• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022

CamHostage

New game from the Dangerous Driving developer (ex-pats of Criterion's Burnout crew.) Interesting...

dbiQEwF.jpg

Last edited:

CamHostage

Here's the really good-looking hunting game, Way of the Hunter. (It's by a new studio, but they have ties to Bohemia Interactive and I think also maybe a studio some people might remember called Cauldron?)

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
"He never misses a shot."

Proceeds to miss a shot.

Not seeing anything that is really grabbing me from THQ NORDIQ here, all seems like bargain bin games for me so far, a couple games I'd consider when they are dirt cheap.

CamHostage

HA! So THQ picked up publishing of the new AEW game? Yukes, making wrestling games, for THQ... It's the 2000s all over again...

EDIT - And South Park?! THQ is back, baybeeee, pull out your flipphone and tell a friend!

Last edited:

YuLY

For all the money this company throws around, buying this and that...they still only make mostly indie-like or at best AA games with super niche appeal. They are like a Devolver, but actually have billions to throw around...so weird. I dont get it.

"He never misses a shot."

Proceeds to miss a shot.

Not seeing anything that is really grabbing me from THQ NORDIQ here, all seems like bargain bin games for me so far, a couple games I'd consider when they are dirt cheap.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, that or good game pass/ps+ content

CamHostage

STILL no date for the Gothic 1 Remake?

Come to think of it, I don't think anything has had a date attached/mentioned? (Even the Spongebob game didn't list a date, and that's a past-gen game) Some of these games are coming up for pre-order though, so maybe THQ might give some kind of timeline at the end or after the show.

Last edited:
Even if you didn't like some of the games shown, this is an absolutely perfect example of what a third party conference/showcase should be. Perfect pacing, perfect amounts of gameplay shown, fun reveals, and perfect amount of information told about a game afterwards to leave you curious enough to look it up yourself. Other third party publishers should study this conference for future reference, especially the publishers that waste people's time with a 30 minute dialogue and barely any footage for 1 to 3 games(we all know who). The AEW segment was the only small misstep, but otherwise this was incredible.

For all it's worth, this show was an A+ in my book.

Outcast 2 and Alone in the Dark have me mildly excited. Gothic, still looks too early for anything but I hope it's good. Jagged Alliance looks fun. Was expecting a bigger show since THQ Nordic owns 1/3 of the industry.

What the hell is the ex-burnout dev team doing? It looks devoid of personality, doesn't look to have proper deformation, and overlap with Stunfest in THQ's product line up which looks infinitely better. They should be working their way back to a proper next gen Burnout, not this bargain bin trackmania.

j0hnnix

Need to see more of Gothic. Alone in the dark looks ok.

Missed the first 30mins so catching up on the stream.

Sentenza

After the horrible demo, i'm not too confident about Gothic. However i have incredibly fond memories playing it as a child so i want to give it a chance
Apparently literally nothing of the demo was kept for the remake, since "it was clear they were moving in the wrong direction with that one". Unless the devs lied about it, of course.

Last edited:

CamHostage

What the hell is the ex-burnout dev team doing? It looks devoid of personality, doesn't look to have proper deformation, and overlap with Stunfest in THQ's product line up which looks infinitely better. They should be working their way back to a proper next gen Burnout, not this bargain bin trackmania.

I am confused why THQ invested in two different stunt games (they have differences, but they also look pretty cannibalistic.)

It's a small team though, and getting into procedural generation and UGC makes sense. Plus, this is still in their wheelhouse of expertise (there's a lot of Crash Mode in this concept,) and the description reads like there's still a lot of traditional open-world driving systems in there too, so it could work.

I would assume Dangerous Driving 2 evolved into Wreckreation (it feels unlikely they could be making both?) Maybe they just got into a pitch for an "indie-made Burnout Paradise" for a publisher and ran into a wall with the moneymen where "just" driving fast on real streets wasn't enough, and adding on rollercoaster tracks suddenly pushed it to the next level.

Fbh

Oh, ha, Outcast 2, I almost forgot about this game, but I'm looking forward to it.

Interesting, I thought the new Outcast was coming to all platforms (including Switch) but now they only list next-gen+PC.

Never played the original but that looks pretty fun.
They are also talking about focusing on exploring on your own and progressing the story in a non linear way which sounds nice.

Top Bottom