• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor: Ragnarok |OT|

I really did not like the comedy in the movie. I get that Marvel has always been light-hearted, but I felt like there wasn't a single cool action scene in it where they didn't say "How can the characters fuck this up so this can be funny instead of cool?"

The same joke was repeated in so many situations and I really started to wish that they just let cool moments be cool moments.

Mjdemon

Neo Member
Might see it for a 3rd time today. Currently in LA and the sis hasn't seen it yet so perfect reason to see it again. Were gonna see it at the El Capitan which would've been awesome but didn't work out.

If you didn't know, I had a blast watching it. Some of the best Thor action and just some of the best comedy in general. As we get closer and closer to IW I didn't think we'd get new characters that I'd wanna see interact with others. Just thinking of Korg and Groot speaking has me smiling.

Discourse

I'm a HUGE fan of Taika Waititi's previous films so the comedy was just what I was looking for. It's the most fun I've had in a movie theatre in a long while. The whole audience was laughing loudly.

longdi

Banned
I really did not like the comedy in the movie. I get that Marvel has always been light-hearted, but I felt like there wasn't a single cool action scene in it where they didn't say "How can the characters fuck this up so this can be funny instead of cool?"

The same joke was repeated in so many situations and I really started to wish that they just let cool moments be cool moments.

Same, something about the comedy here seems recycled, better than Gotg2 but quite a way off from gotg1. I am gradually weaning off MCU jokes with every new movie.

I still like Thor movies for the asgard/space scenes.

Top Bottom