• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIME: Find Out If Trump Would Let You Immigrate To America

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
25, but if I actually intended to come I'd only do so with a job offer worth 5 points which would take me to 30, just.

The questions that have you lots of points like Olympic medals or Nobel prizes as well as investment of millions are hilarious though.

25, but if I actually intended to come I'd only do so with a job offer worth 5 points which would take me to 30, just.

The questions that have you lots of points like Olympic medals or Nobel prizes as well as investment of millions are hilarious though.

Most countries have retirement visas, investment thing here is similar.
Tell country you have millions, they let you in. See all the Chinese moving to Canada

KaoteK

Lol 17, it's ok America, you'd have to pay me substantial amounts of dosh to move there anyway given the state your country is in anyway.

CCS

Banned
I don't get in, in part because apparently a degree from Oxford isn't worth very much.

Jesus christ.

I got a score of 29, I've got a masters in computer science, degree in history, I am from Germany and I can speak 3 languages fluently. I guess if I had a job offer initially > $77k I could get in.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
29! I need a job offer, :( .
Almost done with a PhD in CS (not USA) and 31-35 with good english skills. Would a Turing award count? :p

It was almost impossible to immigrate to the US long before Trump has even thought of running for presidency.
The only way is if you get a job offer from a big company or win the green card lottery.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It was almost impossible to immigrate to the US long before Trump has even thought of running for presidency.
The only way is if you get a job offer from a big company or win the green card lottery.

What about marrying a US person?

Ishan

im not a fan of the system given its strict rules but i mean essentially you want your country to be filled with higher skill labour. As long as they have an alternative for refugees and an alternative line for other aspects i can get this (not sure about the numbers etc) but no country is a charity case. It's stupid to assume otherwise ... might as well be open border season to all under previliledged ppl ...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Send us your rich, your Olympians, your huddled investors!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Send nudes.
No. Damn, another door closed.

I wonder how they would mesure english skill, though. If they ask me and I'm honest, I would answer 'Good'. I got 115/120 on my last TOEFL IBT test, which probably ranks me as 'Excellent'. I tend to stutter from time to time and I have problems with some letters, even in my native tongue, so a border agent/judge my fail me, depending on the day? :(

I guess that fluent is reserved to english as mother tongue.

CS_Dan

I got 30, but without a job offer. Not likely to emigrate to the states though!
Does being relation or marriage to someone in the country not count for anything?

Kinda amazing they felt they needed the eight year cut off on the olympic gold. Would surely be an stampede otherwise I am sure

Got to 30 points.
giphy.gif

This test is such bullcrap.

I got 30, but without a job offer. Not likely to emigrate to the states though!
Does being relation or marriage to someone in the country not count for anything?

Well if they're a citizen then you don't have to go through this way anyway to immigrate.

Hektor

Guess I continue living in inferior Europe where we suffer *gasp* public healthcare, no death penalty, social security systems, a pro-since government and hate-speech laws.

Damn you annoying orange, damn you, damn you

Guess I'm not good enough to live in this country anymore. Alright, who wants to take me in and start collecting delicious tax money off me?

I once had a pipe dream of once living in America, with this merit system it's not even a pipe dream anymore. Not even tangent. lmao.

Those income levels/nobel prize/olympic medal is stuff i will never achieve so.

I wouldnt go there without having a job on hand but i wouldnt find a job with that insane income. I dont have a masters or Phd so. You would be hard pressed to find a job in Sweden with almost $80k (That is about 700-750k SEK) in annual salary even with Phd. That's like CEO level, high level politician or senior engineer income.

I got 20 pts btw.

Ishan

I'm a white 30-year old computer engineer. I'd have 42 points if I'd have a job offer.

you being white has hardly anything to do with the poinnts you got unless we get into a social thing on comp sci competence

Top Bottom