• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic is 1.8 million words

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

There is some really, really amazing fanfic out there.

You just have to be willing to dig through a lot of crap to find it.

I however cannot speak for transformers, since I have no interest in reading transformers fic :p

What about a doctor who/sherlock crossover?

I too don't like transformers either, I did once.

Toa TAK

Banned
There is some really, really amazing fanfic out there.

You just have to be willing to dig through a lot of crap to find it.

I however cannot speak for transformers, since I have no interest in reading transformers fic :p

So much truth. Why isn't there a thread here for good fanfics? Not "awesome" fanfics...

What about a doctor who/sherlock crossover?

I too don't like transformers either, I did once.

Wholock, meh. I haven't found one I'd be interested in reading. There's even Superwholock. Again, meh. Crossovers aren't my thing.

Edit: I did however once read a fantastic Firefly/Doctor Who crossover, but that you know, makes a sort of sense.

So much truth. Why isn't there a thread here for good fanfics? Not "awesome" fanfics...

I'd be interested in one, but since fanfiction is often subjective too (if you don't like a pairing, it's automatically crap even if the writing is outstanding) I'd worry about people just endlessly trolling each other's choices. Also, since a lot of fanfic, even the good stuff, tends to have some parts that would be NSFW....I dunno.

Elija2

kxPqlZ6.jpg

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For obvious reasons. People want to read shit with characters they already know and people want to write stuff with characters they already know.

Toa TAK

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470671 :D

Well, ok, that's just one fanfic. But still!

Haha, reading your introduction to it sounds great. Going to read it now.

I'd be interested in one, but since fanfiction is often subjective too (if you don't like a pairing, it's automatically crap even if the writing is outstanding) I'd worry about people just endlessly trolling each other's choices. Also, since a lot of fanfic, even the good stuff, tends to have some parts that would be NSFW....I dunno.

I know there's excellent stuff without that. And yeah, reception to fanfics in general aren't all that, either (mainly because most of it is scary).

When card battles get real.

Dude. DUDE. First couple of seasons had me at the edge of my seat. And the movie.

collige

Banned
My Immortal is still the best fanfic of all time.

And then…………… suddenly just as I Draco kissed me passionately. Draco climbed on top of me and we started to make out keenly against a tree. He took of my top and I took of his clothes. I even took of my bra. Then he put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! ” I screamed. I was beginning to get an orgasm. We started to kiss everywhere and my pale body became all warm. And then….

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!”

It was…………………………………………………….Dumbledore!

Haha, reading your introduction to it sounds great. Going to read it now.

I know there's excellent stuff without that. And yeah, reception to fanfics in general aren't all that, either (mainly because most of it is scary).

Oh yeah, I've read some amazing fic without any romance at all, but as most fanfic writers are women, the vast majority will have some romance at least. Because us girls, we like the romance and smut. >.<

But you are right, the general reception to fanfic is one of the many reasons why I haven't started an 'actually awesome fanfic' thread, since I would imagine most of the posts would be trolls linking horrible crack fic or the like. I also haven't started an 'actually awesome fanvids' thread for similar reasons.

Edit: I still firmly believe that My Immortal was an elaborate troll on badfic written by a Harry Potter BNF in jest, because there is no way anyone could write something that bad and it not be on purpose.

Toa TAK

Banned
Oh yeah, I've read some amazing fic without any romance at all, but as most fanfic writers are women, the vast majority will have some romance at least. Because us girls, we like the romance and smut. >.<

But you are right, the general reception to fanfic is one of the many reasons why I haven't started an 'actually awesome fanfic' thread, since I would imagine most of the posts would be trolls linking horrible crack fic or the like. I also haven't started an 'actually awesome fanvids' thread for similar reasons.

This thread is an example of what would go wrong (or hilariously right).

I love this kind of stuff. Anyone also loves reading Bizarro Fiction like Carlton Mellick III etc? I am getting a similar vibe from those fanfics.

Maybe somebody could make a thread about them where we could share and talk about our favs? Dunno, how much interest is on gaf for that sort of thing though.

Cuyejo

Was it written by a single person?

Edit: Holy shit, apparently it was, some people really, REALLY have some time to waste...

siddhu33

Lol, it's the same length as the Hindu Epic story Mahabharata!

To put that in perspective, that's 10 times the length of the Iliad, and the Odeyssey COMBINED.

Amazing.

Slayven

I love this kind of stuff. Anyone also loves reading Bizarro Fiction like Carlton Mellick III etc? I am getting a similar vibe from those fanfics.

Maybe somebody could make a thread about them where we could share and talk about our favs? Dunno, how much interest is on gaf for that sort of thing though.

Bizarro seems like ad libs finished by methheads.

Cyan

Banned
But you are right, the general reception to fanfic is one of the many reasons why I haven't started an 'actually awesome fanfic' thread, since I would imagine most of the posts would be trolls linking horrible crack fic or the like.

I think it's doable, with proactive mod intervention. Maybe you can find a sympathetic mod that doesn't hate fanfic. :p

I think it's doable, with proactive mod intervention. Maybe you can find a sympathetic mod that doesn't hate fanfic. :p

Yes, please. Don't be afraid, Fiction!

Now this is something that I'm going to have to do huh?

I'm going to have to link stuff in the OP! Oh god.

Erm, PM me your number one recs folks who are serious about this, as I am only familiar with four or five fandoms.

Yes Cyan, I'll include your favorite too :p

Fan fiction, both to read and write, is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. I'd be super interested in seeing a thread that gathers some of the better examples, and perhaps some discussion on what separates the good from the bad.

G-Fex

fanfictions only lead to bad things. I'm begging you reconsider.

You mess with fanfictions you get things like 50 shades of grey

Verelios

Now this is something that I'm going to have to do huh?

I'm going to have to link stuff in the OP! Oh god.

Erm, PM me your number one recs folks who are serious about this, as I am only familiar with four or five fandoms.

Yes Cyan, I'll include your favorite too :p

Would be mildly interested in this. Hope you go for it!

Cimarron

I hate GAF sometimes. Before this thread existed thought I read all the Phantasy Star fiction there was in existence on Geocities. Now i have more fuel for more addiction. Thank a lot GAF. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom