• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Izu, it sounds like you have the Xbox version of the PC glitch that allowed you to play the game at double the speed. This was known for PC but definitely not known for the Xbox.

I wish I could cheat like this in all games, but I am worried about other people using it.

Bydobob

Izu, it sounds like you have the Xbox version of the PC glitch that allowed you to play the game at double the speed. This was known for PC but definitely not known for the Xbox.

It was only the rate of fire tied into your framerate. I play at up to 144fps and play was and is exactly the same speed.

Why would you want to cheat anyway Izuna? It's not like you need any help!

Chitown B

lately I've been getting shot behind walls and losing battles where I definitely had the jump on someone and the first couple shots. I watch the replay and it confirms this. I have good internet, too. So, I don't know what's up with this.

MadmanUK

Holy FUCK

I need to report something...

Please go to xboxclips.com and search my gamertag "Izuna Lasky"

I waited ages only to be joined in a game in progress on Xbox One, and I tried to get MVP despite starting late. I felt like I was getting a headache and for some reason I must have not been used to Titanfall after not playing for weeks.

As it turns out I was playing the game at twice the speed. No one could touch me and my guns were shooting 100% faster.

I don't know if the clips show the issue as well as my monitor did haha, but this has never happened before.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I thought they had optimised the game the first time it happened. After a bunch of games it turns into a flickering nightmare but it's cool while it lasts.

Izuna

Banned
It was only the rate of fire tied into your framerate. I play at up to 144fps and play was and is exactly the same speed.

Why would you want to cheat anyway Izuna? It's not like you need any help!

I am on my way to work which means no Titanfall for a while. I am a little second guessing myself and perhaps the screen was just updating at "half" the speed, which made my actions seem faster, and among all of this the guy who Rodeo'd new might have taken himself out with the Sidewinder or something. Either way I felt especially fast. Perhaps I have played to much Halo and I am not used to it anymore.

What I can say is that the gameclips do show what I was seeing, and what I was seeing definitely wasn't normal. Whether it gave me an extra edge or not is still up there.

EDIT: http://xboxclips.com/videos.php?gamertag=Izuna+Lasky

Lolololol

turcy

Really?

Didn't have a problem getting into a full match at all in the 48 free period. Should I be worried about getting the full game?

nah, it's slow sometimes during work hours, but i play every day on PC with no glaring frustrations.

the matchmaking definitely is lacking though, and there's many ways they could improve upon it.

Rayme

[speed demon]

There's a system issue that can cause this. Also fixed in the upcoming patch. If you want to get rid of it in the meantime (...), do a full reboot of the XB1 (shut it down by holding down the power button, then pull the power to be sure), and it should go away.

Is there any news on when the next patch is out? I'm really looking forward to some new modes and new achievements.
I've now got every achievement except win 50 ctf games and kill everyone during evacuation (which I don't think I'll ever get)
I'm especially excited for the wing man mode since my favorite mode is LTS and I usually play with a freind.

There's a system issue that can cause this. Also fixed in the upcoming patch. If you want to get rid of it in the meantime (...), do a full reboot of the XB1 (shut it down by holding down the power button, then pull the power to be sure), and it should go away.

I want positive outcome system issues to happen to me.

Glad it is getting fixed with the next patch.

garath

So yay or nay on the season pass? Is it really necessary to get the most out of the game? I'd much rather just spend the base $30 but I remember when I used to play CoD, if you didn't buy the DLC, you'd be left alone pretty quickly.

edit: Oh never mind. Game back to full price. Guess I'm not jumping in. Didn't realize it was only on sale for the weekend. Origin sometimes leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to presenting information.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So yay or nay on the season pass? Is it really necessary to get the most out of the game? I'd much rather just spend the base $30 but I remember when I used to play CoD, if you didn't buy the DLC, you'd be left alone pretty quickly.

edit: Oh never mind. Game back to full price. Guess I'm not jumping in. Didn't realize it was only on sale for the weekend. Origin sometimes leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to presenting information.

That's dumb. The game has been at half off for a week or 2 already ... why not extend it a week for the new players to decide if they want to buy it? Oh, EA.

garath

That's dumb. The game has been at half off for a week or 2 already ... why not extend it a week for the new players to decide if they want to buy it? Oh, EA.

:(

I literally had no idea this game was on sale until the free time and I didn't want to impulse buy until I knew the scope of the DLC. Too bad. I was going to buy the standard edition at least. :(

I don't follow Origin sales. Only knew about the free time from GAF (thanks GAF!)

At least I had a fun weekend with it. Oh well.. Until next sale.

Chitown B

the idle timer on TF is just awful. I can't sit in a lobby and get a drink without coming back disconnected from the server? The entire thing is MP, there is no single player. Don't force me to back out all the way to the main menu while I'm taking a short break. Also, booting during matches because of no activity is such BS. If I need to go grab my kid who is crying for 4 minutes and get him back down and come back, I can deal with my deaths that I got along the way. Don't force me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom