• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks JAPANESE magazine news

duckroll

Jan said:
You say 6 konami games of ps3 canned. Coded Arms , Pawa Pro, Gadius VI, unannounced rpg, unannounced action and...?

Sorry, I just can't count. :(

More info:

Dragon Quest IX

This is considered an evolution of the direction DQ8 took, except on the DS. It seems that the game might not be just an action RPG after all?

FFVII Crisis Core

Development is at 65% (slooooow!)

No More Heroes

Apparently a Fire Pro Wrestling character (or characters?) will be used in the game.

Lost Odyssey

Still in development using Unreal Engine 3.0. Hope it turns out well...

ASH

This is a mysterious genre that combines RPG and Tactical elements. Development is being handled by ラストスパート (Last Sport?). [or maybe they mean the development is at the last spot... which just makes it really bad language usage! T_T]

Gyakuten 4

This game is going to be really packed with content.

Monster Hunter 3

Yup, still exists. Actually in development now...

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Found two different translations:

Final Fantasy XIII

-The male's name is related to weather, but not related to Lightning, he is 33cm.
-The summons have greatly changed, as Shiva is now able to turn into a bike, and supports more then one element.
-There seems to be a hard time with the battle system when you are with the bike however, but it is possible to use the bike while in battle.
-The Crystals in the game have the power to "Invent" something.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-The Game play is similar to that of Kingdom Hearts, but it is still being worked on.
-The Hero does have his limits, he is able to teleport for a short while to where he throws his weapons.

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
-This game will be brought to the cellphone at the end of 2007
-Besides the picture, the entire game will be in 3D
-The Hero is suppose to be protecting a crystal.

Source: FF7AC Reunion and Nekogagotoku Blog.

-------

Final Fantasy XIII

1. There is a floating Cocoon that is protected by a Machine, this Cocoon is known to be created by the Crystal, and it prospered there.

2. Residents of the City began to fear the Crystal, due to it's "Foreign" state.

3. The Cocoon, awakened, while someone was in the City, people began to suspect the person alot, and thought of him/her as an "Invader" soon that suspect began to turn into hate.

4. In order to stabilize the cocoon, emergency treatment was done.

5. A large amount of residents were restrained, and moved to the pulse of this World. Although in reality it was just a Virtual Banishment.

6. The Crystal chose that person, giving them fate to lead the World. "She" was chosen and became an enemy of the Human Race, and was believed to lead the world into ruin.

7. The Name of the mysterious blond male indeed represents the weather, however has no relationship towards Lightning.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Originally there was no good or evil, however soon it was divided into good, and evil. It was the last Kingdom where the crystal was held. The Kingdom is very modern, it is so advanced, that civilization there itself, is isolated from the Outside World. This City is protected by the Magic Order. A group from the Outside World, began to invade the city, and there the fight for the last crystal begins, this however is the start of a new generation.

Action: The gameplay is said to have similar Qualities to that of Kingdom Hearts, however more things have been added. One of the abilities you can use is that of the Main Character can warp to wherever his weapons are thrown.

Source: ff-xiii.net and Nekogagotoku Blog

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There seems to be some orcish looking skull in that musou scan. The style is something I think I've seen before. It looks almost like something a biker would don on his helmet or jacket or something.

Grivenger said:

now thats some interesting info....interest back up...seems like they are trying to do some in new stuff with the battle system.... shiva turn into a nike though is pretty hilarious. Both games featuring an anti-hero this time...sounds fair to me.

Damn these two games are what Ill buy the ps3 for, as I pretty much bought the ps2 for ff games...with every new installment my hype gets higher!

peace

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Active Time System = turn based. FFXII was using the Active Dimension System.
Active Dimension System = Active Time System Plus Movement. FFXIII will probably be as Active Time as FFXII was, just in a different way (less MMORPG-ish, more Advent Children-ish).

Since when was a active battle system, turn-based? Isn't that a contradiction?

duckroll said:
Sorry, I just can't count. :(

More info:

Dragon Quest IX

This is considered an evolution of the direction DQ8 took, except on the DS. It seems that the game might not be just an action RPG after all?

Weird, videos seemed to suggest it played like an action RPG, either way, an evolution of the DQVIII direction sounds right up my alley!

duckroll said:
FFVII Crisis Core

Nice. So it's coming out afterall and progress is being made. :)

duckroll said:
ASH

This is a mysterious genre that combines RPG and Tactical elements. Development is being handled by ラストスパート (Last Sport?). [or maybe they mean the development is at the last spot... which just makes it really bad language usage! T_T]

Reads like last spurt... to me.

duckroll said:
Gyakuten 4

Sweet.

Acosta

sp0rsk said:
There seems to be some orcish looking skull in that musou scan. The style is something I think I've seen before. It looks almost like something a biker would don on his helmet or jacket or something.

Harley Davison Mosou?

u_neek

Jonnyram said:
duckroll, I think it's "last spurt", i.e. the final stages.

33cm is his shoe size, as I said earlier in the thread.
OMG, I just HAVE to know what his favorite soda is or Ill kill myself!

jett

D-Member
Why won't Squeenix release the new trailers of FF13 and Versus to us poor interweb bottom-dwellers?

Jonnyram said:
33cm is his shoe size, as I said earlier in the thread.

33cm shoe size would make him a midget. :p That can't be right either.

Mau ®

WOW seems like Famitsu enjoyed GoW. It will be interesting if it gets embraced by the Japanese since it is not eactly an FPS. It could go over quite decently.

Baroque remake! :eek:

I picked up the Saturn version relatively recently, and it's pretty interesting (especially for a King's Field and roguelike fan like me), but the all-kanji item names are a killer. I might as well be playing in Chinese. >_< Maybe Atlus will take a chance?

Fady K

duckroll said:
So far:

Brand new Musou game from Koei.

- PS2
- Who is the enemy? A Musou you didn't know about, coming this Spring.
- Developed by Omega Force

Looks to be fantasy, there's only 1 illustration.

Another PS2 killer app confirmed

duckroll said:
Gundam Musou

- Confirmed 1st March.

First killer app for Japanese PS3s?

duckroll said:
Shining Force Ikusa - 9/9/8/9
.hackGU3 - 8/7/8/8
Dragon Shadow Spell - 8/8/8/8
Gears of War - 10/9/9/9
Yggdrasil Labyrinth - 8/8/8/8

35 for Shining Force :D 37 for GOW :D Great scores!

duckroll said:
Wario - 8/7/7/7

:(

duckroll said:
Gundam Musou apparently has a slightly different structure from Dynasty Warriors. In each area you have to keep defeating enemies until a mid-boss shows up and after defeating it you complete the area. At the end of the entire stage is a main boss.

Interesting...

duckroll said:
Yup. "New Action Adventure" and "Role Playing". Both from Konami. That makes EIGHT Konami games that were planned that got canned between last and this week.

Damn...whats up with Konami?
duckroll said:
Some good news after all!

Baroque - PS2 - 2007

Sting is remaking their Saturn/PS game into a brand new title for the PS2. The director is &#21407;&#30000;&#22823;&#36896; and the character designer is &#37428;&#26408;&#20581;&#20108;&#37070;.

Deltora Quest - DS - Spring

This anime adaptation from Bandai Namco has a scenario written by Nojima and music from Sakimoto! Development is by &#12450;&#12454;&#12487;&#12451;&#12458; and planning is by Bec. It is an action rpg.

Baroque sounds interesting. SAKIMOTO on Deltora Quest?!! Please, someone tell me this has a chance of hitting US shores! Duck, Ethelred?? Jonnyram???

Duckroll said:
- FFXIII still uses a command-based Active Time System, just modified for speed and coolness.
- FFVersusXIII is going to be action packed and play much like KH.
- They're planning to have a realtime trailer of FFVersusXIII by mid-2007.

- FFAgitoXIII is going to be a full 3D cellphone game on DoCoMo services.

Yaaaaaaaaay

Duckroll said:
Dengeki review scores:
Shining Force EXA: 85/90/90/85

Woooooooot :D

duckroll said:
http://gmstar.com/ps2/roguegalaxydc.html

Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut - PS2 - 21st March

- Low rerelease price of 3980yen!
- Brand new planet to explore
- New "Burning Strike" combat system
- Over 1,000 new conversation lines and patterns for the Live Talk system
- New weapons, items, improved alchemy system and additional costumes
- Improvements/additions in the Insectoid minigame
- FMVs in high-resolution on a dual layer disc
- Game balance is readjusted

So 2 months after the US release of RG, I guess they're cashing in on the Japanese market with a re-release with all the US content... at least it's not fullprice like someother re-releases....

Very very generous price! Thats almost 6000 yen cheaper than Persona 3 fes

Alex said:
Do Square's cellphone games do well? Too bad Agito isn't on DS. :(

Yeah, id rather have it on my DS or PSP rather than a cellphone :/

duckroll said:
Dragon Quest IX

Intriguing...

Duckroll said:
FFVII Crisis Core

At least its actually coming :D

Duckroll said:
No More Heroes

Apparently a Fire Pro Wrestling character (or characters?) will be used in the game.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. MOST WANTED WII GAME :)

Duckroll said:
Lost Odyssey

Still in development using Unreal Engine 3.0. Hope it turns out well...

At least i dont think this'll get canceled like the other Jap UE3.0 games.

Duckroll said:
ASH

This is a mysterious genre that combines RPG and Tactical elements. Development is being handled by &#12521;&#12473;&#12488;&#12473;&#12497;&#12540;&#12488; (Last Sport?). [or maybe they mean the development is at the last spot... which just makes it really bad language usage! T_T]

Never heard of Last Sport :/ Maybe its bad language usage after all?

Duckroll said:
Gyakuten 4

Monster Hunter 3

Yup, still exists. Actually in development now...

Woooooo :)

THANKS FOR THE NEWS DUCKROLL! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FFXIII/VeXIII scans <3 <3 <3

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Other than that. I'm barely considering that SH based on the videos I've seen.

Trust me, it's barely on my radar too. :lol

But I think that's the only Silent Hill game we'll be getting for a few years. :(

Totalriot

This is what Gamefront says about ASH:
Ash: Archaic Sealed Heat verbindet RPG und Taktik

10.01.07 - Mistwalker (Blue Dragon) hat sich in der Famitsu etwas zu Ash: Archaic Sealed Heat geäußert. Demnach soll das Genre jeweils zur Hälfte aus Rollenspiel und Taktik bestehen und beide Elemente miteinander verbinden. In der Entwicklung setzen die Macher jetzt nach eigener Aussage zum Endspurt an. Release: 2007 (Japan)

Bolded part means that the developers prepare for final spurt. So maybe that's the translation?

duckroll said:
Deltora Quest - DS - Spring

This anime adaptation from Bandai Namco has a scenario written by Nojima and music from Sakimoto! Development is by &#12450;&#12454;&#12487;&#12451;&#12458; and planning is by Bec. It is an action rpg.
Well, Sakimoto is almost as good as Kow Otani, so the music won't suck. If the Contact / Shining Soul (2) team are behind this, then this might be the least shitty anime license game ever.

reminder

January 10, 2007 - Konami's support for both the PS3 and Wii appears to have taken a major hit. The release list in the latest issue of Famitsu reveals reveals that a number of next generation titles previously announced by the company are no longer in development.

Here's the full list of cancelled titles.

# Gradius Series (PS3)
# Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (PS3)
# New Action Game (PS3)
# New Role Playing Game (PS3)
# New Action Adventure Game 2 (Wii)
# Role Playing Game (Wii)

With those titles gone, Konami's Wii and PS3 lineup reads as follows:

# Pro Baseball Spirits Series (PS3)
# Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
# World Soccer Winning Eleven Series (PS3)
# Music Simulation Game (Wii)
# New Action Adventure Game (Wii)
# Sports Game -- Soccer (Wii)
# Sports Game -- Baseball (Wii)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754307p1.html

Did IGN forget to put Coded Arms: Assault in one of these lists?

Defuser

Mr. Pointy said:
Well, you know what they say about one's shoe size...
gallery3_b3.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
Dragon Quest IX
Do not tease me ;_; Uso!Jump is not allowed to cover DQ games!

TreIII

Mashing said:
So ASH is just about finished, yet we've seen less than nothing from it. What's up with that?

Good question...but then again, I've been honestly wondering what's been up with ASH for quite a while now. I mean really...we've at least seen Blue Dragon stuff off and on for the last period of time up until its release. Why was ASH practically so mum, considering that it's arguably a more high-profile title (at least, in light of how it's on a system that more people own in Japan)?

Plus, you'd think they'd want to get it out in a timely fashion, before Square Enix's onslaught of DS goods for this year stand to overwhelm it in sheer numbers alone...

ethelred

John Harker said:
Whose exactly doing development on ASH?

It's being published by Nintendo, creative development is being done by Mistwalker (Sakaguchi is supposed to be directing the game himself, character designs and art are by Hideo Minaba, and I believe the music is being done by Hitoshi Sakimoto)... it was never said who's doing the actual programming side of the development, though (as Artoon did on Blue Dragon).

I am absolutely elated to hear that the game is coming along and its development is nearing completion. Can't wait till we get to see more on it.

TreIII said:
Plus, you'd think they'd want to get it out in a timely fashion, before Square Enix's onslaught of DS goods for this year stand to overwhelm it in sheer numbers alone...

Well, the Square Enix titles also help to further establish a stronger and stronger RPG fanbase on the system... if you think about it, pretty much everyone who played RPGs on the PS2 in Japan will be getting a DS (if they haven't already) for DQIX.

duckroll said:
VF5 - PS3 - 8th Feb - 8190yen

The game will include an original "Quest Mode" where you take part in a big tournament and you can buy items and emblems from a shop. There will also be a "VF TV Mode" which mimicks the Arcade VF TV.

Glad to see that's back

Konami arcade collection? Talk about a boring line-up.
Would love to see Baroque PS2 get a US release. Maybe Atlus could consider it...haha

nelsonroyale said:
okay that was childish, but this guy is always on mistwalkers nut sacks.

peace

What gave you that silly idea?
Sorry but I happen to draw the line at summoned monsters turning into vehicles.
Storyline is just plain wtf as well.

Top Bottom