• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread Recovery Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

I mean privacy is kinda a chickenshit reason given that it wasn't a problem for 15 years, but whatever I'll play by that rule.

Is there a way to get old OT threads to show up in my subscriptions so I can at least provide a link? You don't have to give access to the threads themselves. There's probably a bunch of threads I want, but can't see and don't remember off the top of my head.

I mean privacy is kinda a chickenshit reason given that it wasn't a problem for 15 years, but whatever I'll play by that rule.

Is there a way to get old OT threads to show up in my subscriptions so I can at least provide a link? You don't have to give access to the threads themselves. There's probably a bunch of threads I want, but can't see and don't remember off the top of my head.

... *sigh*

can i please have this one recovered?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889463

star trek enterprise lttp

this is going to get ridiculous.

Lucumo

Finding some of them was also difficult so the decision to bring back the original OT will benefit everyone.

This was pretty obvious from the beginning when it was first announced that we could ask for threads to be brought back. I guess you could have saved yourselves some time if you had just listened to me/us :p

Does this mean I can see my old Ghost-Age threads again? If so, good. I would hate to lose those amazing stories. Also I can't help but feel that the, uh, other forums growth and recent slowness of this one has prompted these changes.

Dark Rider

Would everyone subscription page and post history be restored completely?

EDIT: what I want to ask is the changes made everyone subscription page broken since their subbed threads are no longer there so would this restoration just re-add all the old subs back automatically?

Zoe

Would everyone subscription page and post history be restored completely?

EDIT: what I want to ask is the changes made everyone subscription page broken since their subbed threads are no longer there so would this restoration just re-add all the old subs back automatically?
I retained my OT subscriptions. Only the OT community subs disappeared.

Dark Rider

I retained my OT subscriptions. Only the OT community subs disappeared.

I was afraid to even look but I heard members say it was effected.
So I guess the subscription links still there but once clicked it lead to inaccessible log-in page.

So I need to resub to all my OT community threads?

Zoe

I was afraid to even look but I heard members say it was effected.
So I guess the subscription links still there but once clicked it lead to inaccessible log-in page.

So I need to resub to all my OT community threads?

The link won't be there unless it gets moved back into the visible forum, but once it gets there you shouldn't have to do anything. I even retained my subs to threads that got moved into community on the first day.

Community was the odd one, at least for me.

Dark Rider

The link won't be there unless it gets moved back into the visible forum, but once it gets there you shouldn't have to do anything. I even retained my subs to threads that got moved into community on the first day.

Community was the odd one, at least for me.

Thank you, at least I won't have to resub to the OT threads but if I can't see the link while it's in the invisible forum it means that it is possible to create a new invisible forum and move some threads there before restoring the main OT, most people wouldn't know since they can't even see the links and most likely don't remember all the threads they subbed to.

Yes I didn't check my subs page yet but if OT community subs are gone then people will need to go over them and resub.

Is there an ETA on the restoration of the full archive?
Will it be on the OT board, or moved to the OT Community board?

Any chance of other threads being moved if there's a long wait?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
There is no need for this thread anymore.

All threads has been restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom