• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This year marks the Earthworm Jim series' 20th Guh-roovy Anniversary

But we already have two and they're both better. It doesn't need to have a 4 on the end to be a continuation of the series.

But it does have to be A) actually, objectively better, and B) not feel like a reboot of the entire series. More Mega Man 9 than Mega Man: Powered Up.

We can do this all day. DKCR is not a true continuation of the series.

Silvawuff

I loved Earthworm Jim, as well as the short-lived animated series. Such a great platformer with a whole lot of spirit.

galvatron

I used to beat the SNES games 1 on hard and 2 as well (don't remember if it had difficulty levels on that one)...jeez am I old.

The cartoon was pretty great. I especially liked that evil was manufactured in Hoboken, NJ.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I find it overrated. First game had a lot of good ideas just not great execution as the controls in all of the Battletoads games feel loose. The Double Dragon crossover title was probably the best one.

Eh, I'd say the same thing about EWJ, honestly; they both lean on being pretty and having lots of gimmicks, but I feel Battletoads (the first one, at least) is better designed than EWJ, a game that suffers from the typical Virgin/Shiny "let's just vomit a bunch of platforms everywhere and hope for the best" level design.

We can do this all day.

Please don't.

Loofy

Did anyone ever beat the final level of EWJ2(where you race space crow) on the hardest setting? I mustve tried about a dozen times and I couldnt.

Top Bottom