• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks thread of Famitsu Sex

giuliu

Banned
KingJ2002 said:
great capcom news... but i hope namco releases a new ridge racer and naruto shippuden game on the 360... just stop ubisoft from making the 360 games

except those two naruto games from ubi are great if you're a naruto fan...have you tried it?

Firestorm

Did people miss the topic on Blue Castle Games developing Dead Rising 2 a while back? Seems some are surprised by the announcement.

And good to see Namco is happy with 360 Vesperia sales. It would be a shame if they never used the engine again. Awesome game.

KingJ2002

giuliu said:
except those two naruto games from ubi are great if you're a naruto fan...have you tried it?

yep... they are good games... i just want that cool animation and fighting engine in the next 360 effort.

giuliu said:
I'd say they're terrible if you're a Naruto fan. Large parts of the story missing, unforgivable lack of important characters and fights, lots of major moments are broken down as fighting thugs or races. Broken Bond was hilariously incomplete - they didn't even bother to give Shikamaru a new rage mode model, he literally turns back in to a Genin.

Don't give Ubisoft credit where they don't deserve it.

Aselith

jarrod said:
They can keep publishing the Sting, Banpresto and Marvelous stuff. Success seems to be the main culprit for crap, but for The Dark Spire, I'll forgive them. :lol

Atlus should try to work a deal with Chunsoft, now that Sega's given up on them in the US. Shiren 3 and DS 2 seem right up Atlus' alley.

For this gen maybe but Metal Saga was an awesome game.

KingJ2002 said:
yep... they are good games... i just want that cool animation and fighting engine in the next 360 effort.
Okay, lets do this again:

Namco, CyberConnect2=Playstation

Ubisoft=Xbox

8ing, D3, Tomy=Nintendo

As for which ones the best? Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for GameCube.

BlazingDarkness said:
i'm guessing PS3 version is dead then
Well apparently the reason for the "delay" is due to UE3 problems and PS3. Although Sony did invest a lot in getting the tech up to speed on PS3 a while back(UT3 was the main example of that), so while a reason was given. I for one don't really buy it, after this long and still no news? If a PC version comes out first then it's safe to say 6 months-1 year before it hits PS3.

AFreak said:
Joke post?
No? He is right in terms of software attention. Sales are a different story, but it can only keep on for so long before the switch happens, since you need games to fuel sales and interest.

phez

Banned
giuliu said:

i think storm spoiled quite a few people. and hey, if 360 owners can get into that party, why not?

I'm as much of a 360 stan as the next beer-stained rowdy-rag waving Gears fan, but Sony has a good February coming up. Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Killzone 2 will all get me to turn on my PS3.

Tain

5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!

I almost doubt they'll be publishing more Cave games if DOJBLEX and Ketsui X are successful. Cave might want to stop licensing out now that they're self-publishing.

Atlus on 360 is neat, too.

biocat

Why is all the news from Famitsu 360? Do I seriously have to wait until Friday and buy an issue of the regular Famitsu before I can get more non-360 news?

manzo

Tain said:
5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!5pb!

I almost doubt they'll be publishing more Cave games if DOJBLEX and Ketsui X are successful. Cave might want to stop licensing out now that they're self-publishing.

I'm doing my part. No 360 shooter will be missing from my shelf. All on pre-order. >:)

RpgN

biocat said:
Why is all the news from Famitsu 360? Do I seriously have to wait until Friday and buy an issue of the regular Famitsu before I can get more non-360 news?

Just what I was thinking XD

king zell

biocat said:

there is nothing in Famitsu to post ..

AFreak said:
Joke post?

Not at all, 360 has been getting majority of Japanese developer love. PS3 gets scraps here and there. But just looking at the release schedule from a year ago to now. It's clear which console Japan favors. Which completely boggles my mind because the sales have been utter shit.

Aeana

Witchfinder General said:
Is it beyond all likelihood to believe that the Atlus 360ngame could be Persona 5?

Oh god how I would love that.

2.5 Persona games in 2 years wasn't enough? :\
I really hope they let that series rest for a little bit. SMT4, please.

Angelus Errare said:
Not at all, 360 has been getting majority of Japanese developer love. PS3 gets scraps here and there. But just looking at the release schedule from a year ago to now. It's clear which console Japan favors. Which completely boggles my mind because the sales have been utter shit.
Licensing fees + bluray fab costs? Who the fuck knows.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Aeana said:
2.5 Persona games in 2 years wasn't enough? :\
I really hope they let that series rest for a little bit. SMT4, please.

If they maintain their quality they can release one every week for all I care.

I want MOAR Persona.

RpgN said:
Then what is it?
Well I don't know if Son Of Godzilla was being serious or not, but licensing fees and bluray fab costs as a reason...last time I came across the price it was supposedly "pennies more" than what it costs for DVD. A more reasonable explanation would be that Microsoft is just really intent on making ground in Japan, and to that end they go for what Japanese gamers like. And they started this early on by getting Capcom on board with games like Dead Rising, Lost Planet and other developers. Really not that difficult.

CrushDance said:
Well I don't know if Son Of Godzilla was being serious or not, but licensing fees and bluray fab costs as a reason...last time I came across the price it was supposedly "pennies more" than what it costs for DVD. A more reasonable explanation would be that Microsoft is just really intent on making ground in Japan, and to that end they go for what Japanese gamers like. And they started this early on by getting Capcom on board with games like Dead Rising, Lost Planet and other developers. Really not that difficult.
Oh please. MS aren't capable of that.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Eteric Rice said:
Come on Japan, Wii needs more games. ;-;
Don't worry, apparently, the only games still coming out for HD consoles is stuff that was started a while back. Everything from now on will be for the Wii!

*reads thread*

Oops!

People should start listening to me.

RpgN

CrushDance said:
Well I don't know if Son Of Godzilla was being serious or not, but licensing fees and bluray fab costs as a reason. Microsoft is just really intent on making ground in Japan, and to that end they go for what Japanese gamers like. Really not that difficult.

As demonstrated by many multiplatform games in Japan, the ps3 version always sell more with quite a margin. Microsoft must have done something really good to make those devs turn their heads. Of course there is also the argument that many Japanese devs want to appeal to western audience too, but I don't know if that plan is really working besides the 2 Mistwalker games.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Link said:
Don't worry, apparently, the only games still coming out for HD consoles is stuff that was started a while back. Everything from now on will be for the Wii!

*reads thread*

Oops!

People should start listening to me.

What big games were announced this issue?

Aaron

RpgN said:
As demonstrated by many multiplatform games in Japan, the ps3 version always sell more with quite a margin. Microsoft must have done something really good to make those devs turn their heads.
Three words: naked karoke parties.

Top Bottom