• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Diamond 4 right now, almost to 5. I mainly play CTF and it's annoying when i do all this work and we don't win.

With this new Titanfall $12.49 deal going on right now there's going to be so many new players playing after this weekend. Frustration awaits.

HGStormy

Banned
Picked this up because of the deal. Would have gotten it sooner but I was burnt out on season passes from Ghosts.

Super fun, though I wish there was a bigger variety of weapons. :) Hope the population gets a boost from the sale.

Diamond 4 right now, almost to 5. I mainly play CTF and it's annoying when i do all this work and we don't win.

I hopped on and checked my rank chip only to see that in the few weeks I haven't been playing I decayed down from Diamond V with 5 battlemarks down to low Diamond III. I was a bit surprised, I remember seeing the "a battlemark will decay in 10 days" thing and didn't think much of it, one battlemark there, another 10 days later, and then pretty much the season should end, but I guess that's not how it works. Now I'm going to have to scramble a bit to get my Diamond V ranking. And yeah, 35-6, 6 titan kills, 3 flag caps, 3 returns = no battlemark sometimes. It's still the lack of transparency in how it all works that bugs me.
With this new Titanfall $12.49 deal going on right now there's going to be so many new players playing after this weekend. Frustration awaits.
You've got this all wrong, Black Friday Noobs are going to be delicious treats. Yeah, you'll have crappy teammates, but the opponents will be garbage as well. It is a time of plenty.

It looks like, unless I have missed a deal somewhere, that the UK is getting a rough deal on the season pass. The cheapest for PC is £14.99. The deluxe edition is only a few pounds more.

p3tran

Banned
At one point we were pretty close in matches played but you seem ot have gone past me. Funny thing is, I hardly ever see you online playing Titanfall, it's always something else.

Timezones I guess.

Only got one achievement left now, earn 500K. I"m at about 370K. Aklthough pre Update 8 I had EASILY earned 400K or more.

well, I dont play titanfall offline, thats for sure :D

you are right, I dont play often the last period, mainly because of all these new games dropping. and I am having a hard time even for the basics.

but when I arrange with my local peeps to gang-up for tf, then most times we forget time exists. and everything else. thats why you may be seeing inexplicable jumps in numbers :D

about achievements, titanfall is of the games I do care for them, because I enjoy the game. I am missing (I just checked lol) 260 points for the whole 2k, but most are basically trivial (black market etc). For me I count as really missing the "I killed them all" and "pull harder". but I guess playing with my team these are not easy to get hahaha

are our timezones completely opposite? maybe next time I arrange with gang I arrange with you too?

You've got this all wrong, Black Friday Noobs are going to be delicious treats. Yeah, you'll have crappy teammates, but the opponents will be garbage as well. It is a time of plenty.

I think it actually gets worse when batches of new people join all at once.

A lot of new people just take the easy mode route and use smart pistol. That just has a wide impact on how matches go because the ones not using smart pistol are at a severe disadvantage to start with. It also just gives the impression that the game takes no skill to succeed or perform well, probably pushing a lot of players away.

I think it actually gets worse when batches of new people join all at once.

A lot of new people just take the easy mode route and use smart pistol. That just has a wide impact on how matches go because the ones not using smart pistol are at a severe disadvantage to start with. It also just gives the impression that the game takes no skill to succeed or perform well, probably pushing a lot of players away.

Yah but noobs with smart pistols aren't that much better. You still have to parkour well with the smart pistol to be annoying.

Yah but noobs with smart pistols aren't that much better. You still have to parkour well with the smart pistol to be annoying.

I generally destroy anyone with a smart pistol. I dunno how it is on consoles but on PC my aim is just too fast with the CAR although since I am vulnerable to error in aiming or framerate drops, I do occasionally die. The CAR just dominates a smart pistol user though, in general. Sometimes there are weird situations where having flawless aim while dancing about in the sky while you're off guard beats me.

That actually isn't the issue to me though. To me the issue is a new player not using the smart pistol, who is inexperienced or doesn't have the skill, not earning as many points as a new player with smart pistol, regardless of their skill. A lot of the matches in attrition seem to be decided that way. It really dominates the grunts and spectres pretty hard.

I generally destroy anyone with a smart pistol. I dunno how it is on consoles but on PC my aim is just too fast with the CAR although since I am vulnerable to error in aiming or framerate drops, I do occasionally die. The CAR just dominates a smart pistol user though, in general. Sometimes there are weird situations where having flawless aim while dancing about in the sky while you're off guard beats me.

That actually isn't the issue to me though. To me the issue is a new player not using the smart pistol, who is inexperienced or doesn't have the skill, not earning as many points as a new player with smart pistol, regardless of their skill. A lot of the matches in attrition seem to be decided that way. It really dominates the grunts and spectres pretty hard.
PC is different than console. People don't parkour as effectively so i'd say smart pistol is even less of a problem on console but it's still annoying.

My problem with new players is awareness, or lack there of. I mainly play CTF and i can't tell you how many times people on my team don't know wtf is going on. It's crazy. Probably something Respawn needs to look into for T2. Voice indicators needs to be more helpful for newcomers.

I demolish players on a 1v1 bases but since CTF is about teamwork i can still lose and it's very frustrating since i'm always the first to drop a titan. I should be wining every match and i'm not because idiots don't understand to jump on the titan with the flag. I play solo 95% of the time so imagine the frustration.

jem0208

I bought this game today and I've already put about 4 hours in.

Damn this is addictive. I don't even care about the unlocks, I'm just enjoying parkouring all over the place.

Really, we're freaking out over the Smart Pistol again? If you don't want to grunt-race them then go hunt them down, watch where your grunts are dying in bursts of three and carbine them to death. Or just play other game modes. Smart Pistol is fun as hell to parkour around with, but it's only really good in Attrition. There are other (really good) game modes to play.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
well, I dont play titanfall offline, thats for sure :D

you are right, I dont play often the last period, mainly because of all these new games dropping. and I am having a hard time even for the basics.

but when I arrange with my local peeps to gang-up for tf, then most times we forget time exists. and everything else. thats why you may be seeing inexplicable jumps in numbers :D

about achievements, titanfall is of the games I do care for them, because I enjoy the game. I am missing (I just checked lol) 260 points for the whole 2k, but most are basically trivial (black market etc). For me I count as really missing the "I killed them all" and "pull harder". but I guess playing with my team these are not easy to get hahaha

are our timezones completely opposite? maybe next time I arrange with gang I arrange with you too?

If you're in Ελλάδα then it might be tricky. Luckily I have those 2 achievements. I killed them al is basically luck. I managed to get it boosted when Pilot Skirmish was around. Not many AU players os I managed ot find a 1 v 1 match where the guy agreed to let me kill him.

Then about a week or so ago, I got the achievement on the US servers on my own lol.

Really, we're freaking out over the Smart Pistol again? If you don't want to grunt-race them then go hunt them down, watch where your grunts are dying in bursts of three and carbine them to death. Or just play other game modes. Smart Pistol is fun as hell to parkour around with, but it's only really good in Attrition. There are other (really good) game modes to play.

You can't play every game mode consistently on PC. Sometimes the mode you want to play only has 1-3 lobbies running at best, and when you join a match it won't always be full.

I'm not really freaking out over smart pistol, but I do understand the smart pistol is one of the worst design decisions I have ever seen in a fps, ever. This is for various reasons. What we were talking about is when there are a lot of new players, I think there are additional problems caused by smart pistol.

So is it just me or is the new Marked For Death Pro mode awful? It takes what made the original MFD good, and replaced it with what makes LTS bad. A few matches is all I need to know I'll never play it again. 15 second spurts of the most obnoxious behavior... no thanks.

Madness

Game is immensely fun once you get the hang of it! The game, plus all the DLC for $15 CAD(12.49 USD). It was a steal. Here's hoping before the weekend is out, thousands, if not over a hundred thousand at least buy the game as well.

You can't play every game mode consistently on PC. Sometimes the mode you want to play only has 1-3 lobbies running at best, and when you join a match it won't always be full.

I'm not really freaking out over smart pistol, but I do understand the smart pistol is one of the worst design decisions I have ever seen in a fps, ever. This is for various reasons. What we were talking about is when there are a lot of new players, I think there are additional problems caused by smart pistol.

Yes it is.

I think the smart pistol should only be usable up to a certain ranking (and not available after regen). It is a babby (sic) gun.

Special C

PC is different than console. People don't parkour as effectively so i'd say smart pistol is even less of a problem on console but it's still annoying.

My problem with new players is awareness, or lack there of. I mainly play CTF and i can't tell you how many times people on my team don't know wtf is going on. It's crazy. Probably something Respawn needs to look into for T2. Voice indicators needs to be more helpful for newcomers.

I demolish players on a 1v1 bases but since CTF is about teamwork i can still lose and it's very frustrating since i'm always the first to drop a titan. I should be wining every match and i'm not because idiots don't understand to jump on the titan with the flag. I play solo 95% of the time so imagine the frustration.

One time I was playing CTF and my teammate dropped a Stryder at the start. I follow the Titan guy all the way to the flag. I get the flag, hop on his Titan and where does he go? To the back of the enemy base to fight other pilots......

this is gonna sound like a weird question but do you need to download the individual map packs on xbox one for this game if you bought the season pass, or do they dl inside of a game patch?

(killer instinct dls all costumes etc inside of a patch so you dont need to dl individual packs from the store)

Shotgun, CAR and R97 melt Smart Pistols, even without these all you need is good hipfire and don't stay on the ground like a duck.

this is gonna sound like a weird question but do you need to download the individual map packs on xbox one for this game if you bought the season pass, or do they dl inside of a game patch?

(killer instinct dls all costumes etc inside of a patch so you dont need to dl individual packs from the store)
There will be separate download items for map packs so you can pause one or another, the game itself will function without map packs installed, you just won't be matchmade into dlc maps.

Yes it is.

I think the smart pistol should only be usable up to a certain ranking (and not available after regen). It is a babby (sic) gun.

I think they could easily make it a skill based gun if they just give it really accurate hipfire, without the autoaim of course.

Heck, they could put the auto-aim on ADS instead of hipfire and it would be significantly more acceptable than it is now while still giving new players a handicap to rely on.

I think they could easily make it a skill based gun if they just give it really accurate hipfire, without the autoaim of course.

Heck, they could put the auto-aim on ADS instead of hipfire and it would be significantly more acceptable than it is now while still giving new players a handicap to rely on.

Having really accurate hip fire probably will actually make it more broken especially on PC. SP being annoying on PC is largely due to how easy it is to track a even fast moving target with mouse. CAR, R97 and Shotgun are even more dominant than they are on consoles purely because of that.

HelloMeow

Having really accurate hip fire probably will actually make it more broken especially on PC. SP being annoying on PC is largely due to how easy it is to track a even fast moving target with mouse. CAR, R97 and Shotgun are even more dominant than they are on consoles purely because of that.

No, it would remove everything that is currently OP about it:
-spotting players
-insta killing without warning
-aim bot feature
-too good for Attrition

It would be a bit like the C.A.R. with counterweight, but I guess it would be harder to use.

I just had some gen 10 invite me to friend's list and then to join his lobby and all he did was moan about having issues with warping players and other excuses just cause I handed his ass to him 5 out of 5 times we met up on the map. Was pretty pathetic lol. I had no significant issues so I doubt it was the game or server's fault.

I did hit diamond rank today though. I think I'll just stop there. Just play without having to worry about dying in hardpoint (cause dying takes so much points off your end score) is nice. I've had games in the past where I score over 3.5k points but minus 500-600 points due to like 5 deaths and lose a battlerank.

I think it would be about as good as the CAR is in terms of hipfire, but a much slower ROF and having to manually tap each shot. It would fill a midrange hipfire role where even SMGs are more accurate in ADS for burst firing. I think it could be neat if they balance it well. Up close you'd want a SMG for sure just due to the sheer amount of damage you can put out.

Quick question, have Titanfall on PC but just double dipped on the Xbone version. Will I neeed to grind out the campaign again to unlock the other titan types?

Alric

Quick question, have Titanfall on PC but just double dipped on the Xbone version. Will I neeed to grind out the campaign again to unlock the other titan types?

I haven't done any campaign, just attrition and unlocked the other titans. You just got to get to a certain level.

Jumped back in with the 12 dollar deal.

Holy shit forgot how great the titanfall gunplay feels . So easy to drop in and play a game .

So glad I got back in and forgot how far I had leveled previously (level 37) .

How is it different than standard MFD? No Titans?

I think the only way to get a titan is via burn card.

Each life is played in rounds. No respawns as well. First marked player to die ends the round, which restarts titan countdowns as well.

It is pretty cool imo. The only problem is it just feels like an an absolute race across the map. I guess that isn't necessarily how the round has to play out since you can play more defensively at first due to no respawns and hope your guy survives long enough to take out attackers.

I think the only way to get a titan is via burn card.

Each life is played in rounds. No respawns as well. First marked player to die ends the round, which restarts titan countdowns as well.

It is pretty cool imo. The only problem is it just feels like an an absolute race across the map. I guess that isn't necessarily how the round has to play out since you can play more defensively at first due to no respawns and hope your guy survives long enough to take out attackers.

Titan drops occur like they normally do, but because it's elimination it means Titans are much more rare.

Kolgar

Are achievements glitched on the 'bone version?

I earned all the trophies for the IMC campaign but no achievement for winning every level.

I have also acquired All the Hardware but that achievement did not pop. Is it true that since the update, it's now required that I purchase all of the voice packs for it to count?

That would displease me, as I am only Level 1 and would most likely have to regen to acquire enough credits to buy all the packs at some distant future date.

Lovely game. I've triple-dipped on the X1 game. It would just be nice to get these cheevos.

Chris1

Are achievements glitched on the 'bone version?

I earned all the trophies for the IMC campaign but no achievement for winning every level.

I have also acquired All the Hardware but that achievement did not pop. Is it true that since the update, it's now required that I purchase all of the voice packs for it to count?

That would displease me, as I am only Level 1 and would most likely have to regen to acquire enough credits to buy all the packs at some distant future date.

Lovely game. I've triple-dipped on the X1 game. It would just be nice to get these cheevos.
It might just be delayed (happens alot with xbone achievements).

I doubt you will be required to purchase all the voice packs, since there's an achievement for that too.

For the campaign double check in personal stats > levels, a trophy will appear if you've won it (Relic, Outpost 207, Demeter, Fracture, Corporate, Colony, Boneyard, Angel City, Airbase)

Izuna

Banned
Another season, another D5. I got all of the Achievements about 2 weeks ago I think, but couldn't celebrate it back then.

I complained before about Ranked chips not being fair, but I can hardly finish a match without getting one now haha.

m23

Just got back into the game over the weekend. A few friends ended up getting the game due to the sale so I have more people to play with. It's nice playing and not having the same maps repeated over and over.

I somehow got into the ranking thing, how do my friends get it?

Ferny

Just got back into the game over the weekend. A few friends ended up getting the game due to the sale so I have more people to play with. It's nice playing and not having the same maps repeated over and over.

I somehow got into the ranking thing, how do my friends get it?

I think after you play for a bit it puts you in there. Not sure exactly on that tho.

Picked up the Xbox One version, I'll probably jump back in when I'm finished with Dragon Age, and alternate with Pokémon AS. :lol

Lookin' forward to it.

Top Bottom