• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to eat crow regarding "Guardians of the Galaxy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrene

Banned
Oh no, I have a Spider-Man avatar! Whatever shall I do!? Good golly, is that all you can get at me with? "Oh this guy has a Spider-Man avatar CLEARLY he'll defend a Marvel movie till the end of time!"
In the above post, the guy whose argument was "No it isn't" complains about other people having shallow arguments.

Cheebo

Banned
Oh no, I have a Spider-Man avatar! Whatever shall I do!? Good golly, is that all you can get at me with? "Oh this guy has a Spider-Man avatar CLEARLY he'll defend a Marvel movie till the end of time!"
You missed the point. You didn't defend the movie. You claimed someone who's opinion that it was boring was wrong with a 5 year old like retort of "no it isn't!". He found it boring telling him no doesn't make him find it any less boring.

Guess what not everyone in Marveo threads are going to be posting positive things. Not everyone likes all the movies or are fans of the direction the MCU is taking. There is room for dissent without saying NO as a retort.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
What have I done?
You just unleashed another Marvel argument. And I say...

91738_gdy-zaczyna-sie-ostra-przepychanka.gif

What have I done?

Someone needs to make a "NeoGAF Discusses The MCU" image.

It's pretty funny the strong feeling that these movies stir up, one way or the other. People going out of their way to tell you how much money it made or how boring they found it. As long as you pony up the price of a ticket, the studios probably couldn't give less of a fuck if it was Leekspin for two hours, and I like most of the MCU films. Marvel doesn't leave people indifferent it seems.

Marvel: A Talking Racoon, Because Fuck You, We Got Your Money

alternatively

Marvel: Your Universe, Our Dollars

PsychBat!

Banned
You missed the point. You didn't defend the movie. You claimed someone who's opinion that it was boring was wrong with a 5 year old like retort of "no it isn't!". He found it boring telling him no doesn't make him find it any less boring.

Guess what not everyone in Marveo threads are going to be posting positive things. Not everyone likes all the movies or are fans of the direction the MCU is taking. There is room for dissent without saying NO as a retort.
You must be new to the internet. Because I'm not the first and I won't be the last person doing these kind of responses. EVERYONE does it from time to time.

EDIT: "no it isn't!" isn't even my wording at all. You need to read more carefully. And the tone you think I'm using isn't even close.

Cheebo

Banned
That should be reversed. The only one acting like a child is the one saying No to the well-reasoned opinions that don't like it.

I put GoTG in my top 10 of the year but saying no it isn't to someone who finds it boring is beyond embarrassing to read. We aren't 5 year olds here.

You must be new to the internet. Because I'm not the first and I won't be the last person doing these kind of responses. EVERYONE does it from time to time.
You excuse for acting like a child is because it is the Internet and others do too?

strobogo

Banned

Pedantic shit right here. From now on, everyone must add TO ME or IMO to everything they state, as if t hat isn't implied to begin with. "That movie was boring (TO ME IN MY OPINION)." "No it wasn't (TO ME IN MY OPINION)." This fucking website will get into the dipshittiest arguments with shit like "You're saying that like it is a fact" when EVERYTHING A PERSON SAYS has an invisible TO ME or IN MY OPINION added to the end. When someone says, "This sucks", they're saying, "This sucks to me". Dick heads just want to argue about shit because they don't understand how the fuck language works.

BLACKLAC

Pedantic shit right here. From now on, everyone must add TO ME or IMO to everything they state, as if t hat isn't implied to begin with. "That movie was boring (TO ME IN MY OPINION)." "No it wasn't (TO ME IN MY OPINION)." This fucking website will get into the dipshittiest arguments with shit like "You're saying that like it is a fact" when EVERYTHING A PERSON SAYS has an invisible TO ME or IN MY OPINION added to the end. When someone says, "This sucks", they're saying, "This sucks to me". Dick heads just want to argue about shit because they don't understand how the fuck language works.

Truth

Cheebo you know you are coming off like a child overreacting like this, right? ......... imo lol

ibuUWc0MMVIAua.gif

Can't wait for the salty responses when AoU stomps VII.

Fire..

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Lol the reactions here. I went with my wife I loved it, she found out boring and wanted to get out of the movie. Opinions, how do they work?

Cheebo

Banned
arguments like "no it isn't!" Is gaming side level nonsense. It's not an actual retort at all regardless if it is IMO or not. It is just a 5 year old yelling no when not getting there way with no explanation.

You didn't agree with his opinion it was boring? Well then why not discuss why you disagree? Yelling no at him isnt a discussion at all.

I mean gotdam.

PsychBat!

Banned
arguments like "no it isn't!" Is gaming side level nonsense. It's not an actual retort at all regardless if it is IMO or not. It is just a 5 year old yelling no when not getting there way with no explanation.
Again, not even my wording. And I was also responding to a non-fleshed out opinion. You're acting like I'm yelling at my computer screen and typing at that guy with a furious brow.
LOL, now you're just poking Cheebo.

Cheebo

Banned
I have many reservations about the potential quality of VII and have said so in the past regardless of my avatar. See that is the difference. I am not going to blindly support a movie unworthy of it. And stomping? You act like box office is actually somehow makes you a winner? You don't work for Disney. Seriously come on now.

Dalek

It's hilarious you think there are some how marvel sides and Star Wars sides. We aren't sega and Nintendo kids. They are all movies. Seeing yourself on a side of a movie franchise something is bizzare to witness and adult do.

Really? Tell that to the guy a few months ago that made a thread saying that he really loved the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Within 15 minutes there was a group in that thread desperately trying to convince him he was wrong and stupid.

BLACKLAC

And stomping? You act like box office is actually somehow makes you a winner? You don't work for Disney. Seriously come on now.

It's hilarious you think there are some how marvel sides and Star Wars sides. We aren't sega and Nintendo kids. They are all movies. Seeing yourself on a side of a movie franchise something is bizzare to witness and adult do.

Well.

There is the 2 box-office prediction threads sooo......

What's been weird though the last week or 2 has been detractors of the MCU crying about "Marvel fans only care about money!"

As if Marvel films haven't also been a critical success.... Avengers being at the top of the critical success hill (or is it now Iron Man?) and Not a Rotten one in the bunch.

I could understand the crying if Marvel was going the Bay Transformers route but clearly they aren't.

PsychBat!

Banned
Hey Dalek, I don't know if you remember this but I told you to go **** yourself one time because I didn't like Uncanny Avengers and you constantly got on me for that for a few minutes. I'm sorry about that. :(

Cheebo

Banned
Really? Tell that to the guy a few months ago that made a thread saying that he really loved the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Within 15 minutes there was a group in that thread desperately trying to convince him he was wrong and stupid.
I am speaking only for myself I and I like most of the MCU movies in fact the only two I would consider bad are Ion Man 2 and Incredible Hulk. I just find the blind trust in a franchise very strange.

Dalek

Hey Dalek, I don't know if you remember this but I told you to go **** yourself one time because I didn't like Uncanny Avengers and you constantly got on me for that for a few minutes. I'm sorry about that. :(

We are bros. no apology necessary.

PsychBat!

Banned
I am speaking only for myself I and I like most of the MCU movies in fact the only two I would consider bad are Ion Man 2 and Incredible Hulk. I just find the blind trust in a franchise very strange.
Blind trust? Hope you're not getting that with my "No, it wasn't" comment. Because this is the only MCU movie I've defended. I love Thor 1 but I don't go in an MCU thread to fight off every Thor hater out there because 1. I understand their dislike for the movie and 2. My flameshield is only so big. I mean, you wouldn't believe the MCU movies I like and dislike. I did not enjoy Iron Man 3 and I think Thor 1 is better than Thor 2. (But having seen Thor 2 again recently, I appreciate it more).

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That should be reversed. The only one acting like a child is the one saying No to the well-reasoned opinions that don't like it.

I put GoTG in my top 10 of the year but saying no it isn't to someone who finds it boring is beyond embarrassing to read. We aren't 5 year olds here.

You excuse for acting like a child is because it is the Internet and others do too?

Point taken, but I have yet to see a well-reasoned claim as to why GotG is bad and/or boring.

I mean, you wouldn't believe the MCU movies I like and dislike. I did not enjoy Iron Man 3 and I think Thor 1 is better than Thor 2. (But having seen Thor 2 again recently, I appreciate it more).

Is liking Thor 1 better than Thor 2 an outlandish thing? Thor 2 was pretty bleh, I thought, while I was pleasantly surprised by Thor 1.

Lol the reactions here. I went with my wife I loved it, she found out boring and wanted to get out of the movie. Opinions, how do they work?

Yeah, I just don't know how people can call the movie boring. I just... can't wrap my brain around it. It boggles my mind. Not saying they're wrong in any way. It is their opinion. I just can't understand where they're coming from.

Yeah, that 76 on metacritic is ironclad proof of its quality. I mean, that kinda "middle C" grade is only beat out by really top tier shit, like shit that gets a B minus! Like, obviously, it's not as good as a masterpiece like Face/Off or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, or the universally loved Dark Knight Rises, which all scored higher. But it's right in there with unforgettable classics that share its score like The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Secret Lives of Dentists, and of course, Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!.

More Marvel movies -- they're all so special and amazing!

Let the hate continue to flow through you:

I actively dislike GotG. It was just a movie that shoved white America's dick into outer space. Yeah, yeah, classic rock and bro antics save the galaxy. Whatever.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=144560764#post144560764

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom