• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
Wow, and Take Two was one of the few publishers who didn't already have an Austin, TX developer

Ridley327

Feb 7, 2005
Wow, that really sucks for Vigil. I guess those guys could try applying at Retro since they're just down the road, but the Darksiders IP going on without them is sad.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dec 9, 2006
Vigil is dead. Their lead combat designer just tweeted asking if anyone was looking to hire.

:(

Oct 19, 2007
Aw snap
I wonder what happened to Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I've been hoping that it pops up on PSN as a pS2 classic

But didn't Darksiders II bomb sales-wise, and word of mouth was from gamers pretty bad? 1 good game followed by 1 disappointment doesn't make them any attractive buy I'd guess.

It had shipped 1.4 million back in November which THQ described as below expectations although I think their expectations at that point were "oh dear god please save this company"

iavi

Jun 8, 2010
Has anything been said about Devil's Third? I know it's been halted for a sec now, but last I heard THQ still held the IP in search of a buyer.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
Okay, so based on the reports from Manveer's twitter, we have:

- Ubisoft acquires South Park: Stick of Truth and THQ Montreal
- Take2 acquires Turtle Rock's project
- Sega acquires Relic
- Koch Media acquires Volition
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

Mechazawa

May 31, 2011
Tragic, I hope you know that I am grateful to you for fixing Darksider's combat. Practically the reason I bought the game.

Hopefully whoever decides to carry that franchise on doesn't completely abandon what you put into it.

Has anything been said about Devil's Third? I know it's been halted for a sec now, but last I heard THQ still held the IP in search of a buyer.

Devil's Third hasn't been associated with THQ in a while. Last thing we heard was that Valhalla partnered up with Doobic for some kind of PC/mobile version.

Pooya

Aug 12, 2009

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

yeah. there are some Crytek -> Homefront rumors too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nov 3, 2007

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

huh..poor Vigil.

Volition under Deep Sliver/Koch Media is better than EA.

Quentyn

Sep 2, 2011

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

He just tweeted that Koch Media gets Metro as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.