• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014 (PC/XB1/360 same date)

Einbroch

Banned
Awesome.

Kind of strange though how the game is out in five months and we are still a little in the dark about how the campaign/multiplayer works.

Alx

Mass Effect was published by MS. And Bioshock was released on 360 which released a yard before the PS3. None of these things are the case, let's not forget PS4 has similar hardware. I would be surprised not to see TitanFall on PS4 next year.

Well, most of Gaf seem to trust CBOAT who hinted at one year exclusivity.

Bombless

PC for me. Best version, best controls, probably best price as well.

March is good, enough time to get bored of Battlefield 4.

I need a countdown.
But I don't think I would get that since is expensive as hell, even more with importation costs. If they release a Metal Case version with artbook I'm sold.

WxUFFoW.gif

Definitely ordering this for PC...maybe even X1 too

harSon

Banned
This is me being me, but 'shooter on consoles vs KB/M' is one thing I'll never understand. One lose so much finesse and control on the gamepad vs KB/M.

Games like Killzone and Halo practically leave me with no option but the gamepad, but FPS multiplats? PC all day every day.

I prefer playing multiplayer shooters on my television/couch. Granted my PC is hooked up to my television as well, but I've never come across a viable option for using a KB/M in this type of setup, and while a controller can certainly be used, it'd obviously put me at a huge disadvantage. That and the fact that I'm pretty much the only PC gamer within my group of friends, so that forces my hand as well. But honestly speaking, I'd still go XB1 if that weren't the case. The only multiplayer games I enjoy playing on PC are MOBA's, RTS's and point and click/MMO type games. Everything else I prefer a console like experience.

Rad-

I'm getting PS4 but I have to admit that this game is the most interesting next gen title along with The Division. I can tell it's going to be uber fun.

Prologue

Infamous in feb, Titanfall in march, Driveclub somewhere in-between with WatchDogs and Destiny right after.

Good times will be had next year, especially during a time thats usually a drought for gamers and new system adopters.

So Nov/Dec 2014 launch on PS4?

First thing I thought of, lol. If it is a 6 month exclusivity clause, then it will be out right before black friday for PS4.

I am still intrigued to find out if this game holds up to the hype after many repeated play sessions. Was always my biggest problem with COD is that after a month or two I would just hit a wall with the gameplay and had no desire to play it more. Also wonder how the scripted events will hold up after repeated sessions. Guess we will find out soon enough.

PS. There is also the question if Activision will release the Destiny Beta around the same time? They could severely cut the legs out from under Titanfall with the beta release of Destiny.

Krakn3Dfx

Will play on PC

Same, PC version has been pre-ordered for awhile, grabbed it back when Gamestop was running a deal that made it $45 for the digital version.

Hope my 660Ti can handle what they're bringing, if not, probably going to upgrade to something on the AMD side this time around.

MLCodest

I really hope they sell the artbook separately eventually. I'm a sucker for artbooks but I doubt I can talk myself into spending $250 on a CE.

haikira

Nice. While I've had shooter fatigue for a while now, except for the likes of Shadow Warrior 2013, any interviews these guys have given have said all the right things for me. This seems like a game that puts mechanics and responsiveness over flash and it's nice to see something a little different in the genre, even if it's not a massive departure.

I doubt I'll have the X1 by the games release, so it'll be PC for me. I'm sure whichever people go for, will be good stuff. Can't say I've given the 360 edition much notice, but hopefully they've given it to someone competent.

nynt9

Might get PC version pending impressions of other people whose opinions I value. I have little interest in a game that's basically multiplayer-only, but if the gameplay ends up being as fun as the insane PR hype wants me to think it is, I'll bite.

Top Bottom