• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new videos of BF4 on X1

I'm guessing it was in 720p?

Thats what I have heard, and it certainly fit the bill.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was even sub 720p. I usually don't notice shit like that, but it definitely looked lower res. But then again ive been playing a lot of PC games lately

8zaAHI7.png

I preferred that one reply with the buttcheeks in it.

xAb6vjV.gif

GodofWine

Does the game look fast to anyone else..like COD fast?

Im so sick of seeing close quarters BF4 vids, If I want CQC I'll buy CODMW2, show me tanks rolling out to battle with Helicopters in support...DICE!

Comments on the vids are gold, I imagine the site gets trolled heavily since it is mostly associated with sony.

Im so sick of seeing close quarters BF4 vids, If I want CQC I'll buy CODMW2, show me tanks rolling out to battle with Helicopters in support...DICE!

Comments on the vids are gold, I imagine the site gets trolled heavily since it is mostly associated with sony.

It is 60fps

They aren't really showing off anything big. For instance the map I played on earlier was a small domination map and it did feel fairly fast for an 8 v 8 match in BF. I am sure a 32 v 32 Rush match is oging to be a little slower paced.

Timu

Thats what I have heard, and it certainly fit the bill.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was even sub 720p. I usually don't notice shit like that, but it definitely looked lower res. But then again ive been playing a lot of PC games lately
...That would suck, lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, the new build looks way better.

In addition to there being no shadows, the textures are noticeably worse in that pic. Good to see it's coming along. Now if only we could get direct-feed videos and screens.
Looking at the two videos and it seems DICE claiming they overcame hurdles was actually true and not just a nice way of saying they downgraded.

Yoday

Noticed jaggies from that footage? That's some damn fine eyesight you have there.
It's not that hard to see the jaggies. You have to be actively looking at finer details since it is off-screen footage, but it's plainly there all over the place. If the XB1 version is still running at 720p when it launches then they are going to need some pretty good AA in place or it is going to look pretty rough.

gtx 670 and even on medium settings I had insane stutter and it was borderline unplayable ( well below 20 fps dips). Latest nvidia drivers too.

I know this is just typical beta technical issues but the console version I played ( which also had issues) was at least playable.

Weird, I have a GTX670(although it's a 4GB model) and I got around 55 FPS with everything at max except the AA which I had at 4X instead of 8. Hopefully it's resolved soon!

netBuff

Noticed jaggies from that footage? That's some damn fine eyesight you have there.

I played it in person: It's extremely jaggy on the Xbone, the low resolution is readily apparent. There was also some noticeable pop in, texture quality didn't impress either.

Abriael

Banned
I played it in person: It's extremely jaggy on the Xbone, the low resolution is readily apparent. There was also some noticeable pop in, texture quality didn't impress either.

this actually conflicts with every report I heard about it. The only common denominator is the low resolution textures.

netBuff

Eh, when many "idiots" tell me the same thing, I tend to take things with a grain of salt :D

This is not even debatable, the game looked as I described on Xbone. I've had first-hand experience, you are talking with authority about things you haven't seen. Others in this thread are telling you as well.

Abriael

Banned
This is not even debatable, the game looked as I described on Xbone. I've had first-hand experience, you are talking with authority about things you haven't seen. Others in this thread are telling you as well.

Everything is debatable. All the people I talked to played the game as well. So if your report conflicts with theirs, you'll forgive me if I take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I don't have a horse in the race. I'll play the game exclusively on PC, but while aliasing would be hard to see on off-screen videos, pop-in should be visible, especially if it's as evident as you describe. and I don't really see any.

Gaz_RB

At least at the event I went to, the TV suffered horrible input lag, which made aiming quite a challenge.

That's so weird, why would they do that an event where they're trying to show the game off? You can definitely seem him jerking the reticule around more than usual

netBuff

Everything is debatable. All the people I talked to played the game as well. So if your report conflicts with theirs, you'll forgive me if I take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I don't have a horse in the race. I'll play the game exclusively on PC, but while aliasing would be hard to see on off-screen videos, pop-in should be visible, especially if it's as evident as you describe. and I don't really see any.

The pop in may have been a bug, as I don't remember any the second time I played (although I didn't specifically look for it, it was extremely obvious when it happened). But if the people telling you about their experiences didn't mention aliasing, they are unreliable: It's just that obvious, no other way around it.

Multiple people mentioned the low resolution even in this thread.

bidguy

Banned
They aren't really showing off anything big. For instance the map I played on earlier was a small domination map and it did feel fairly fast for an 8 v 8 match in BF. I am sure a 32 v 32 Rush match is oging to be a little slower paced.

there is no 32 vs 32 rush

at least not official and even on custom servers, 64 player rush is godawful

Heysoos

Have they shown any gameplay on consoles for 64 players? This is getting a little worrying, the game is only a couple of weeks away.

Timu

The pop in may have been a bug, as I don't remember any the second time I played (although I didn't specifically look for it, it was extremely obvious when it happened). But if the people telling you about their experiences didn't mention aliasing, they are unreliable: It's just that obvious, no other way around it.

Multiple people mentioned the low resolution even in this thread.
Is the X1 version even using FXAA?

shinnn

It was the video connected to this screenshot.

captureorrvu.png
Yeap. I think that area is covered by shadows. That video was so fucked up that you cant even recognize things like this.

Comments like these almost make me believe none of you actually look at the sites and just comment in the thread. They cover all platforms.

oO What? I'm guessing this is the first time you heard of DualShockers...
Yes I've heard of them before. Always related to some console wars going on. Both you guys went here to "defend" that site tells me a lot too.

Top Bottom