• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 vs. Ghost of Tsushima

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Titanfall 2

Votes: 166 40.3%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 246 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

16IFtiD.jpg

I never really got the Titanfall 2 hype. The multi was actually pretty fun, but single player (outside of like one single level) was just standard FPS blah. If that one level was the entire game it would have been one of the best, most creative FPS ever, but instead its just a wasted opportunity.

00_Zer0

This is easy. I voted TF2, because GoT is nothing special....just typical open world tropes with Samurai aesthetic. TF2 has a great story and I'm glad it is finally available on Steam. I double dipped too show support for the Respawn team that made thiis amazing game.

rubenburgt

Definitely GoT.

I love single player games, I love the setting, I love the combat and I hate EA.

Last edited:
TF2 has one of best SP campaign of the gen. Didn't care for the multiplayer though.
GOT one of my fav new ips this gen. Loved the gamplay, aesthetic and atmosphere. I hope SP will try a more modern game design in the sequel.

Last edited:

Entroyp

Oh my wasn’t expecting Tsushima to win this, but it’s a great game, deserved if it wins.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Only played the campaign of tf2 and it was a huge surprise.

i enjoyed the campaign in tsushima too.

both games are cakewalks even on max difficulty, mmm hard choice.

i think i will go with tsushima just because i like good open world games more as a genre.

Ghost was okay, nothing mind-blowing, and absolutely no replayability at all, so I'll vote Titanfall 2 because there can be some very fun, intense matches that I would never get from Ghost.

Still trying to vibe with GhoT but I'm not there yet.

TF2 I find a bit overpraised, but it gets my vote. It was a fun romp with a well-choreographed campaign, but the main avatar is a snooze and BT is passable. MP was awful.

GametimeUK

Titanfall 2. Yet another thread where I'm the minority. This is madness. I guess I just didn't love the Sony exclusives as much as you guys this gen. Last gen I would have been all over Infamous, Uncharted, God of War 3, TLOU, Warhawk, Journey, Killzone 2 etc etc.

I just can't do it this gen.

Both are absolutely awesome.

I still haven't got the practise range trophy from Titanfall 2, so one trophy away from platinum.

I'm at the last hours of Ghost and I'm planning to platinum it.

My vote goes to Ghost because it has been the game I've been waiting since a kid. 3rd person Samurai game without any goblins, vampires, demonic cock hungry butt sluts and such.

But yeah this was pretty hard vote.

Titanfall 2. Yet another thread where I'm the minority. This is madness. I guess I just didn't love the Sony exclusives as much as you guys this gen. Last gen I would have been all over Infamous, Uncharted, God of War 3, TLOU, Warhawk, Journey, Killzone 2 etc etc.

I just can't do it this gen.

Ahh Warhawk was soo good. What about MAG? :)

GametimeUK

Ahh Warhawk was soo good. What about MAG? :)

So many bangers on PS3 this is what I mean. MAG came at a time where I had too much to play and I already had my fill at the beta. I used to play it at my friend's a lot though with a few beers. It was great.

Fat Princess was a laugh too. So many gems on that console I swear.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Titanfall 2 has one of the best FPS campaigns in modern times. Absolutely amazing. The one slight I would give is that I think I liked the Titanfall 1 multiplayer better than Titanfall 2 and I am not sure why, maybe it was the novelty factor.

aries_71

The unfairness of this pairing is appalling. You compare one of the best single player FPS campaigns, from several years ago, with a Sony exclusive that just come out. Here, at SonyGaf. There's no way this can be taken seriously anymore.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Titanfall 2 is the perfect example of everything I want in modern video games

Ghost of Tsushima was a neat rental but got real old real fast like most PlayStation exclusives

ZywyPL

Banned
GoT was released just recently and is already forgotten, whereas TF2 was released 4 years ago and is still mentioned/talked about every now and then, and has arguabley THE best SP FPS campaign of this generation, so that's where my vote goes. I'm still mad how they changed/ruined the MP compared to TF1 tho.

Top Bottom