• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new Evil Within Videos featuring Adam Sessler

antitrop

I'm glad it was posted before I can even see the videos because it shows me gore will be a non-issue and that the enemy reaction will be accurate as heck. Let people enjoy what they want, it's sad that after that gif was posted everyone shut down and no othera appeared.

You want enemy reactions? I got enemy reactions (from an old vid, tho)

giphy.gif

Teknoman

I have no idea what it is about this game that brings out the most stick up the butt people getting agitated about the smallest things, shotgun gif was epic because this is a freaking horror game.

I'm glad it was posted before I can even see the videos because it shows me gore will be a non-issue and that the enemy reaction will be accurate as heck. Let people enjoy what they want, it's sad that after that gif was posted everyone shut down and no othera appeared.

The power of negativity and pompous elitist trying to dictate how to be excited..sorry people geek out when they're excited, but gaming is a geek hobby, if you're in a thread about a game on gaf, you are a geek, you lost your "cool" card here the moment you chose the avatars you did.

But I'm a cool geek...

Lol I get what you are saying.

Lucent

You're missing my point, when we draw a line at what someone can be excited about you get people being apprehensive about sharing, hence this gif less thread.

Yeah I just wouldn't listen to them. I'm sure everyone gets hyped over something someone else would find not so great. Not like it stopped people from filling Destiny threads with gifs. We're hyped for the game. Anything that helps reassure us of the game's quality or shows something that's cool is worth getting excited about. Being able to get a satisfying headshot that results in a gory explosion is awesome and I can't wait to do that.

Late Flag

I'm with everybody else that this reminds me so much of RE4, right down to the character models. My hype level has definitely escalated for this one.

AsfaeksBR

Hey GUYS, Resident Evil was BEER, Evil Within is WINE

yeah EW > RE confirmed boys

Resident Evil is a game you enjoy gathered with your friends while eating and having fun.

The Evil Within is a game you have to appreciate alone, or at least no more than 2 people on the room, quietly and confortable.

Kind of surprised that pacing wasn't mentioned by Mikami as a mark of his directing. His games are some of the best-paced, ever. Ten straight hours of RE4 feels more like two.

so what he's saying is, its not quite Resident Evil 4, but its not quite Amnesia either

Its something you have to experience for yourself

Awesome to see more people are getting hyped for this game now. I'm avoiding watching any videos on it beyond the TGS trailer and the early ones I watched ages ago, but it's great to hear people's impressions are good!

I bought a PS4 a few weeks ago, more as a future investment than because I absolutely "needed" to play any single game on it, but this game is easily the one I'm anticipating playing on it the most.

Lum1n3s

Awesome to see more people are getting hyped for this game now. I'm avoiding watching any videos on it beyond the TGS trailer and the early ones I watched ages ago, but it's great to hear people's impressions are good!

I bought a PS4 a few weeks ago, more as a future investment than because I absolutely "needed" to play any single game on it, but this game is easily the one I'm anticipating playing on it the most.
Same here, as far as anything goes the only thing I've seen is the first video they released which was like the first ten minutes of gameplay where he's running away from the butcher guy. Can't wait to get this on the PC and max the crap out of it.

In the first video at the 47 seconds mark it looks like you get to control Julie since the character looks to be all in white with no black vest like Sebastian. Unless it's footage from the DLC....if it's even Julie! :p

-MD-

In the first video at the 47 seconds mark it looks like you get to control Julie since the character looks to be all in white with no black vest like Sebastian. Unless it's footage from the DLC....if it's even Julie! :p

Good eye. All 3 protagonists have a white undershirt so it could be any of them really.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ah, nice to see ol Sess following Keighley. From writing about games to just outright shilling them. =)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Here's how it's gonna go:

Sebastian starts the game in some ballin' ass coat
Loses coat shortly into it

but this time, even later he loses the vest!

Mikami toying with playerbase expectations, meta psychological horror going on.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Good god, there's a select few of cynical fu**s giving people a hard time in this thread and it's incredibly pathetic.

Survival-Horror fans get a few games every couple years, the majority of them are mediocre if not outright bad. So now, after years of waiting, we're getting closer to playing a survival-horror game created by the godfather of survival-horror, which I also might add is being touted as a RETURN to classic survival-horror, yet some people feel the need to poo-poo other's excitement.

For shame...

Whether the gif was warranted or not is subjective. No need to rag on somebody for it. It's a stupid argument anyways, it's a gif, who cares? This is a stupid post too considering I feel the need to address a god damn hissy fit over a gif.

now get off my lawn dammit.

I'm stoked for this game, have been since it the concept art was released a few years back and these videos really add to it. Sessler asked some great questions and Mikami provided some great answers. Dude looks chill as can be and seems confident with the game they have. Can't wait till October 14th.

My prediction is that this will be a sleeper hit. Not gang busters but definitely successful. I hope it's successful enough to knock some sense into the fools over at CAPCOM who call the shots in regards to the Resident Evil franchise.

Bacon

This game was not even remotely on my radar until I stumbled into this thread today. Didn't realize just how similar it was to RE4, a game I loved.

This went from a game I didn't even know about to a possible day one purchase for me.

Sanctuary

Err, Mikami's initial response to the question about what makes a game SV or not seemed super generic. The definition that the producer gave was just as generic but with more words. Basically they both said the same thing. What makes a game SV?

1. Horror
2. Fun

Yeah okay. By that definition any "horror" game is SV (which means RE5/6 are too) because why play a game that's not fun to you? Him talking about how they adjusted the player speed due to the more open areas explains a lot about why the walk-jog looks so off. It's like they had his animation done, it looked good, but then they felt the player still moved too slowly, so they just sped it up without altering the animation. I am just pointing out the silly parts, but overall it was a good interview and I liked much of what they had to say about their process.

rapid32.5

Bethesda really should push for releasing a great demo, the game will sell at least 2x more copies. I just have a feeling many people do not know how awesome it's gonna be. RE4 demo sold me on the GameCube and I didn't game for the system at all back then.

Teknoman

Bethesda really should push for releasing a great demo, the game will sell at least 2x more copies. I just have a feeling many people do not know how awesome it's gonna be. RE4 demo sold me on the GameCube and I didn't game for the system at all back then.

I second this. Also demo release BEFORE the actual game release. Sucks when it happens afterwards.

djshauny

Banned
Good god, there's a select few of cynical fu**s giving people a hard time in this thread and it's incredibly pathetic.

Survival-Horror fans get a few games every couple years, the majority of them are mediocre if not outright bad. So now, after years of waiting, we're getting closer to playing a survival-horror game created by the godfather of survival-horror, which I also might add is being touted as a RETURN to classic survival-horror, yet some people feel the need to poo-poo other's excitement.

For shame...

Whether the gif was warranted or not is subjective. No need to rag on somebody for it. It's a stupid argument anyways, it's a gif, who cares? This is a stupid post too considering I feel the need to address a god damn hissy fit over a gif.

now get off my lawn dammit.

I'm stoked for this game, have been since it the concept art was released a few years back and these videos really add to it. Sessler asked some great questions and Mikami provided some great answers. Dude looks chill as can be and seems confident with the game they have. Can't wait till October 14th.

My prediction is that this will be a sleeper hit. Not gang busters but definitely successful. I hope it's successful enough to knock some sense into the fools over at CAPCOM who call the shots in regards to the Resident Evil franchise.

What gif?

Top Bottom