• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok Review Thread

?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LotusHD

Banned
This Valkyrie love these reviews seem to have is everything, love Tessa Thompson

But yeah, can't wait to watch this already

I feel like reviewers have been put on a spell when it comes to the Marvel movies. Homecoming was such a vacuous, middling movie and reviewers fawned all over it. Iron Man 2 would be hailed today for its fun, comedic take.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself man.

Guys, we're getting a GOOD Thor movie.

IT'S HAPPENING.

I know!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
One of the reviews mentioned that it's around 2 hours long. I guess the reports from a while back that this will have a run time of only over an hour were all hogwash? Not that I'm complaining

130 minutes, according to the BBFC.

No lies detected.

See, the Marvel movies are the epitome of the popcorn flick.

Good fun, charismatic actors, lush visuals, and not bound by too many laws of realism that seem to make films like Snakes on a Plane fall flat.

I'm not surprised they review well, hell even Suicide Squad did well enough because people like the characters.

Suicide Squad reviewed horribly.

Any other notable reviews that people feel I should add to the OP? Have had a tweetdeck column open looking for stuff, seems to have slowed down but I may have missed a few.

jph139

Not shocked. Waititi + Marvel was always going to hit a home run with the critics.

Glad to hear that Valkyrie is fun, though. She's got a great look, would be shame for the character itself didn't deliver.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
EBPnaGb.png

xTIr0Mv.gif
xb6YtiQ.png

BumRush

I either prefer super-gritty (Nolan's Batmans) or fun / funny (GotGs). Most of the comic-based movies in the middle miss the mark for me a bit (despite thoroughly enjoying many). Sounds like this is going to be firmly in the fun / funny bucket, which has me PUMPED!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Anyone want to place bets on whether or not Marvel announces Waititi coming back for Thor 4 before Ragnarok even releases? Seems like one of those situations.

(Though they do want to keep their phase 4 slate on lockdown so that might not happen here.)

Fhtagn

Anyone want to place bets on whether or not Marvel announces Waititi coming back for Thor 4 before Ragnarok even releases? Seems like one of those situations.

(Though they do want to keep their phase 4 slate on lockdown so that might not happen here.)

Feige already said they want to work with him again. Who knows on what though.

shira

Roster changes after Infinity War

Shaanyboi

Banned
No lies detected.

See, the Marvel movies are the epitome of the popcorn flick.

Good fun, charismatic actors, lush visuals, and not bound by too many laws of realism that seem to make films like Snakes on a Plane fall flat.

I'm not surprised they review well, hell even Suicide Squad did well enough because people like the characters.
No, people liked Suicide Squad's marketing. Outside of the usual Harley and Joker fans, nobody gives a fuck about Deadshot, Rick Flagg, Captain Boomerang, Enchantress, or anyone else. And Suicide Squad ensured they never will.

Glass Rebel

They're definitely working with Taika again if he's up for it, they're not gonna announce Thor 4 any time soon though.

Give Taika the next Guardians team after GOTG3 so Gunn can do Thunderbolts.

...I could get behind this.

BadAss2961

I feel like reviewers have been put on a spell when it comes to the Marvel movies. Homecoming was such a vacuous, middling movie and reviewers fawned all over it. Iron Man 2 would be hailed today for its fun, comedic take.
You're not the only one. lol

Iron Man 2 was comfortably "fresh" btw. Iron Man 3 was even worse but scored better.

No Thor 4 most likely.

ZeoVGM

Banned
You're not the only one. lol

Iron Man 2 was comfortably "fresh" btw. Iron Man 3 was even worse but scored better.

But Iron Man 3 is great.

And Iron Man 2 is at 72% so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It isn't a horrific movie like Suicide Squad. It's a flawed movie with a number of issues. Ending up at 72% of critics giving it an above average review makes sense.

HeySeuss

Valkarie looks great but her delivery on the "here we go" line is terrible. I wish they'd quit showing it in the trailers.

i agree the spiderman fawning was a little too much, especially when some said it was the best spiderman ever, ehhh

Top Bottom