• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag meganews

ethelred said:
• Dragon Quest V dated
• NiGHTS remake announced
• Fragile unveiled; first media and developer info (the people who made the phenomenal Venus & Braves)
• Etrian Odyssey 2 dated
• Raiden Fighters to 360

Not really an ordinary week, no.
Indeed. After 3-4 horrible weeks of new, this is definitely megaton worthy.

Now I want to play venus and Braves. It actually interests me more than Fragile (looks a bit empty atm, so I don't kow what to think of it.)

DQV and EO2 dates ensures that the first two months of 2008 will be awesome for DS, RPG-wise.

Acosta

I actually was pretty excited for Frame City Killer, the idea behind it was pretty interesting.

Fragile looks very nice, how is Namco track for bringing games to USA lately?

And yay for Etrian Odyseesy 2, looking good, I still has a lot to do with the first one.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Could some kind soul do a clean scan of the Lord of Vermillion Yoshida artwork? (Flicking past it I thought the title was MERLOSE, and wondered what was up with the new hairstyle and hussy-chic gear, but mercifully it's not.)

Redundant post #1839293 - Fragile looks terrific.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
lupin23rd said:
Wats the MEGAnews this week? Looks like any other week to me.
Well duh, Fragile isn't on PS3.

rakka said:
is it that hard to believe? :-\
Not that it's on Wii, but that it's from Bandai-Namco on Wii (who's biggest effort announced thus far was a ToS spin-off that most thought looked good for a DS game).

ethelred said:
• Dragon Quest V dated
• NiGHTS remake announced
• Fragile unveiled; first media and developer info (the people who made the phenomenal Venus & Braves)
• Etrian Odyssey 2 dated
• Raiden Fighters to 360

Not really an ordinary week, no.
And a new lost odyssey trailer was just posted as well! What an awesome week! :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Magicpaint said:
Now I want to play venus and Braves. It actually interests me more than Fragile (looks a bit empty atm, so I don't kow what to think of it.)

Not to take away from Fragile, as it looks really really intriguing, but VnB is a must play. It's easily one of my favorite RPGs on PS2.

CTLance

Yay for EO2 scans. I love the addition of directional arrows to the tileset. I sorta wish they could retroactively add that to EO1. Looks like at least one new Job got added too (left page, at the bottom: Gunner? Or will this replace Survivalists/Archers?). Nice.

A bit puzzled by Nights' console platform given the sequel, but whatever. On the topic of remakes: A Panzer Dragoon Saga remake would kill me due to pantsplosion. Do want etc.

Dunno about Fragile. The setting looks mighty fine, the characters look a bit strange to me. Nonetheless, it looks promising.

Thanks to all the posters for the scans and pics.

jj984jj said:
Not that it's on Wii, but that it's from Bandai-Namco on Wii (who's biggest effort announced thus far was a ToS spin-off that most thought looked good for a DS game).
When shitty captures were released, i.e.. In the TGS trailer, it looked really nice; better looking than both ToS and TotA.

thetrin said:
Not to take away from Fragile, as it looks really really intriguing, but VnB is a must play. It's easily one of my favorite RPGs on PS2.
It's definitely on my radar now. It's going for cheap in import stores, so I'm definitely thinking of importing.

Zanasea

D2M15 said:
Could some kind soul do a clean scan of the Lord of Vermillion Yoshida artwork? (Flicking past it I thought the title was MERLOSE, and wondered what was up with the new hairstyle and hussy-chic gear, but mercifully it's not.)
This game has an amazing art crew. Hideo Minaba, Yusuke Naora, Yoshitaka Amano, Akihiko Yoshida, Shiro Amano, Ryosuke Aiba, Toshiyuki Itahana, Ryoma Ito and Atsushi Okubo! I want clean scans too!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Fragile characters reminds me a little bit of Wand(a/er) in terms of posture, stance, and even the hairstyle really. I know that there's none of the same people working on it and Fragile is not going to be similar to SOTC, but I still see a similarity in the character.

turk128

Tenbatsu said:
Thanks!! Wow, the mood of the game looks really great!
Seriously, that's the first thing that jumps out... a really quiet spooky feel (maybe it's like Dennou Coil's virtual world?).

I love the pouch, takes a real man to wear something like that with confidence :D

Mdk7

Ok.
So basically NiGHTS PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NiGHTS Wii.

THIS is the right art direction for NiGHTS, NOT the JoD one.

jj984jj

Mdk7 said:
Ok.

What? Remakes are the right direction now?

duckroll

Raiden Fighters Aces (Xbox360)

- Includes Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet.
- Superplay DVD included.
- Uses Xbox Live for Replay upload/download as well as Score Rankings.
- Tate modes included.

jj984jj

AniHawk said:
ART direction.

...Though the art director is the same guy for both. Heh.
WTH? There is no difference between them art wise. :lol In the sequel the camera is positioned differently to give it a 3D feel so everything is larger.

duckroll said:

- Tate modes included.
Yay! This must come here too! Hopefully Atlus will pick it up as well.

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
I shall post the Tekken 6 coverage if no one does in the next 4 hours. Really busy tonight, sorry guys.

If you can spare the time, could you get a full photo/scan of Raiden Fighters Aces up? If not it's okay. Thanks!

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
If you can spare the time, could you get a full photo/scan of Raiden Fighters Aces up? If not it's okay. Thanks!
I might be able to help out there a bit later. Gotta have my dinner first.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
And the sequel on the Wii?

C'mon Squeenix....give me a PSP port of DQIX....I need something new to play! :)

Mdk7 said:
Ok.

Is it like this every week or just a one-off?

Fragile looks gorgeous. That's shot up my wanted list now. The localities are very intriguing.

Mdk7

AniHawk said:
ART direction.

...Though the art director is the same guy for both. Heh.
Naoto Oshima was in charge for Into Dreams and NOT for JoD.
Just look at the enemy design going form unique/weird/hybrid between animals and plants in the original to the generic stuff à la Disney we're seeing in the Wii Sequel.
And Reala with the samurai stuff is...SHAMEFUL imho.

Acosta

duckroll said:
I translated the info just a few posts above. :p

Sorry duckroll, I was distracted with the awesomeness of Beowulf (the game) I´m playing right know and just read the end of the thread. Going to read your translation! Thanks.

duckroll said:

- Tate modes included.

Ok, that is awesome. Too bad I have the horrible feeling it will be region coded. Will I dare to buy a second 360 for this?

Well, this thread was kinda painful to read. It's funny, GameFAQS 'console wars' never saps my patience like NeoGAF system wars does.

Anyway, bunch of great news this week. Yay at EO2 release date and scans!

Edit: Waitaminute... Maggey?

JDSN

Banned
Wow, aside from the trannysurprisy guy Fragile looks pretty good and team behind it is actually talented.

Tain

NiGHTS remake sounds great. Crazy that it isn't Sega Ages.

And holy hell at the Raiden bundle. This is why all y'all should shut up about wanting this stuff on XBLA.

duckroll said:

- Tate modes included.

Awesome. These games never got home ports.

What's the latest on *sigh* MOSS' Raiden IV?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Linkup said:
To bad he's running around in a baby blue dress, but looks good otherwise.

Wow it's all 3d.

wait, that's a dude?!

What does it say about Fragile? (love the name, btw).

Certainly doesn't look like an RPG.
Looks more like survivor horror with jrpg characters, heh

JoeFu

Banned
John Harker said:
wait, that's a dude?!

What does it say about Fragile? (love the name, btw).

Certainly doesn't look like an RPG.
Looks more like survivor horror with jrpg characters, heh

Yeah, don't see any RPG things yet, I doubt a twig and a flashlight make a good weapon in an RPG.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
FUCK YES.
Raiden fighters has: Online leaderboards annnnnnnnd

The ability to save and upload\download replays! *orgasm*

GIMME NIGHTS SCANS DAMNT

Top Bottom