• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time To Get Unreasonably Excited - Ubisoft Teasing Prince Of Persia News On FB

Zapages

Well just as I said before... Its Prince of Persia Shadow and the Flame:

Summer is about to get HOT with Ubisoft Mobile Games and the release of Prince of Persia© The Shadow and the Flame. We'll have more info in the very short future, but for now you can expect Wednesday Twitter giveaways, a sweepstakes, more Mobile Deals, great content... and a lot more!
More?? How can there be more? You'll see. Stay tuned!
Source: https://www.facebook.com/princeofpersia?hc_location=timeline

pop_678x223%20copy.JPG

The Prince of Persia Shadow and the Flame was suppose to release today but due to the events that happened today. It has been delayed or might show up later today. *shrugs*

The Prince of Persia Shadow and the Flame was suppose to release today but due to the events that happened today. It has been delayed or might show up later today. *shrugs*

Okay, I feel ignorant for asking this, but what happened yesterday that would have disrupted plans to release it?

Zapages

from what I heard is that if the game a success. Ubi might release it on PSN/XBLA or PS4's and Xbox one's equivalent of PSN/XBLA.

Okay, I feel ignorant for asking this, but what happened yesterday that would have disrupted plans to release it?

Uplay got hacked and everyone had to change their passwords. Also Ubisoft's website was redirecting to change password aka what happened with PSN username/password leak situation.

Zapages

The game will be releasing on July 25th on Android and iOS.

Developers Diary Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYxIQi-hVg It shows new areas and traps...

London, UK – July 03rd, 2013 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that the legendary Prince of Persia series will come back on mobile devices with Prince of Persia® The Shadow and the Flame on July 25th on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch as well as on Android devices, through Google Play and Amazon, at a price of £1.99

The rebirth of the legendary action-platformer, with brand-new visuals and redesigned controls, Prince of Persia® The Shadow and the Flame is set after the events of Prince of Persia Classic, continuing the saga of the wanderer who was born a Prince. Now he must embark on an epic journey in search of his past to redefine his future.

Following the storyline of the original game, released 10 years ago, it will allow players to explore various levels in visually-stunning 3D with intuitive controls designed for touchscreens. Among plenty of new features, the players will now be able to choose between gesture-based touch controls or the classic virtual joystick. The combat system has also been improved with multiple enemies, tactical challenges and a brand new combo system.

The game’s experience can still be extended through social connectivity, allowing to unlock achievements and ascend the leaderboards or to share scores with Facebook integration.

For more information on Prince of Persia® The Shadow and the Flame please visit: http://ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=11802

For more information on Ubisoft Mobile line up please visit:www.facebook.com/ubisoftmobilegames

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,061 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com

©2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. © 2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Prince of Persia is a trademark of Waterwheel Licensing LLC in the US and/or other countries used under license. iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.

Magnus

It's pretty sad that these days, when I see 'tease', I assume a company put out a shadowy image or a bizarre ARG with no real evidence or Korean written characters into their games (#valve).

That said I was legit surprised to come in here and see the teased game's name boldly stated. Haha

1. Gaf sadly never learns...
myself included (we hype too much)

2. PoP is a dead beat I.P that may never see the light of day of it's former glory ever again unless a wealthy third party gives it a extra boost (ex. being Sonic lost world... and yes I know about Sonic Colours and Generations, they are good games... but what I mean is taking a new spin on the series that might succeed)

3. Ubisoft gave up on the series and would not wish to heavily invest on a new PoP

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
CBOAT was mistaken. He/she apparently saw or heard about the Halo teaser and assumed it was a new PoP based on the description/footage.

Sucks, but what can you do.

Nah, he said there was a reboot and even apologized for being wrong, saying it must have got pulled. He didn't mistake halo for it.

I feel as though this was inevitable; there simply won't be as many console games outside of blockbuster franchises; it doesn't make business sense. I envisage a '2xN64' situation in terms of retail software as the generation pans out. For to EA cut back as much as they have in recent years says an awful lot.

Paganmoon

Just got mail from UBI, it pops up in top right corner, I read heading "The new Prince of Persia" yes yes yes yes! finally! woooo "on mobile"...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why UBI? Why do you hurt me so?

elhav

So dissapointing...
Surely they have had the time to work on a proper sequal. Either they are lazy or they just don't give a fuck.

RPGCrazied

I'm late to the party... but wow. They have no problems with releasing AC games every freaking year, but they seem to be in a hurry to kill the PoP franchise. Doesn't really compute.

They say they want to give the IP a rest, I think AC is what needs a rest.

Top Bottom