• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Rogers reviews Final Fantasy VII Remake for 3+ hours

Bullet Club

The premiere episode of ACTION BUTTON REVIEWS. I reviewed the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

This video consists of an intro, seven "discs," and an epilogue.

Some of the audio isn't great. I'm sorry. I did the best I could. The pop filters I have been ordering since the beginning of March literally all got lost in the mail. I fixed the pops as best I could. Then a pop filter finally arrived the day after I finished editing. So did the chair I also ordered in March. That's hilarious! This darn virus broke my lungs AND (damaged) my back. Oh well!

its_Ditz

Tim Rogers.

giphy.gif

That guy rakes in more than 11k dollars just with his patreon alone. This guy doesn't have that much audience but his audience surely loves him.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
At that point, why not just *play the game*?

Rhetorical question. I know there are people who just want to watch this because they're weirdos with too much time on their hands.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Python:
if life_has_value == True:
  youtube.escape()

else:
  youtube.play()

Python:
import sepuku from honorlib
import manofgreattastes from honorlib

yt_cringe = 1

def anhero():
    sepuku

main():   

if yt_person_1 == yt_cringe:
    anhero()
    main()

if yt_person_1 != yt_cringe:
    manofgreattastes(praisethesun)

elif:
    exit()
EDIT: I had to stop myself from trying to create this as an actual program >.> Not putting that much effort towards a joke

Last edited:

bronxct1

Anyone know why some video game Youtubers use giant mics like DJs use at radio stations? Brad Sams is another one.

I have a Blue Yeti that I use for work calls and its massive, but relatively cheap and good quality. When I'm on Zoom calls you see it in the frame and it looks even larger than it actually is. I think some people are just able to hide the mics out of frame on their desk or are able to afford good quality shotgun mics that don't require being close to your mouth to not pick up the background noise.

Miles708

I loved his RDR2 review and I honestly think his Dragon Quest XI review is the most genuinely entertaining video-article I've ever seen.
...but I'm not spending 3 hours of my free time on a review.

If it was some kind of overaching analysis piece, like the ones made by Noah Caldwell Gervais, then maybe.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
I once saw a home video of Tim Rogers and some random chick playing/reviewing FFVII recorded before he went to Japan I believe. It's awesome coming full circle but no, I will not give this man three hours of my life.

Erdrick

I enjoyed his DQ11 reviews both on PS4 and Switch. Once I finish FF7r, I'll give this a look. I always remember him more from Insert Credit over Kotaku anyway. It's certainly going to be a time investment, that's for sure.

Sign

-Aerith is best girl.
-Kingdom Hearts owns
-I trust Tetsuya Nomura

The absolute madman.

I would not really consider this a review but a deep dive analysis. The opening is just him explaining his methodology, but everything else was quite enjoyable.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought the game, put time into it, finished it, and it was great. Waiting for part II, but 3 hours for a review? At least wait until they finish the game.

I have contemplated and thought hard about the games I play, but I couldn’t put together a 3 hour video review for a game that isn’t even finished yet. It’s like you’re trying to do what Square-Enix is doing, making a game for old and new fans. I am impressed by the length people go to for things they enjoy, but this is like “I will tell you why Final Fantasy VII was good and why each thing matters”. After a while it comes off like “hey dummy, lemme break down that game you finished X amount of times over the course of 20 years”.

It’s like buying the game, finishing it multiple times, buying it multiple times again, and then replaying the game wasn’t enough. I borderline feel like this guy’s video is excessive, but each to their own.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Finish the first 2 chapters of FFVII Remake or watch this? Hmm....?

Rran

Tim Roger's Dragon Quest XI review is still probably my favorite video review of any game. I'd probably watch a 3 hour review of his on a Switch game, but I'm not too interested in FF7.

JSoup

Banned
Reminds me of this one guy I found a while back. Was one of those uber-nerd types and had made an hour long analysis video about Tetris Effect. At the start it seemed like it was all going to be just complaining, but it quickly turned into an actual analysis. Like, stats and actual differences between Tetris types. Surprisingly interesting.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Damn, 3h? I usually skip reviews that are longer than 5 minutes. I probably wouldn't even make it to the "please like, drop a comment, subscribe and dink that notification bell! Cheers!".

Vaelka

3 hours lol?

There's a Youtuber called '' Mauler '' who I've seen people complain about because he makes long videos like that too, the only videos of his that I've watched is when he did a response to Hbomberguys video on Dark Souls 2 tho and I think that video series is a good example of where spending that time makes sense.
He literally goes through and responds to the video sentence by sentence so yeah it ends up being hours upon hours long.
I can understand the length at that point and I like how thorough he was in that video series.

But do you really need 3 hours to review a video game?
I think that at that point you're really just droning on and on and wasting time.
If it's an analysis it makes more sense but not a review.

bender

What time is it?
Python:
if life_has_value == True:
  youtube.escape()

else:
  youtube.play()
Python:
import sepuku from honorlib
import manofgreattastes from honorlib

yt_cringe = 1

def anhero():
    sepuku

main():  

if yt_person_1 == yt_cringe:
    anhero()
    main()

if yt_person_1 != yt_cringe:
    manofgreattastes(praisethesun)

elif:
    exit()
EDIT: I had to stop myself from trying to create this as an actual program >.> Not putting that much effort towards a joke

Top Bottom