• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - Postcards From the Frontier

Djostikk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbdQPdaPme4

Your adventure across the stunning vistas of the Frontier continues with the latest DLC drop for Titanfall 2: Postcards From the Frontier. Featuring new and familiar locations along with a new collection of Elite Weapon Warpaints, the Frontier has never looked better. Visit the all-new Live Fire map: UMA, which features a warren of tight interior corridors and windows through which to fight, as well as open courtyards with plenty of space for ordnance to roam. Between kill streaks, strike a pose for the cameras with the new free execution to earn: Amped Wall.

This DLC drop also adds Frontier Defense functionality to some of your favorite maps: Angel City, Drydock and Exoplanet are now harvester-ready to put your Aegis ranks to the test.

To round out Postcards From the Frontier, you'll also find 8 new Elite Weapon Warpaints for purchase to look your best while touring the edge of known space. These warpaints are custom-designed for specific weapons that drastically change the look of your favorite firearms. These Warpaints also grant bonuses to you and your teammates in-game. For each elite weapon warpaint you own, you gain a 10% chance to earn a 2x XP token at the completion of a match (max 30% total).

The Frontier awaits, Pilot! Get out there and leave your mark on it.

No remastered map from first game, sadly...

Frontier Defense was nice but was too grindy for me to play for more than a few hours. I don't like Live Fire either so this update is a whole lotta nothing for me.

Djostikk

Frontier Defense was nice but was too grindy for me to play for more than a few hours. I don't like Live Fire either so this update is a whole lotta nothing for me.

Yeah, pretty much same thing for me. I think times when I enjoyed killing AI bots has passed for me, it just doesn't grab as before when I used to play it in first game or gears horde.

Live Fire didn't work for me, too, it's really chaotic and misses that crucial part of the game, I mean' c'mon. Can't even find matches on PS4, so I guess I'm not alone. Really enjoying other modes and game is blast to play from time to time. I really want that Lagoon map from TF1.

Very happy for the new Frontier Defense Maps as I've been enjoying that mode way too much lately. Was hoping for a new Non-Livefire map though but oh well.
The support for this game has been phenomenal and i must say thank you Respawn. Job well done and i look forward to Titanfall|3

Mesoian

Yeah, pretty much same thing for me. I think times when I enjoyed killing AI bots has passed for me, it just doesn't grab as before when I used to play it in first game or gears horde.

Live Fire doesn't work for me, it's really chaotic and it misses that crucial part of the game, I mean' c'mon. Can't even find matches on PS4, so I guess I'm not alone.

The fact that the horde mode is just a shadow of other games makes it hard to want to keep playing for long amounts of time. I had fun with but it lacks the difficulty and nuance of Gear's Horde mode which keeps you coming back time after time.

Still fun though. I kind of wish they would do a bit more for seperating the ranks and grouping people of similar rank together. The last half dozen games I played were against people who were regen 13 or higher and I just cannot compete. I understand why it is the way it is though.

Always happy to get new updates but I really hope Respawn makes room for full blown new maps in the TF3 DLC pipeline instead of the admittedly half-baked Live Fire maps.

Falchion

Looks cool, I like Live Fire but some of its existing maps' strats aren't fun for me. Maybe this map will be better in that regard.

Top Bottom