news (10/31~)

duckroll

Dahbomb said:
Is there a picture to go with it? I guess we can rule out Blades then, they don't resemble the form of a sword. Here are enemies from DMC1. I don't remember anyone looking like a sword.

I'm guessing it's just going to be regular enemies that are of the same type that Alastor was - ie: a demon in the form of a sword.

rakka

Desiderus said:
Yes. They only released about three pictures of the Shiva sisters. One of each sister and the one with them encircling eachother.
must have missed that one. link to screens/scans?

Jonnyram said:
Devil May Cry 4
PS3/360, Capcom, 2008/1/31
- early buyers will get a special DVD (two versions - dante and nero)

I don't understand what this is saying. Is it implying the limited edition contains an extra 'Dante DVD' -- or that simply, the first production run (of any SKU) will have a bonus DVD?

tetsuoxb

duckroll said:
The quote basically saids "Assault is a demon from the very first game. It resembles the form of a sword."

What Dahbomb is saying is that there is a devil in DMC1 named Blade. What is the exact Japanese quote? If it is Blade in katakana, then my bet is Dahbomb is right on the money.

Sharp

Moor-Angol said:
- No news for both DS and Wii

- Shrek 3 canned for both DS and Wii

Nintendo is really in a bad situation now...
Wait, your first statement contradicted your second.

duckroll

tetsuoxb said:
What Dahbomb is saying is that there is a devil in DMC1 named Blade. What is the exact Japanese quote? If it is Blade in katakana, then my bet is Dahbomb is right on the money.

Oh yeah, you're right. It says Blade in katakana. Sorry, I never really paid attention to the names of the enemies in DMC. :(

creamsugar

20071031.jpg

March 2008 in JP, and have a bundle SKU with PSP-2000.

Defuser

mabuza said:
so whats the difference between MH2 portable and this new one?
From TGS
TOKYO--At the Tokyo Game Show today, Capcom held a stage presentation to unveil Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. Not quite a full sequel to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd--known as Monster Hunter Freedom 2 in the West--the game is instead an upgraded release that incorporates various new additions and features.

Producer Tsujimoto (and catsuit-clad individual) unveil Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G.

Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto appeared onstage to talk about Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. No screenshots were shown during the presentation, indicating that the game is still in an early stage of development, but Tsujimoto did comment that it should be released "in the not-too-distant future."

Going into a Q&A session with the stage show host, Tsujimoto revealed the first details on Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. "Of course there will be monsters that are new. There's going to be a lot of monsters," the producer noted. In addition to more creatures to kill, the upgraded version will include more adventures to undertake. "There's an additional class of quests called the 'G' class. There's going to be new varieties of quests as well, so please look forward to that too," Tsujimoto said.

Tsujimoto assured players that saved data from Monster Hunter Portable 2nd could be imported to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, and it will be fully featured, unlike the transition from Monster Hunter Portable to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd. Last but not least, Tsujimoto commented that Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G will include a new system that's never been seen before in the series. Although he didn't elaborate, he hinted that the series' feline mascot, Ailu, might have something to do with it.

Tenbatsu said:
The first DMC had music from their drummer Yukihiro which sounds pretty decent. DMC2 & 3 are going emo.
Please know the meaning of emo before you use the word.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
C- Warrior said:
I don't understand what this is saying. Is it implying the limited edition contains an extra 'Dante DVD' -- or that simply, the first production run (of any SKU) will have a bonus DVD?

Whatever it is, I am importing it. region free FTW.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah it's the "Never Surrender" song you heard at the end of the trailer.

Really? no wonder I liked it. Will this song be in the English version of the game. Who am I kidding I am buying both versions.

jiggle

Desiderus said:
I was hoping for something on the official site today but no luck. I really don't want to wait till both the november festivals.

There's an event in Osaka in a couple of days.

2nd job from that, and 3rd job from Fanfest?

mclem

Jonnyram said:
Poison Pink
PS2, Banpresto, Spring 2008
- developed by Flight Plan / Banpresto
- original simulation RPG
I read both of these sentences too quickly, they merged into one, and I read:

- developed by Banpresto
- original flight simulation RPG
A flight sim RPG would be interesting...

Top Bottom