• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those poor kids. New Zealand mom name her kids Metallica, Slayer and Pantera.

INC

waynes world party on GIF

Lanrutcon

Oh boy, you guys would loooove my country.

It's a popular custom in the rural areas to name your kid after what profession you want them to practice or attribute you want them to have.

Meeting someone named Friendly, Doctor, Patience or Lovely is incredibly common.

TheMan

It's a popular custom in the rural areas to name your kid after what profession you want them to practice or attribute you want them to have.

Meeting someone named Friendly, Doctor, Patience or Lovely is incredibly common.

nigeria?

Lanrutcon

isn’t Elon South African? I wonder if Elon means something there

Yeah, he's from here. "Elon" isn't a very common name around here. I actually don't know if it means anything, but Elon himself can't even speak any of the local languages.

Tschumi

My sister in law named her kids bravery, poem and emperor in Japanese... Probably a good thing they live overseas lol

Toots

Gold Member
This one is a classic!
There was another old school one like this one with a long-haired white dude named Wolfhart Ironbane or some fantasy name like that, but i can't seem to find it anywhere...
Those two were the goats

So whats your name?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Reminds me if English names the Chinese take - full of Mango, Cherry, Peach, alternatively Edwin, Raymond, etc.

I think Tucker, I think Fox News cunt.
Ole George had a great but about names and how manly they weren't. Classic.

Last edited:
Surprised the state allowed that - in many countries in the world the public administration can refuse the name if they think it will bring ridicule to the child later on.
I hear some children called Mohammed or Jesus. I think Allah, Elohim and YWHY should be open to name or chosen gender pronouns.

In any case since I intend to give birth to a law giver idea, a digital lifeform able to warp the fundamental laws, the laws of mortal creatures do not apply to my child.

Top Bottom