• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks ZOMG JP magazine NEWSSS (PERSONA 3!!)

Ginko

duckroll said:
Okay I've read the entire preview and the interview with the director and character designer. Here are some details that will better explain what this "Append Disc" really is.

After Persona 3 was completed, the team sat down and thought about what they wanted to do for the fans before they went on to work on their next big project. They decided to study the feedback for SMT3 Maniax as well as what fans were interested in for a "Maniax" version of Persona 3. The result is Persona 3 Fes, with the Fes referring to how the game is pretty much a Fan Festival package targeted to meet the requests of those that enjoyed the game.

The Aegis Chapter takes place after the true ending of Persona 3 itself, and this is where the additional 30 hours of gameplay takes place. This expansion chapter will NOT forward the calendar of the game or work in the same way as the main game itself. Instead it is focused as a story and dungeon chapter with story segments and anime FMVs forward the story between dungeon segments.

As far as the storyline of the chapter goes....
It will be both a prequel and sequel to P3 in the sense that the focus on one hand is a new enemy that appears after the ending of the main story, but on the other hand to uncover the mystery of the new threat the characters will have to explore their own hidden pasts in previously untold flashback segments that reveal things about the characters not known before.

All the other elements of the expansion revealed previously takes place in the main game. I know this is bad news for those that don't want to replay P3 again (Bebpo ;_;) but that's how they've decided to do it.

To clarify, this means that upon starting a new game in any difficulty from this expansion, the new elements will be integrated into the game. This means 2 more datable female communities (Aegis and Elizabeth), 23 extra Persona, newly added events for character communities that have been maxed out, weapon synthesis at the equipment store, new things to do at the Shrine and costume changes for the characters.

Nice, thanks.

Just wish all this comes with the Us version too with no delays whatsoever.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
newly added events for character communities that have been maxed out
wasnt that one of bebpo complains? that when you maxed out a commu the ending or whatever was underwhelming...? looks like they fix it

duckroll

Error2k4 said:
wasnt that one of bebpo complains? that when you maxed out a commu the ending or whatever was underwhelming...? looks like they fix it

No...
He was trying to bone a girl and after going on a bunch of horrible dates with her he found out at the end that he was on the friend ladder.

I DON'T THINK THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE! :lol

Error

duckroll said:
No...
He was trying to bone a girl and after going on a bunch of horrible dates with her he found out at the end that he was on the friend ladder.

I DON'T THINK THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE! :lol
:lol owned

Woo @ Chocobo score.

FFXII sounds decent, but I was kinda hoping it'd be full 3D. I want full screenshots.

edit: oh hey there's scans in this thread... it actually looks pretty good.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Jonnyram is not impressed though. ;_;
That's not fair! FFCC and 12:RW are ZOMGworthy in my book. I just wasn't too ecstatic about P3Fes and T5DR, that's all. I mean, Tekken 5 is gonna be worth nought if it comes out after VF5, right? And I haven't touched a Persona game, so no hype for me there.

duckroll said:
No they don't. They have a direct link to a Japanese hosting service that's dying because of them. I already rehosted the pic and posted it in the FFCC thread some time ago!

Thanks duckroll!

klee123

Jonnyram said:
That's not fair! FFCC and 12:RW are ZOMGworthy in my book. I just wasn't too ecstatic about P3Fes and T5DR, that's all. I mean, Tekken 5 is gonna be worth nought if it comes out after VF5, right? And I haven't touched a Persona game, so no hype for me there.

Not according to the Tekken fans

B.K.

duckroll said:
Hmmm June's a little soon... are you sure they have time to translate all this:

It's Atlus. You know the June date won't stick. It'll be delayed at least once.

Danj

Atlus USA said:
Hi Dan,

We are aware of the release of the expansion for Persona 3, but no decisions have been finalized regarding this title as of now.

This is what I got when I emailed them earlier today. Make of it what you will.

Bebpo

Banned
Aurora said:
Ohhhh shiiiiit.

Uh, it's the GC game (which sucked) with Wii controls and new characters. Did you expect the battle system to magically get good?

The only good Bleach games are the Treasure DS ones.

Error

B.K. said:
It's Atlus. You know the June date won't stick. It'll be delayed at least once.
I dont see a reason to delay the game and if they know about the expansion pack chances are that they are working along side Atlus of Japan for the translation kinda like Trauma Center: Second Opinion which was released first here than in Japan.

duckroll said:

Wow, this looks gorgeous. For a developer who were starting to look washed up and strung out, S-E has been on a roll with the DS lately. Gambit system + larger cast + adorable 2D sprite characters = total win for me.

Supposedly Atlus U.S.A had started localizing P3 awhile ago, so maybe they intended to localize the maniax version of P3 the whole time and are just keeping under wraps.

Alot of people will be dissapointed if the U.S release of P3 doesn't include the extra content. I wonder if Atlus can really afford to piss off to many fans.

I don't think there was ever an offical January/ February release date from Atlus U.S.A, instead that was just a date that retailers made up.

All this FF talk makes me want to break out my FFXII game and start playing.. gah.. not yet.. have to concentrate on Wii/Zelda + my studies first!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is the best thread on the forum in some time. Nothing but good news, good quality games, and awesome art. Thanks guys. :D

ant1532

Banned
Woh, great issue. Never was interested in Persona though.. Looks a little too emo for my tastes. Anyways, thanks for pics and info

Error

Avalon said:
Thank you for all the information duckroll! :)

Damn, at least seven more months until it's NA release...
I dont care really, as long as we get the expansion pack!

duckroll

Kintaro said:
This is the best thread on the forum in some time. Nothing but good news, good quality games, and awesome art. Thanks guys. :D
ant1532 said:
Woh, great issue. Never was interested in Persona though.. Looks a little too emo for my tastes. Anyways, thanks for pics and info

This will get even BETTER when we get clean scans of the FFXIIRW pages! :D

ant1532

Banned
duckroll said:
This will get even BETTER when we get clean scans of the FFXIIRW pages! :D
Yay! But from what I can tell from the unclear scans it looks pretty good. Environments look real real nice. I like that snowy environment in the bottom pic.

And damn, it seems this spinoff has pretty much nothing to do with the FFXII story. Those wing characters(assuming they're a big part of the story from the title) is way different from any character in FFXII

Avalon

Error2k4 said:
I dont think we should be worried I mean we are getting the game almost a year after the game got released in Japan only for the normal edition? :/

I hope that's the case.

CrisKre

FF:CC stuff makes me aroused.

hope we get FFCC CB (wii) screens soon. Its bound to be oh so beautiful.

*hums filling of the crystal bucket song

Abel

Atlus USA said:
Hi Dan,

We are aware of the release of the expansion for Persona 3, but no decisions have been finalized regarding this title as of now.

This is more like PR speak for wait until we officially announce something about it :lol They already know about it which seems like a pretty good enough of a hint as well as the tentative release date jumping from Feb to Spring to now June 2007, I think we can put two and two together ;)

Edit: Another P3 Fes Scan that was missing from the previous bunch :)

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7097/persona3fesscan06du5.jpg

Shows Masakado, Abaddon, Kouryuu/Huang Long, and Cu Chulainn, not sure what it entails though because I think they were already Personae in the original P3 ver.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm terribly hyped for this game now. I was before, but now it's reaching clinically unsafe levels.

Bebpo

Banned
Abel said:
Edit: Another P3 Fes Scan that was missing from the previous bunch :)

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7097/persona3fesscan06du5.jpg

Shows Masakado, Abaddon, Kouryuu/Huang Long, and Cu Chulainn, not sure what it entails though because I think they were already Personae in the original P3 ver.

I think that is just a scan of the original P3 or there is a page in the new famitsu showing how the original P3 worked because all those pics are from the original version.

duckroll

Bebpo said:
I think that is just a scan of the original P3 or there is a page in the new famitsu showing how the original P3 worked because all those pics are from the original version.

Yes, there are 2 scans from the article that I did not rehost because they're a summary of original P3 stuff. Totally pointless. I give GAF only the GOOD stuff. :D

Top Bottom