• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

atre324

TheMan said:
A couple of questions...

How are you all getting money (not towerbux) so quickly? Are you paying for towerbux and then converting?

Second, am I imagning things or can shops only sell one item at a time? Maybe restocking takes so long that the first item sells out, but I'm not sure.

Yes, once you get the best elevator you should probably sell your blocks of 50 bux (since that's the best bux:cash ratio) for 100k, although I'd keep a small cushion to move people into apartments and speed up stocking so you can shuffle new bitizens into their dream jobs. Once you get over 25-30 floors it takes FOREVER for people to move into a new apartment via the elevator so I usually make sure I have at least 5-10 bucks at all times in order fill up the 5 spots soon after a residential floor is done being built.

Shops can sell any item they have in stock, although if you stock them in order from cheapest to most expensive you'll probably run out of the cheap item by the time the 3 coin item is ready to be stocked. I almost always stock the 3 coin first, then 2, then the 1. With low quantity 1 coin items like the Pub, you can get multiple "Fully Stocked" bonuses this way (I'd guess it's probably the fastest way to get bucks, actually).

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
At level 42, I was able to build a service floor, and I got a Doctor's Office (only three I'm missing are martial arts, doctor's office, and private eye). The number seems so random, I wonder if it's tied to the number of total stores you have instead of a specific floor. I blew up the Dr's office and am rebuilding it in hopes of getting the private eye.

Is there anyway to save a VIP? I always click them, and then find out that they can, say, "Speed up construction process by 3 hours," but then I'm stuck with them. I can only move them to the floor I want to use them on, but unfortunately I won't have any new floors being built, so the VIP gets wasted. Am I missing something?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
If you're at the top of the tower, when you click on VIP, it will scroll you to the bottom where you can see what type of VIP it is. Based on that, set up the floor so it's ready, then click on the VIP to activate him. The four VIP types all look unique. Big spender wears green.

Fusebox

Banned
AvidNobody said:
Is there anyway to save a VIP? I always click them, and then find out that they can, say, "Speed up construction process by 3 hours," but then I'm stuck with them.

Don't click them. If its a construction worker just leave them there until you have a floor being built. If it's the other type of VIP don't touch them until you have a shop which only has level 3 stock.

angelfly

Just started started playing this today after hearing about it so much. I didn't plan on trying it but after checking out this thread I found out it was free which is something I haven't heard mentioned elsewhere. Anyways so far I've only got 7 floors and 10 bitizens. Spent all my bux to get 20,000 coins which came in handy for adding some floors.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This isn't a game. It's a job.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
mattiewheels said:
This isn't a game. It's a job.

Yeah, I was building my 40th floor when I suddenly realized I had to delete this game. I hit home, held down on tiny towers and pushed the X.

By the time you get to 30 floors, it's constant maintenance of re-stocking. New floor are 18hrs to build, and I had to ask myself why I kept loading it up and clicking.

The art style is fantastic, but if anything the game plays "too fast" for my liking.. I want to mess with it 3 or 4 times a day to keep things going.. not 50.

Phreaker

Noriega said:
So something went wrong with my iPhone and I had to restore it.

Unfortunately everything in Tiny Tower was erased. Meaning I'm back to the tutorial. Every other game I have has retained their memory. Is there a way to return my past game or anything?

Delete the app and reinstall. It will grab the last save from the server, that is assuming it was connected to the Internet at some point. Also, it will not overwrite the save on the server unless you have more floors now.

Nori Chan

Phreaker said:
Delete the app and reinstall. It will grab the last save from the server, that is assuming it was connected to the Internet at some point. Also, it will not overwrite the save on the server unless you have more floors now.
I did and nothing happened. :(

Someone on twitter also had the problem but they haven't gotten it resolved yet.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wow, I took some time out to sort out dream jobs for all my stores, and it really makes a difference. I find that I'm not checking as often to re-stock because I know there's more there, plus there's less of having things run out as you're trying to restock something else. Much less frustrating. Not only are you getting twice the time before restocking, you're getting a much larger profit margin. I have 78 out of 85 at the moment. I'd been building stores as much as I could, only going to residential floors to stock them, but I went and built an extra residential floor to give myself a few spare people, and just started systematically moving people in and evicting them until I got a dream job in a store I had, then putting them into those jobs. Even if you get someone that you've already got 3 dream jobs in, you can replace them to get another 3 bux. Definitely makes playing much more enjoyable for me now I'm getting floors that take a day to build. Really looking forward to more updates for this game, I hope they add a few surprises!

wetflame said:
Wow, I took some time out to sort out dream jobs for all my stores, and it really makes a difference. I find that I'm not checking as often to re-stock because I know there's more there, plus there's less of having things run out as you're trying to restock something else. Much less frustrating. Not only are you getting twice the time before restocking, you're getting a much larger profit margin. I have 78 out of 85 at the moment. I'd been building stores as much as I could, only going to residential floors to stock them, but I went and built an extra residential floor to give myself a few spare people, and just started systematically moving people in and evicting them until I got a dream job in a store I had, then putting them into those jobs. Even if you get someone that you've already got 3 dream jobs in, you can replace them to get another 3 bux. Definitely makes playing much more enjoyable for me now I'm getting floors that take a day to build. Really looking forward to more updates for this game, I hope they add a few surprises!
Not even dream jobs can save the shitty food stores.

OldJadedGamer said:
Any point to moving the floors around?
Nope, just lets you put stuff where you want it. Like, a bike shop might make no sense to you on the 100th floor so you can move it down. It won't have any affect at all on gameplay.

Chopper

Finally! 93 dream jobs for 93 happy citizens. And yes, it's made a huge difference. I've managed to build about 4 floors in 24 hours, even though I'm around floor 53. This game just keeps giving, as far as I'm concerned!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
brotkasten said:
Not even dream jobs can save the shitty food stores.
Scoops and the Bakery aren't too bad, they both have stock levels in the thousands, at least for the three coin product. The Tea House is ok too. I do dread building food floors though. The Pub can go die in a fire.

Jasoco

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Any point to moving the floors around?
It's just for personal organization.

Does anyone else keep their apartments at the top instead of the bottom? Or place businesses near like businsses? Like the Day Spa next to the Barber Shop or the Mapple Store and Game Store? Maybe also with the Arcade and Video Rental? Or a Bank and a Pharmacy to make shopping easier?

I love my game dev studio. The MMO might take 11 hours, but it's damn worth it. Especially when a big spender comes around. 65k in an instant. :D

Jasoco said:

Does anyone else keep their apartments at the top instead of the bottom? Or place businesses near like businsses? Like the Day Spa next to the Barber Shop or the Mapple Store and Game Store? Maybe also with the Arcade and Video Rental? Or a Bank and a Pharmacy to make shopping easier?
Moving floors around? Jesus, what a waste of bux.

InertiaXr

How are you guys keeping up dream jobs? I currently have 39 floors and like 8-10 dream jobs, but not sure how to go about getting more. Do you just evict people until they fit one of your current businesses? For instance right now I have 3 people whose dream job's are all in the Doctor's Office, so I'd like to keep them around until I build one, but no idea when that will be. :/

I wish there was a list somewhere of the stock levels of each store, so I know which one I should tear down and rebuild and which ones to keep. I love my Software, Fashion, and Glass Studio's because of the insane stock levels, and would like more stores like that, but I have no idea which businesses are the best in each category.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
84 of 92 dream jobs filled. Feels good.

YnpIS.png

Flunkie

Banned
Close to deletion.. I never check it anymore and have notifications turned off. I just can't seem to press the delete button, though..

Why? Given NimbleBit's constant updating and expansion of their apps (Pocket Frogs just got another bit update), I can see them addressing some of the complaints and issues of the game while adding more worthwhile content.

brotkasten said:
Moving floors around? Jesus, what a waste of bux.

I have a lot of extra bucks because I supported the dev with a $5 spot.

Jasoco said:

I keep all my apartments on the bottom so I can scroll right past them.

InertiaXr said:
How are you guys keeping up dream jobs? I currently have 39 floors and like 8-10 dream jobs, but not sure how to go about getting more. Do you just evict people until they fit one of your current businesses? For instance right now I have 3 people whose dream job's are all in the Doctor's Office, so I'd like to keep them around until I build one, but no idea when that will be. :/

I wish there was a list somewhere of the stock levels of each store, so I know which one I should tear down and rebuild and which ones to keep. I love my Software, Fashion, and Glass Studio's because of the insane stock levels, and would like more stores like that, but I have no idea which businesses are the best in each category.
I evict people until I have the store for their dream jobs. Doesn't matter if some stores are closed for some time, because I don't have the staff. The only unhappy bitizen I keep are the three private eye and mapple store employees. I also try to keep one room in the apartments free, but that can be difficult, when everyone is happy. :D I only kick them out, when I have a new bitizen with the same dream job and the same or better stats. Gets me three bux and one free room in the full apartments.

Technosteve said:
Stop rubbing it in
80 of 87 dream jobs filled here. One is unemployed and waiting for the game studio to finish the city sim. The poor guy doesn't know that I'm gonna kick him out as soon as I get my three bux.

InertiaXr

brotkasten said:
I evict people until I have the store for their dream jobs. Doesn't matter if some stores are closed for some time, because I don't have the staff. The only unhappy bitizen I keep are the three private eye and mapple store employees. I also try to keep one room in the apartments free, but that can be difficult, when everyone is happy. :D I only kick them out, when I have a new bitizen with the same dream job and the same or better stats. Gets me three bux and one free room in the full apartments.

At first I thought this was going to cost me all of my 50ish bux I had saved up and quite a bit of time, but it's not so bad. I am almost gaining tower bux now because I only had 8 out of 68 dream jobs, so more than 1/3 of the new guys i move in have a dream job in a business I already have, so I get the 3 bux for that. I can see when I have most of my guys in dream jobs it could be hell trying to get those last few. :/

InertiaXr

Just took about 30 minutes and went from 8 to 40 dream jobs for my 59 citizens, and cost me 27 total tower bux. Down to 3 bux now, so have to take the next couple days to build up some more bux from fully stocked bonuses.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Neuromancer said:
How many Bitizens did you throw out onto the street to get there?

Too many. Many of them saw their dream jobs fulfilled and then robbed instantly. For them it was the saddest day of their life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I hit 100, maybe it's time to stop?

T2gGmwK

Wario64 said:
Too many. Many of them saw their dream jobs fulfilled and then robbed instantly. For them it was the saddest day of their life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
That's some cold shit right there

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just seen on the developer's twitter that version 1.02 (which gives the option to rename stores) has been submitted. Don't know if anything else is included in the update though. Hopefully also increases my chances of getting a private eye by 1000%.

Chopper

Took me an hour just to find two bitizens who wanted to work at a paintball arena. Just done it. Whoop!

7567cb6e.jpg

I know a bloke called Bill Walker! It's not this guy.

I can't believe NB released such a massive Pocket Frogs update today too. Impressive stuff.

Tobor

wetflame said:
Just seen on the developer's twitter that version 1.02 (which gives the option to rename stores) has been submitted. Don't know if anything else is included in the update though. Hopefully also increases my chances of getting a private eye by 1000%.
I don't care about renaming the stores. I'd like to see some sort options for the bitizens list, though. I wonder if that's in the works?

Chopper

Tobor said:
I don't care about renaming the stores. I'd like to see some sort options for the bitizens list, though. I wonder if that's in the works?
Agreed. Just an option to place all unemployed bitizens to the top would be fine by me. Why would I want to rename the floors?

Also, trading bitizens. Other than that, the game's fine.

Jasoco

Banned
I just demolished my first floor. I built a Food floor in the hopes and chance that I FINALLY get a Sky Burger. I paid 8 Bux to speed it up. And I got a goddamned Diner. Having no one to work there yet, I demolished it. I now have 18 hours to wait for it to finish again. (After speeding it up by 3 hours)

Will I still eventually get that Diner option again? If I don't get it again this time. (For the love of God, I better not get that goddamned Diner again. No one wants to work at it right now!)

I'm betting I would have been better off saving my 8 Bux and using it to move bitizens in and hope I get three Diner lovers. But I so want my Sky Burger!

JJWE

Neo Member
I just popped in to curse the thread startet for getting me into this. I mean, it's not even a game in the loosest sense of the word and yet I... Can't... Stop. Gnnn. :-/

DoubleTap

I have 18 floors, 30 bitizens (24 with Dream Jobs) and the golden elevator. Once I get all dream jobs I think I'm done with it. I really have no desire to complete the stores.

Jasoco

Banned
Is there any drawback to building more of one store type than is currently in demand? Up until now I've built each type one at a time in a loop. But was wondering if one were to only build food stores for a while, then all creative, then all etc and so on would it hurt your earnings or does the demand not actually matter like it does in Sim City where if you build too many residential zones they won't develop. Will TT do this where too many food stores will result in them not getting enough business? Or is it all random?

Top Bottom