• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 PC Performance Thread

Weird, I'm getting massive frame drops on my home rig, i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM and GTX 1080 @ ~2000MHz, latest driver on Windows 10.

Izuna

Banned
at 50%

So my plan is to see how this games runs straight off the bat on the Surface Book. I'll note what I think is the optimal settings without any further tweaking, then I'll look into what can be changed with other settings etc.

The modified 940m should compete with the GTX660 so it should be run for 720p Medium right?

hear4beer

probably still too early to ask but, does anyone have impressions running it below minimum specs? Wondering if i can at least enjoy the campaign before finally upgrading my toaster

renzolama

That film grain, damn. It feels like I'm watching television in 1995. Tried adjusting the brightness etc but had little effect on clearing it up. Surely if it was this distracting and obvious they would have toned it down pre-release, so hopefully it's just some combination of my monitor/game settings.

warheat

Waac3Vo.png

UuPvOsX.png

Have you tried forcing the resolution through launch options or the videoconfig.txt file?

Weird that this seems to be the most cited issue so far.

Videoconfig.txt doesn't seem to list any resolutions at all. I'll try the launch option soon. I assume that will work, but I have no idea why it's necessary.

Videoconfig.txt doesn't seem to list any resolutions at all. I'll try the launch option soon. I assume that will work, but I have no idea why it's necessary.
Huh, mine has these two lines, which correspond to my resolution:
Code:
"setting.defaultres"		"2560"
"setting.defaultresheight"		"1440"
The file is Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/local/videoconfig.txt

ArmsOfSorrow

Neo Member
Runs beautifully on my entry level Haswell + AMD Radeon R9 270X. Haven't played with the options much yet and set shadows to lowest from the get go, but it feels perfectly smooth, just like it should for a fast-paced FPS.
I'd really love to play with that Source descendant of theirs.

Huh, mine has these two lines, which correspond to my resolution:
Code:
"setting.defaultres"		"2560"
"setting.defaultresheight"		"1440"
The file is Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/local/videoconfig.txt

Yeah, I finally noticed that after I posted. Was looking for a list of resolutions, my mistake.

Forcing it through game launch options seems to work.

Mrbob

Whelp this a good reminder I'll need to upgrade my desktop pc next year. Still running it with a gtx 770, probably do a full upgrade next year when gtx 1170/1180 are out.

Curiously can tf2 work with the steam controller? Wouldn't mind playing it on my Htpc.

GPU usage is stuck around 80% in campaign for me so far on latest drivers :(

980ti/4790k 16gb ram playing at 1440p.

Any tips on how to get it higher?

Really wish Origin would let you choose the drive to download to when downloading the game without changing the default directory in the settings every time. And for some reason no matter what, Origin thinks all of my drives only have the same amount of space left on them as my boot drive.

I think this extracts from 27GB to 33GB having done it last night.

But on PS4 its 35GB and on XBO it's 42GB.
Good to hear they likely didn't include the audio for every single supported language in the install this time.

What VPN (client) to use?
I always use VPNGate. First search result should give you a combination download for that and Softether.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Hey guys, we've been working with AMD on some stuff for older AMD GPUs - expect a hotfix driver... today? We'll have official messaging/links soon.

Also working on a quick PC patch that'll help with GPU performance and includes something I've been really excited for - especially if you're running a lower end GPU and need those sweet sweet frames above all else.

Profanity

Also working on a quick PC patch that'll help with GPU performance and includes something I've been really excited for - especially if you're running a lower end GPU and need those sweet sweet frames above all else.

Hmm Multi-Res Shading, like Shadow Warrior 2?

Hey guys, we've been working with AMD on some stuff for older AMD GPUs - expect a hotfix driver... today? We'll have official messaging/links soon.

Hey man, my GPU usage won't go above like 80%. Is this something you are aware of? 980ti/4790k latest drivers. Congrats on shipping the game!

Never seen that myself. Res? Refresh? Hitting your targets?

Playing at 1440p at 144hz. Generally running at around 100fps with 80% usage. CPU usage is low at around 20-30%. Latest drivers. Will maybe try roll back and see if that makes a difference.

Iscariot

Using PIA as my VPN and I get a greyed out "Play" button. :(

I've done the deleting the Origin folders in ProgramData and under "User" trick and it doesn't seem to help me.

Sort of a drag, it's always worked fine on Steam.

What about future AMD Crossfire support? :)

Manac0r

Granted playing on a 165hz monitor, but almost feel like it's in fast motion. Might just be coming from battlefield 1 syndrome.

Okay, just got to a couple points in the campaign where my FPS dipped to 60-70 when looking at certain scenery. My GPU usage is always ~97-100%, and my CPU usage is ~50-70%.

Rayme

Yep on and off. Still play TF1 with controller when using big tv.

Controller guy here. Held my own all the way through 50G10 on R1. Never had any issues. TTK being shorter than something like Overwatch makes this less of an issue imho.

i will be using my xbox one controller.

This may be a stupid question but does anyone intend to play this using a controller on PC? Debating between PS4 & PC.

Wanted to repeat for those here:

On PC, the game fully supports wired* PS4 gamepads. If you don't see PS4 icons, turn off whatever XINPUT/joytokey utility you're using.

PS4, XB1, and 360 pads all have settings tuned to them. Rumble, default deadzones, etc.

Working on adding some more gamepad options for a patch soon (on all platforms), but tbd.

(* No support for PS4-over-bluetooth yet, just the PS4-over-usb. If I can ever, ever get a DS4 to work with a bluetooth dongle on one of my Win7 machine here then it should be doable. Would anyone use that?)

Ok so re my GPU usage not going over ~80% it seems that was due to disabling ambient occlusion. Turning it on my usage jumps up to max.

Devs maybe this is a bug? I don't know.

Awesome! I've been really worried about how my r9 390 will perform with this game because most people with early impressions of performance seem to be running nvidia. Good to know us AMD users won't get left in the dust.

Calen

Playing at 1440p at 144hz. Generally running at around 100fps with 80% usage. CPU usage is low at around 20-30%. Latest drivers. Will maybe try roll back and see if that makes a difference.

Do you have vsync on? If you do, it's possible what you are seeing is the GPU running ahead of whatever frame timing it had - ie. if 100% GPU would get you to 100hz, but you're vsync'd at 72hz, there's going to be a portion of the GPU frame spent waiting on Present() since we don't want the GPU to get too far ahead for latency reasons.

If it's already off, that's weird; we ought to be pegging it.

Do you have vsync on? If you do, it's possible what you are seeing is the GPU running ahead of whatever frame timing it had - ie. if 100% GPU would get you to 100hz, but you're vsync'd at 72hz, there's going to be a portion of the GPU frame spent waiting on Present() since we don't want the GPU to get too far ahead for latency reasons.

If it's already off, that's weird; we ought to be pegging it.
Playing with gsync with the in game vsync setting off.

Even with 8x MSAA on it still won't max it out, about 90% is highest I can get it with all settings on, even though my FPS is around 80-100.

Top Bottom