• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Schafer on Psychonauts BC

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Complaining worked for Criterion to get Black working on the 360 in record time, so we will see if this works.

VideoMan said:
Just think, Tim. Had you released Psychonauts on the GameCube your game would be completely playable on the Wii, which might be the best selling (and certainly the most affordable) console of this next generation. Instead, you chose to ignore it and even posted some smarmy insults about it on your website.

Sucks to be you.
What makes you think he had any say in the matter? Psychonauts was a publisher-funded game.

qirex

Chris Remo said:
What makes you think he had any say in the matter? Psychonauts was a publisher-funded game.
Duh, obviously he should have just toiled away on his own without any money or employees until Nintendo decided to fund his game. Anything else is a total sell-out move.

TekunoRobby said:
BEST GAME OF ALL TIME:
rivercity.gif
heeeeelll yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

If Psychonauts was in 16:9 on the Xbox like it should have been (like it is on the PC), I might have cared. Now though? Get an autograph from Indy for me, thanx.

Gigglepoo

heavy liquid said:
If Psychonauts was in 16:9 on the Xbox like it should have been (like it is on the PC), I might have cared. Now though? Get an autograph from Indy for me, thanx.

I'm sure you would have found another lame reason to avoid it if it was in 16:9. That is the lamest reason not to buy a game since that other GAF member said he refused to buy Street Fighter Anthology because of the box art.

I would never say all real gamers play and love Psychonauts, but I would say that, if you play games soley on the viewing dimensions, you're less of a gamer than the Madden crowd.

Gigglepoo said:
I'm sure you would have found another lame reason to avoid it if it was in 16:9. That is the lamest reason not to buy a game since that other GAF member said he refused to buy Street Fighter Anthology because of the box art.

I would never say all real gamers play and love Psychonauts, but I would say that, if you play games soley on the viewing dimensions, you're less of a gamer than the Madden crowd.

I'm actually not retarded (unlike the poster you compared me to). I do own Psychonauts for both the PC and the Xbox (you're welcome, Tim). I just find it hard to be excited for something that should have been 16:9 on the Xbox as it is on the PC, especially after playing the game on both systems. I'm just glad that all 360 games are now mandated 16:9.

"Oh look. Poor Tim is begging people to care about his game.
Did his game outsell any that were just added?"

You can tell which people are bitter because he made a tiny slight against the Gamecube.

Barnolde

Banned
heavy liquid said:

HL2 was 4:3 on Xbox. The March BC update made HL2 16:9 with 360 BC (as well as making it playable). So maybe the December (07, lolz) update will make Psychonauts BC and it'll be in 16:9! omgzorz

Gigglepoo

heavy liquid said:
I'm actually not retarded (unlike the poster you compared me to). I do own Psychonauts for both the PC and the Xbox (you're welcome, Tim). I just find it hard to be excited for something that should have been 16:9 on the Xbox as it is on the PC, especially after playing the game on both systems. I'm just glad that all 360 games are now mandated 16:9.

I really thought you were going to chide me for not recognizing sarcasm.

I don't have an Xbox anymore but I still own Psychonauts 'cause I can't part with it. I really love this game. And a big **** you to all you dolts out there that never bought it.

For the love of god arne, tell those mother****ers in Redmond to get to work on this now. It's the only Xbox emu I care about.

bengraven

The Eatable Arab said:
Is Psychonauts Xbox supposed to be rare? My local walmart has a ton of copies...

Our local Walmart has had a dozen copies of the PS2 version for the last year (?), but none of the Xbox version. Ever. I've been trying to find it, but haven't had any luck at all. I've resorted to renting it. A lot. And considering jacking it from the rental shop. :lol
no, not really

Oneself

Gigglepoo said:
Have you played BMT? Psychonauts has so many references to it I felt like I was playing it over again.

Yeah, and I'm surprised it's not the result we get for "Best XBOX Game of all Time" ... and "best game ever since Final Fight". I'm confused.

By the way, I just sent a e-mail to the BC team telling them to screw Psychonauts and work on Panzer Dragoon Orta instead. As well as PGR2... and RSC2.:lol

Matt_C

FiRez said:
Search without the "". there really is a screenshot of psychonauts

I guess you forogot the sarcasm from the parent post. You kids these days cannot understand a little bit of humor. Do I have to add this: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
to make the joke accross?

*confused*

this is not slashdot, this is not slashdot

pr0cs

I got a reply from DoubleFine regarding creating a 360 version of Psychonauts:

My friend, we have suggested the exact same thing.
Problem is getting a publisher to fund the port+enhancements.
Everything costs money!
Maybe some day...

Anyway, hope you liked the game!

-info cow

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Psychonauts is one fine game....anyone who hasn't bought it should do so now..it's not too late!

dvdvideo said:
Psychonauts is one fine game....anyone who hasn't bought it should do so now..it's not too late!

Yeah, Psychonauts is an amazing game! People who did not purchase it are mentally challenged.

arne

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
For the love of god arne, tell those mother****ers in Redmond to get to work on this now. It's the only Xbox emu I care about.

http://boards.ign.com/xbox_360_general_board/b8266/119787122/p1/?75

We are working feverishly toward updating the backward-compatibility as best we can and will put you on a mailing list that you will send to your spam box because none of those e-mails will be relevant.

Just kidding, of course. I do want you to be my best friend. I misplaced my last best friend. Well, more accurately, my best friend left me at a bus stop. But I digress.

I actually, really, truly am one of the developers on the backwards compatibility team. No foolin'.

Rest assured, we are working on Psychonauts.

Sincerely,

Alan Stuart
Emulation Ninja
Xbox 360 Team

hmmmm....

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Hory clap!

Awesome, awesome, awesome if true. I'll finally enjoy this gem the day that shit gets thrown onto the BC list (assuming it works well).

Joy.

Top Bottom