• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoyalawya

Had a hard finding a hardpoint game last night on Xbox One after midnight (USA Eastern). Was never a problem before. I guess everybody was playing Watch Dogs.

TrueGrime

I'm throwing in the towel guys. STOPPING AT GEN 6. Will not regen. Burnt out on the challenges. Still love playing but I love playing my way.

Jito

Banned
I'm throwing in the towel guys. STOPPING AT GEN 6. Will not regen. Burnt out on the challenges. Still love playing but I love playing my way.

I've stopped at 6 as well, the rodeo challenge requires too much effort and too much of a playstyle change, it's basically bugged as well requiring you to get the last hit in and stay on the Titan when it blows up every time.

arith

The regen challenges are about to lose this game another 3 players I fear.

We play shooters online every night, have since quake 3. It always been about working as a team to win. That's about gone in TF at the moment. I can't play in a way i enjoy. I can't play to win. We don't have a shared aim. The only way my buddies help each other is occasionally feeding me soft targets, like a bird regurgitating food for its young. Attrition , a 6v6 TDM-like mode, is anything but. Its 12 people soloing their way to challenges in ways that make no sense in game terms.

I still like the core game. Respawn have impressed the hell out of me with their first game, and they make some stuff look easy that other fps devs fail on over and over. Sure, it feels like a 0.9 version, and there's alot of things need looking at, but hell, they made a game I had more fun in in 1 week than 6 years of COD.

Kolgar

Staying at Level 50 Gen 2 to get get some achievements,but add me if you want. GT: ENEWTABIE. I haven't bought the DLC yet.

Might that be "All The Hardware"? I put off Gen 3 for several days in pursuit of this cheevo, finally nabbing it last night two hours after I should have gone to bed.

I'd be happy to clean up the last four achievements, save maybe Pull Harder, and then forego regenerating any more than what is fun to do.

This is a great game, and it's totally dominated my playtime, but some of that grinding is just a bit too much considering my backlog.

Just reached Generation 10 last night on the 360.

Thoughts on regen challenges are mixed.

Gen 2: Easy
Gen 3: Fuck the plasma railgun
Gen 4: Easy
Gen 5: Hard at first, took 1 1/2 weeks to get 3 goosers. Got the last 47 in two days.
Gen 6: Easy
Gen 7: Easy
Gen 8: 100 wins is fucking absurd and needs to be fixed. If not for a 43-3 day, I'd still be stuck here. Also, fix the goddamn drop designator if you require us to drop shit. I shouldn't have to run to the middle of a pack of grunts, look straight down and then drop it. Horrible generation.
Gen 9: Ogre is a pain in the ass to get exectutions with but not too bad. MVP was just stim + hardpoint and running between hardpoints capturing them.

Good idea and I did discover a lot of good guns. But execution on Gen 8 is horrific.

Carbine needs patching still.

Mixed it up a bit tonight with my friend, played some capture the flag, and pilot hunter. Really really good stuff. We tend not to stray from Attrition or Hardpoint but after all the news the last few weeks, we thought it'd be fun to mix it up (this is on X1 though); top stuff. I really do love this game. Need to get that map pack.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Has anyone noticed in the last few days the gameplay being rather jittery (XBox One)?

Movement speed seems turned up and the FPS seems to be dropping.

Connections are also not all 5 bar any more.

It seems that the last few days every time I join a lobby it feels like I'm running REALLY fast and gravity seems turned down - like I can jump higher.

A buddy also confirmed it was like this for him.

Anyone else?

Has anyone noticed in the last few days the gameplay being rather jittery (XBox One)?

It seems that the last few days every time I join a lobby it feels like I'm running REALLY fast and gravity seems turned down - like I can jump higher.

Anyone else?

I have heard this is a bug and to hard reboot your xbox one. I played for several hours yesterday and it played fine for me.

Anyone else?

Can't say it's affected me man. I was having a few issues last night with the xbox not loading up my friends app right and stuff, live seemed to be laggy in general, but actual titanfall performance when I played it today and yesterday was totally fine.

Tawpgun

How are people SO FUCKING DAFT.

When I have the flag first thing I look for is a friendly Titan. When my teammates grab the flag they run right past me, not bothering to hop on my Titan. COME THE FUCK ON.

It's better to be on a shielded Titan, likely a Stryder, and then bail when the shield is looking to go then to just take your chances on your own. Get both some invulnerability and speed, not to mention a big gun, on top of just your own speed.

tauke

Decided to give Titanfall one last chance and well I finally encountered the same issue that plague Firehawk that is the long loading time. By the time I join the game, the match is about to over with the opponent team leading since it's 6 vs 4 (my team)...

To make things worst, my ping readout is average 60ms but the game feels like 300ms with lots of teleporting going on.

So I'm done with the game and already uninstalled it. Not going to dip any multiplayer only game in the future. Sorry for the rant as the game initially start great and totally lose steam for the PC community especially in SEA region. Joining other region means really high ping which I abhor although my last few matches says otherwise.

My current progress is Gen 7 at level 50. Hats off to Respawn for the great memories with the game.

HelloMeow

I haven't played Titanfall in a week. I do want to play it, but I don't want to be disappointed or waste my time, so I'll leave it uninstalled for my own good.

Holy fuck:

h0BZcdz.png

Those teams. I was the last person to join. It makes no sense that it put me on that team.

EDIT: And the final score:

Round 2:

Finally put in some time after about a week. Couple hours yesterday and about 5 today. Gen 6, lvl 49. Brain Surgeon (V) 37/50 (much quicker now with the Spitfire+Slammer), Titan Killer-Triple Threat (III) 27/30, Titan Killer-Mag Launcher(V) 8/10.

Ran into a team of randoms that were incredibly vocal in the best way earlier. Felt really bad that I was the silent guy since I can't hear anything with my mic plugged in, but then again I was usually MVP or top 3, so I made up for it. Probably what kept me from completely abandoning the game for the rest of the week since teams were horribly mismatched before that point every time I logged on.

Rayme

Dat matchmaking, hope we get Rayme in here saying "ugh that never usually happens". How about every other lobby.

Top men, Jito. Top. Men.

...no, really. Matchmaking is being worked on, right now. Even if matches like what Hero posted were uncommon, they'd still be painful enough to need fixed.

(What are you referring to, btw? Are there things you feel we've handwaved away before with "never usually happens"?)

Tawpgun

Top men, Jito. Top. Men.

...no, really. Matchmaking is being worked on, right now. Even if matches like what Hero posted were uncommon, they'd still be painful enough to need fixed.

(What are you referring to, btw? Are there things you feel we've handwaved away before with "never usually happens"?)
Can you fix dumb stupid teammates too that'd be great

Bydobob

So, what's new? This thread seems to have been stuck on page 390 for a while now. I imagine Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs have claimed a few victims lately. Have to say Titanfall has had a strange hold over me even though I've not played for weeks. Jumping at walls in Wolfenstein trying to evade gunfire is an enduring habit I can't seem to break, while my ability to use stealth has been completely corrupted by the need to keep scoring imaginary points. It may have been marketing hype at the time, but whoever said Titanfall changes the rules of FPSes had a point!

Edit: Typical... page 391!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I contributed to that Reading Rainbow kickstarter, so you should see the results in-game in about... 10 years? Maybe sooner?
I endorse this comment

edit: Indeed for the moment Watch_Dogs is slotted into the time I would've played titanfall. Still have Dark Souls 2 to beat and my GW2 dues as well. :) But i'll be back.

SJS

I've been affected by the Wolfenstein plague too, but I'm recovering.

My quest for the 10 K/D continues. I'm at 7.1 now. Two and nine tenths to go. My last 10 game "average", if it can even be called that, was a 17 - no one wanted to blow up my Titan yesterday for some reason.

I had a moment where I was so embarrassed that I laughed uncontrollably recently. I was showing my friend, who plays this game infrequently, my grunt elimination route on Nexus so that I could show him how Thin the Ranks can get you a Titan very quickly. He expresses amazement at how I perfectly parkoured off the spawn (and mind you, he's somewhat of a hardcore gamer and loves the speed of this game), and I proceed to reach the grunts. As soon as I do, this guy who usually uses Atlases takes a spare Stryder to exactly where I am, flips around the corner to an area not in front of him, and direct impacts me with a Quad Rocket within what must have easily been a billisecond reaction, all while I'm in the air.

It was just so insanely coincidental, lucky, and embarassing that I couldn't stop laughing and I even invited the guy who did it into the party for shits and giggles.

I guess it's a break from an odd feeling that I've had as of late... I sometimes feel like I'm not even fighting humans in this game. I'm under a great deal of pressure not to die, but I still feel - especially when I'm in a Titan - that I barely even need to read or mindgame people because of how stupid the vast majority of players are. I can G2A4 crouchsnipe a guy across the map to 1% before he gets into cover, and he will always come out of cover before he completely regenerates in some kind of silly belief that I've disappeared or been lucky or something. People will stick out their heads and try to hit me with the Sidewinder when they know for a fact that I'm directly facing them and trying to direct impact them with the 40mm. People will try to chase me with their Titans in the low opening on Relic even when I put an electric smoke there. People will camp in their spawns and let me farm grunts without even trying to cloak up and archer me once.

The good player is a rarity, and when he plays, he will stay away from where I am on the map 80% of the time because he's too busy farming the idiots on my team for his Titan. Usually, I will just Titan duel him and only have a 75% chance of winning because of the high probability that I will get double teamed or be pre-damaged before the duel.

I don't want to sound like I hate this game - it's easily the best FPS in years and TF2 will keep me glued to my (PS4?). I'd play it occasionally even without a goal... but my goal is what keeps me playing this game in a majority of my free hours. Admittedly, this game doesn't have the best replay value with its lack of content.

Redd

I gotta say this game is a breath of fresh air after all that Call of Duty. You have one way to play as a pilot then you gotta change it up as a Titan. Teamwork is key against Titans and the carbine with suppressor is overpowered.

Redd

I don't think the Carbine necessarily has to be touched, but some of the other guns need some tweaking to be more viable.

Ehhh, no point using a sniper rifle. Carbine does great damage, you can kill people have way across the map and they can't tell where's it's coming from because of the suppressor. I love the carbine and will keep using it but they should patch it to kick when your shooting pilots across the map imo.

Ehhh, no point using a sniper rifle. Carbine does great damage, you can kill people have way across the map and they can't tell where's it's coming from because of the suppressor. I love the carbine and will keep using it but they should patch it to kick when your shooting pilots across the map imo.

A very minute kick would keep it viable except at the longest distances. It isn't as big of an issue on XBO since the precision on PC is lost, but I remember how it was during the beta on that platform.
Yeah. Like the fucking spitfire that POS.

Gen 6 is an interesting gen. You have:
  • The Triple Threat that is rather weak as an anti-Titan weapon, damages you, and is terrible against most pilots. Once mine field is obtained, it makes for a decent guerrilla option that falls short of greatness due to the terrible magazine.
  • Mag Launcher is slow and has a low damage output once shields are down, and also has a terrible magazine size. Magnetic rounds help keep it accurate and a good option when trapped behind cover.
  • Spitfire kicks around and is outperformed generally by all close/mid-range weapons that it shares area of performance. Has a great clip size and is a surprisingly accurate weapon when wall hanging. HCOG also helps in gauging the necessary correction to its recoil.
  • Finally there's the half-broken Brain Surgeon challenge that gives the Spitfire a rope to cling on once the Slammer mod is obtained and that the Spitfire is the only viable weapon (non-amped) to solidly perform the challenge. Which means that you're stuck relying on the Spitfire until this challenge is completed.

It's a damned better outlook than 100 wins though.

Tawpgun

The gunplay in this game is garbage anyway. If it didn't have the parkour it would be a total snoozefest.

I still can't tell if the guns are hitscan or not. Feels like im hitting air a lot of the time.

Jito

Banned
Top men, Jito. Top. Men.

No I'm just pulling your leg, I know there's not much you can do about unbalanced teams other than using a proper ranking system like Halo maybe. Game could really do with a server browser on PC though, got matched with Americans playing in EU West today on a Sunday afternoon.

MaGlock

Absolutely killed gen 5. Won 45 of 49 games. Finished the challenges at level 44. Dreading gen 6 after reading what you guys said. I hate triple threat and probably have 5 brain surgeon kills in 2 days playing time

Stackboy

Is it easy to get a game going on the Xbone? I play it on PC, but I'm thinking of buying an Xbone next week, bundled with Titanfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom