• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time...FLYIN by... my daughter will be 4 mos in 9 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
It just hit me when I saw that it's March already thread.... WTF? 4 mos already.... g*ddamn where the hell does the time go....

olimario

Banned
Because MAF ignores what Texans really believe and distort what they say to fit his skewed view of what he wants them to be.

It's exciting, Darien. My godson just hit 4 months on the 27th. It's amazing how alert he's become. He's starting to try to say words, his teeth are about to come in, and he can already roll over and hold himself up.
I've never spent this much time with a baby prior to this... It's really amazing.

Sian turns 8 mos this week. She can say "kitty" and "daddy", and she loves the opening credits to Joss shows more than anything. She also finds the box for King of Fighters 2002/2003 exceptionally tasty, and soon I shall post the pics to prove it!

DarienA

Speaking of talking if you guys want to see something really cool... I need to upload this mpeg of my daughter talking to this mickey/minnie mobile that she has right above her crib, Rhonda encoded it so it's large...7.7mb but it's so cute... give me a bit to upload it. This is only a short clip of a good 5 minutes of "talking" I recorded when Nyera didn't know I was in the room.

EDIT:

ok try downloading this link.

<<TIMES UP>>

I'm only going to leave the link and file up for alittle bit because I have no idea what my bandwith limits are at dreamhost.

EDIT: Deleting in 3 min.

olimario

Banned
DarienA said:
Speaking of talking if you guys want to see something really cool... I need to upload this mpeg of my daughter talking to this mickey/minnie mobile that she has right above her crib, Rhonda encoded it so it's large...7.7mb but it's so cute... give me a bit to upload it.

I'll host it.
Garyblakemeister@aol.com

Slo

My daugther is 3 1/2 and my son is 1 1/2. Can't say I remember a time when I didn't have kids, they pretty much take over your life. And that's a good thing. :)

olimario

Banned
That's really cute, Darien. My godson talks to the ficus tree. They're best of friends. :lol
Do you want a mirror on that vid?

DarienA

olimario said:
That's really cute, Darien. My godson talks to the ficus tree. They're best of friends. :lol
Do you want a mirror on that vid?

Thanks but no, I don't think there's any reason to leave it up... anybody who wanted to see it probably has at this point... one of these day's Rhonda and I will get around to doing a proper website where we'll post pictures and movie clips and shit... come day. ;)

Brannon

Make them learn an instrument now. Or at least expose them to it really really early. Otherwise they grow up and when they learn an instrument at around 8 or 9, they sound like banshees. At least this way they'll have an ear for music and can play YOU lullibies of sorts.

And make them learn violins. Because I like violins. And when your kids grow up, I want to know that somewhere out there a master violinist is making music I love.

Get to it! :p

Nester

My daughter just turned 2 this past Saturday. It's been fun watching her learn new things everyday. :)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
DJ Brannon said:
Make them learn an instrument now. Or at least expose them to it really really early. Otherwise they grow up and when they learn an instrument at around 8 or 9, they sound like banshees. At least this way they'll have an ear for music and can play YOU lullibies of sorts.

And make them learn violins. Because I like violins. And when your kids grow up, I want to know that somewhere out there a master violinist is making music I love.

Get to it! :p
My mom made me play the violin and I fuckin hated it. All the years wasted on that instrument when I could have been exploring interests of my own.

Don't force anything down your kids' throats just because you like it.

Loki

Count of Concision
Drinky Crow said:
Sian turns 8 mos this week. She can say "kitty" and "daddy", and she loves the opening credits to Joss shows more than anything. She also finds the box for King of Fighters 2002/2003 exceptionally tasty, and soon I shall post the pics to prove it!

8 months and she's already talking? Guess she got your brain... :D

NLB2

Banned
olimario said:
Because MAF ignores what Texans really believe and distort what they say to fit his skewed view of what he wants them to be.
"He dislikes me." —Why?—"I'm no match for him."—Has a man ever answered in this way?
Good old Nietzsche, crappy philosopher, but psychologist so far beyond his time.

Don't worry about MAF, he just wants to be you Olimario.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I personally don't think I'll have kids anytime soon. I don't think I can deal with all the sleepness nights, crying, changing diapers, and all that other shit. Not to mention a fuckload of extra expenses. I've seen how children can literally break a parent down and cause tremendous misery. Nothing I want to have to go through.

Being single where your only responsiblity is for yourself is great. Can go out, have fun and pay the bills with ease. I've never been in debt either.

I'll admit having a family does have its good points. It's for most(some?) people but it aint for me.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't think I can deal with all the sleepness nights, crying, changing diapers
Eh. I'm pretty much used to that already...........and I live alone!

Loki

Count of Concision
demon said:
Eh. I'm pretty much used to that already...........and I live alone!

:lol

what.gif

DarienA

isamu said:
I personally don't think I'll have kids anytime soon. I don't think I can deal with all the sleepness nights, crying, changing diapers, and all that other shit. Not to mention a fuckload of extra expenses. I've seen how children can literally break a parent down and cause tremendous misery. Nothing I want to have to go through.

Being single where your only responsiblity is for yourself is great. Can go out, have fun and pay the bills with ease. I've never been in debt either.

I'll admit having a family does have its good points. It's for most(some?) people but it aint for me.

Finances definitely wasn't one of the things we had to worry about... thank god. I've lived the life of tight finances, have next to nothing in your checking account, just trying to make it to the next payday.... I'm glad those days are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom